YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 28]

301CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 12:13 am

Megabyte

A very weird thing here. Lia's conscience was taken away for a short while and she already became Mara. And she obeys Sadako?!
And Fiona, even without her conscience around, didn't become automatically cruel or non-caring. She clearly stated Sadako "couldn't do that" to Lucy and she's also concerned about Lia.

302CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 12:22 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

I'm going to assume, maybe Fi was unconcience for a while?

I think it'd be neat if... Mara was wearng No Face's bloody hat later. XD

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

303CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 1:27 am

Kugai

Kugai

Exit No-Face, no bows, no applause (well, maybe some Twisted Evil )

I want to see Fi come back with the sword and shove it right down Sadako's throat and twist!

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

304CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 2:26 am

carl-E

carl-E

YazzyDream wrote:I'm going to assume, maybe Fi was unconcience for a while?

Conscious or unconscious has nothing to do with having a conscience!

unrelated words!

I'm with Megabyte - something's rotten in Denmark, and it's not just No-face's lifeless shell!

305CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 2:48 am

la_chinchilla

I sort of smirked at No Face's demise, but yeah, that sound you hear? That's the sound of months's worht of speculating flushing down the toilet Razz

306CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 2:50 am

siriusly

siriusly

The hell.

Wasn't it just a few pages ago that it was covered that it would take a while for Fi to begin to feel the effects of being with her conscious?

Meanwhile, Lia who's reunited with her conscious for a while is separated for the same period of time and reverts instantly back into "The Mara"?

And not to mention, Fi isn't even thinking anymore. Sadako promises to let Fi and Lia return to the real world and live together? Hello? If Lia's body is still even alive in the real world she's going to be an old lady.

I also think No-Face being turned into a helpless bunny thing upon Fiona's arrival was the perfect exit for No Face. This one is just pointless.

*face palms* Oi vey.

307CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Seriously? Fri May 07, 2010 3:18 am

sheisakeeper

sheisakeeper

I'm with siriusly.

I was perfectly content knowing No-Face was an adorable little fuzz ball now forever. When I first saw him by the throne I was suprised.

I honestly don't think this is Lia. It's too soon (as has been mentioned) for Lia to have lost her mind and reverted. Even when she was the Mara she never listened to anyone.

I donno what's going on here but we'll have to wait until Monday to figure it out now.

308CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 3:44 am

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

No-Face changed back a while ago, somehow or other. He was talking to Lucy through the necklace when Jeanne and Nica gave it back to her.

The Lia/Mara thing is trippin out my balls though. Maybe she just really, really hates Sadako.

The way Mara is drawn, though, at first I thought it was a Fiona-version of Mara. Like Sadako was showing Fiona what she could become, or something.

What if Sadako had Lia's conscience killed and she's just lying about it? And the only way for Fiona to save Nod from the Terrible Mara is to kill her? Damn, that would be intense.

309CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 3:47 am

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

I have to ask, are we ever going to find out what role JAMES played in all this? And why they made Mary act like a stereotype? It seems awfully close to the end for that to get explained, but I wanna know!! If we're going for simple rationalization, they wanted to devalue Mary's credibility and James was a spy. But knowing Megan, it could be waaaaay more complex than that.

*SNAP*
Or, y'know, not.

310CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 6:19 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

carl-E wrote:
YazzyDream wrote:I'm going to assume, maybe Fi was unconcience for a while?

Conscious or unconscious has nothing to do with having a conscience!

unrelated words!

Haha, yea. I knew I spelled it wrong, but I couldn't bother myself to figure out the correct spelling.

Uis Elveti wrote:I have to ask, are we ever going to find out what role JAMES played in all this? And why they made Mary act like a stereotype? It seems awfully close to the end for that to get explained, but I wanna know!! If we're going for simple rationalization, they wanted to devalue Mary's credibility and James was a spy. But knowing Megan, it could be waaaaay more complex than that.

*SNAP*
Or, y'know, not.
I think Megan said James was backup in case Fi didn't swing Lia's way.

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

311CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 6:48 am

Michael

I don't think that's Mara anyhow.

312CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 7:29 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Uis Elveti wrote:I have to ask, are we ever going to find out what role JAMES played in all this?

As Yazzy said, Megan did bring this up. While Sadako was probably hoping Fi would fall for Lia, there were multiple back ups (Sarah, James) in case that failed in some way.

Uis Elveti wrote:And why they made Mary act like a stereotype?

Also mentioned by Megan a while back. Scriptwriters (now we know was just Sadako) thought that Fi didn't know any better (or alternatively, Sadako didn't know any better?) and it would have been too discordant if Mary didn't act in stereotypical ways.

313CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 8:47 am

Megabyte

There's another explanation that I brought up before when Lia became Mara: a spell! Maybe Sadako simply induced Lia to become Mara both before and now. At least a spell would be the only way Mara would obey Sadako at this moment.

314CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 2:26 pm

Limey

Love the "air quotes" in panel #2!

315CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 7:17 pm

Dinru

Dinru

First of all, the Lia-To-Mara thing has been somewhat explained. Although that only explains how it could be, and it seems to be worded carefully to not say that it actually IS. So it doesn't necessarily rule anything out, it just makes it actually being Lia that much more possible.

Also, the fact that she's fighting for life in the real world - If it's life in the real world but with Lia or death, which do you think she'd rather have? And it's already established that she's left, so.

Also, it's such a shame that Bun-Bun and No-Face's cat form never played more of a part Sad (I'm not sure how he changed back though. I guess Sadako must have done it?)

316CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 9:58 pm

Megabyte

Dinru wrote:First of all, the Lia-To-Mara thing has been somewhat explained. Although that only explains how it could be, and it seems to be worded carefully to not say that it actually IS. So it doesn't necessarily rule anything out, it just makes it actually being Lia that much more possible.

Also, the fact that she's fighting for life in the real world - If it's life in the real world but with Lia or death, which do you think she'd rather have? And it's already established that she's left, so.

Also, it's such a shame that Bun-Bun and No-Face's cat form never played more of a part Sad (I'm not sure how he changed back though. I guess Sadako must have done it?)

Yes. I think the way Megan worded things pretty much explain that that is truly Lia.

317CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 10:34 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

siriusly wrote:And not to mention, Fi isn't even thinking anymore. Sadako promises to let Fi and Lia return to the real world and live together? Hello? If Lia's body is still even alive in the real world she's going to be an old lady.

Perhaps, she knows that Lia is dead/would be 80 years old, but is being spurred on not by the promise of living in the real world with Lia, but Lia getting her conscience back, period.

318CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 07, 2010 10:36 pm

Ana

I saw today's page, and immediately went to TvTropes...
... and now that Yume's TvTropes article has Dropped A Bridge On Him, I can sleep sound.

319CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 08, 2010 12:16 am

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

freakingdork wrote:
Uis Elveti wrote:I have to ask, are we ever going to find out what role JAMES played in all this?

As Yazzy said, Megan did bring this up. While Sadako was probably hoping Fi would fall for Lia, there were multiple back ups (Sarah, James) in case that failed in some way.

Uis Elveti wrote:And why they made Mary act like a stereotype?

Also mentioned by Megan a while back. Scriptwriters (now we know was just Sadako) thought that Fi didn't know any better (or alternatively, Sadako didn't know any better?) and it would have been too discordant if Mary didn't act in stereotypical ways.

Haha, Sadako must reeeeeeeeally not know anything about boys if she thinks JAMES would be enough to convince someone to stay in another universe forever. And I remember someone... Lucy, maybe? Or someone talking to Mary on set?... saying that "the order came from higher up to add him in". Wasn't it already sort of obvious that Fi liked Lia by the time James was in the picture? (maybe not to Sadako... hmmm) Maybe that line's just a red herring and I'm overanalyzing.

And I remember at one point Megan dropped a hint that there might be a more sinister purpose behind making Mary talk like a stereotype than just that they didn't think Fi knew any better. (What with James NOT talking like that and all.) But maybe she was just trying to fuck with us. XD

320CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 08, 2010 6:54 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Seriously, I didn't think that was Lia until she said it was. It doesn't look like Lia did before but if it is maybe she is the Mara again because she was already the Mara once and losing her conscience(yes I probably spelled it wrong so sue me) automatically warped her mind again. Like oh here we go -Yoink- *transformation* or maybe its been a couple of hours or days Nod-time...it wasn't really specified how long it was....so its possible it was just long enough to make Lia into Mara....although I would be surprised if she was actually listening to Sadako...something here doesn't quite add up...*sigh* Guess we have to wait till Monday to see >.<....

(o.O Maybe its a "headless" nodian - like Lucy pretending to be The Mara >.< and she was told to kill No Face to make it believable...if I was told either do this or you will die I would probably do it >.<)

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

321CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 08, 2010 8:17 am

Michael

I just noticed this. Fiona has the sword.

322CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 08, 2010 1:29 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

darkrose072687 wrote:(o.O Maybe its a "headless" nodian - like Lucy pretending to be The Mara >.< and she was told to kill No Face to make it believable...if I was told either do this or you will die I would probably do it >.<)

Nope. Word of God regarding this matter can be found here, as someone previously linked.

323CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 08, 2010 4:20 pm

mishykinz

mishykinz

I know the Mara is supposed to be horrible deranged and evil, but she's still hot.

Yes, that's all I have to contribute for now.

324CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 pm

carl-E

carl-E

darkrose072687 wrote:...and losing her conscience(yes I probably spelled it wrong so sue me) ...

No, that's fine. And I'm not suing anyone. Sorry to jump all over it earlier, but a while back someone seriously confounded the words conscience and conscious, and it wasn't just a misspelling!

I mean, there's so much to read into this story as it is, without assuming that "unconscious" means not having a conscience... I'm not a grammar nazi, but I did start school as an English major, and I love the language. And I know a lot of people on this forum are not native speakers of English and could easily be confused.

Sorry if I got a little harsh about it before. Embarassed

Carry on!

325CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 13 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 10, 2010 12:50 am

wrdonerd

this may sound strange, but Sadako looks so cute in that bottom panel for today's page. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum