YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 20 of 28]

476CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:42 am

Megabyte

About Mara killing her conscience... she still has hope even if that happens. If Mary could be reassigned if Fiona died, then why can't a new conscience be assigned to Mara?

That would probably change Lia's personality, which would be interesting.

477CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:05 am

maquette

I can see why Fiona's being so negative Maybe not for Lia being old or bisexual, but at least for the whole 'let's make love and I'll tell you my life story and THEN tell you I'm a trap.'

478CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:06 am

wrdonerd

hee hee- go Mary!

479CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:16 am

cmacmac

cmacmac

daneyb wrote:did anyone else notice Fiona's hair floating upwards, like Sadako's?

I don't think Nod's going to allow Fiona the choice to reject the throne.

I noticed it too. I guess it's just some snazzy power from Nod. And here I always thought Sadako just favored hair gel a little too much.

I don't think it's about not letting Fiona reject the throne, it just comes with the eye like a package deal. She can't just go "I'm going home, screw you and your silly throne," the other two rulers couldn't leave and it had nothing to do with their hair. "Oh darn my hair is all swirly and defying gravity, guess I can't step down from the throne,"

480CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:20 am

Smurgleburf

I think Fiona has a point here. Lia is very different from the girl she fell in love with. Yes, she should go after her to stop her from fucking up Dream World AGAIN; seriously, having lost her conscience doesn't exactly excuse her from being a terrible monster. Fi would be just as insane as Lia to get back with her.

481CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:50 am

Ana

Plus, she had OTHER lovers - *le gasp* MEN! Who could ever forgive her for not being a true, legitimate gold star lesbian who had the strengh to resist the pressures of heteronormativity? Unacceptable.

482CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:06 am

sticarus

What if she COULD deny the throne? Not in the "Nah, rather not" sort of sense, but in the "kill me" sort of way.

Sadako ruled for a long time, she was tired, her real-world body was long gone. The King was tired too, so I'm guessing he ruled for a long time as well. We don't really know his back story, if he was a real-world-er. What if getting killed in the dream world sends you back to your real-world body? Sadako's was dead, so she died. Maybe "killing" Fi, to take over the throne, would push her back into her body. It would explain why Don said she "chose" not to stay. If she found someone fitting (like Don) before her body died, maybe she could refuse the throne by forcing herself back into her body that way.

483CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:23 am

teambates

Likelihood of abolute power corrupting: absolutely.

484CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:35 am

TheResult

TheResult

Ana wrote:Plus, she had OTHER lovers - *le gasp* MEN! Who could ever forgive her for not being a true, legitimate gold star lesbian who had the strengh to resist the pressures of heteronormativity? Unacceptable.

This was, admittedly, the part of the story that always bugged me. And by "bugged me", I mean that it really made Fiona look really stupid. The fact that she was bothered by this, more than being bothered by the fact that Lia was a murderer or that she had lied to Fiona in the past? Ruins Fiona for me.

http://theresult.deviantart.com

485CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:43 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

It's my least favorite part of Fiona, too.

http://rosalarian.com

486CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:43 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

The thing is is that so doesn't seem like Fi so unless the stabbing thing really just sent her over the edge I feel that either the power is changing her or the fact that she killed someone did....something just isn't right here since I don't feel like she would ever give up on Lia, then again I could be wrong and she really could just be ticked off about her stabbing her....but I don't think so...

I love Mary! She is awesome on this page...although why do I get the feeling Fiona is gonna get all pissed off at her and tell her to go away...o.O Sad I hope she doesn't wind up being like Sadako.... *sigh*

teambates wrote:Likelihood of abolute power corrupting: absolutely.

Indeed.

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

487CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:59 pm

Roses Ablaze

Fi's supposed to be a bit of a brat, anyway.

488CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Zx2_152

Am I the only one who's happy that Fi's pissed off with Lia? I know I'm definitely in the minority here, but if she and Lia get back together at the end, I will be sorely disappointed in her... She deserves better than a liar/murderer/trap.

489CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 5:01 pm

Becki719

Zx2, I agree completely. In fact, I'm shocked at how many people here want Fiona and Lia to get back together at this point. Neutral

I do agree that Fiona being upset about Lia being bisexual (especially when she initially found out about it and seemed more upset by that than Lia/Mara's sociopathic/murderous tendencies) is...irritating, to say the least (especially as a bi girl myself). Otherwise, I think it's perfectly sane and rational for Fiona to not want to stay with someone who tried to, you know, kill her.

I'm curious to hear Mary's side of things, but as it stands right now, I'm on Fiona's side with this one.

490CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 7:53 pm

after all

after all

I'm with Becki and Zx2. While Fiona's biphobia is pretty stupid, Lia really isn't the same Lia that Fiona fell in love with, and if she's not in love with Lia anymore after all of this, then she shouldn't force herself to be. Also, Fiona does have the right to leave Lia, any time she wants to. She doesn't have to stay just because Lia still cares about her. It's sad, but there is nothing wrong with her exercising her right to walk away.

I would argue that she has a responsibility to stop Mara, though. But that doesn't mean she needs to take Lia back.

491CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 8:20 pm

SchizoAuthoress

Longtime reader and lurker, just recently signed up because I feel the need to talk about the latest strip. ^_^

I totally feel for Fi (although, yes, as many people have said, her biphobia is one definitely unappealing facet of her character) at this point. Who here hasn't gotten angry and depressed over losing someone they loved, even when it's "just" a really, really horrible break-up? I think Fi is entitled to voice her pain and anger, but I'm also glad that Mary is doing her job by slapping some sense into Fi. (The fact that it was literal, and the depiction, makes it pretty funny, too!)

Fi might not have a responsibility as Lia's jilted lover to stop the Mara, but definitely as the Ruler of Nod, Fi has a responsibility to keep her subjects safe. (If she doesn't, would that make her "as bad as Sadako", at least in the whole "don't care about the people of Nod, gonna go angst now"?)

So they should, at least, go after the Mara for that reason. I hope that Mary's argument runs along those lines in the next page. ^_^

492CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 11:26 pm

cmacmac

cmacmac

I know Fiona SHOULDN'T be mad at Lia for being a bisexual, but maybe I can shed som light on why that might bug he. This is just a guess though. All of the horrible things Lia did as Mara were very shocking. So initially Fiona wouldn't even be able to process that kind of information, heck I wasn't able to at first. Also please note Fiona loved Lia (and I think sill does) so internally Fiona must have been rationalizing all Lia's negative actions. But you can't really say being Bi was not her fault. It's also not so much that Lia was with a GUY but that she was with ANYbody other than Fiona. She's jealous of this guy she's never met. How can she compete with someone who's already gone AND is a guy.(not saying that being a guy makes him better, just something Fiona can't be better at. She can't be a better guy.) That is a possible reason why Fiona lashed out at Lia about this fact.

493CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:42 am

lasteffect

I'm still curious on whats going to happen to both of them.

As Don tells the story, it seems Fionna is gone from the Dream World and back to Reality, but what of Lia?

Is her fate to be sealed as it was similar to Sadako or does she stay, but with sanity or nay?

With so much going on, and well, only a few weeks left... I wonder the outcome.

494CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:56 am

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

cmacmac wrote:
..."Oh darn my hair is all swirly and defying gravity, guess I can't step down from the throne,"

rofl, that line made me smile XD

495CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jun 02, 2010 4:02 am

Kugai

Kugai

Nothing like a good smack on the kisser to get the little grey cells working again, non?

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

496CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Sympathy Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 am

sheisakeeper

sheisakeeper

I feel for Fiona at the point. She's been manipulated for years (RWT, so much longer in DWT) and it's all becoming apparent now. She's had a huge responsibility thrust upon her and she got stabbed by her ex-lover all in a short time frame. I'd wanna have a little temper tantrum too. Very Happy

As for the Lia is bi OMFG debate it doesn't seem to me like Fi is holding a grudge on that -- more likely just something else to process that she never had time to. Keep in mind she still tried to save Lia before all the stab-n-run mess started.

I think a few minutes to breath and she'll be (a mess) but functional. As for if I'd like to see Fi and Lia get back together after all of this.... maybe. It depends on how Lia deals with having stabbed Fi after (if?) she gets her concious back.

Just sayin'

497CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jun 02, 2010 8:24 pm

after all

after all

@cmacmac: That is a really good point. If Fi hasn't known many bisexuals, she might think that she can't completely satisfy someone who likes men too. It might not be so much "ewwww Lia likes the cock, gross gross gross" as much as not feeling like she can compete with guys.

Looking back to the page of stabbity, I'm wondering if Fi is still in love with Lia at all. She's a good person and she still wants to get Lia out of this situation, but look at how she tries to talk Lia out of stabbing her. "Don't do it, your conscience will catch up eventually." Not, "Don't do it, it's me, Fiona, and I love you" or "You really don't want to do this, you love me, remember?" I'd think appealing to the part of Lia that likes being around Fiona would make more sense than appealing to the part of her that cares about the consequences of what she's doing, but... Fi isn't doing that. And I wonder why.

498CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:16 am

Megabyte

after all wrote:@cmacmac: That is a really good point. If Fi hasn't known many bisexuals, she might think that she can't completely satisfy someone who likes men too. It might not be so much "ewwww Lia likes the cock, gross gross gross" as much as not feeling like she can compete with guys.

Looking back to the page of stabbity, I'm wondering if Fi is still in love with Lia at all. She's a good person and she still wants to get Lia out of this situation, but look at how she tries to talk Lia out of stabbing her. "Don't do it, your conscience will catch up eventually." Not, "Don't do it, it's me, Fiona, and I love you" or "You really don't want to do this, you love me, remember?" I'd think appealing to the part of Lia that likes being around Fiona would make more sense than appealing to the part of her that cares about the consequences of what she's doing, but... Fi isn't doing that. And I wonder why.

You nailed it.

499CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:27 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Mary just becomes more and more awesome with each page. <3

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

500CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 20 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:47 am

adam

after all wrote:@cmacmac: That is a really good point. If Fi hasn't known many bisexuals, she might think that she can't completely satisfy someone who likes men too. It might not be so much "ewwww Lia likes the cock, gross gross gross" as much as not feeling like she can compete with guys.

I may be alone here but I got an impression back in Part One Fi might have issues with men, especially after the revelations about her father. That would make Don an exception, but that's just how I saw things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 20 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 24 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum