YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 28]

451CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 12:06 am

Lady Fury

...and so she was queen for one page before Lia stabbed her.

I really cannot see Lia becoming queen of the dream world. I could imagine her bringing nothing but nightmares since she could abuse that kind of power.

Then again, I doubt Fiona would die that easy.

452CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 12:13 am

after all

after all

Wait, what?

WHAT?

453CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 12:17 am

yumiko27

Oh, Mara, let me count the ways that I hate thee...
I actually feel more sorry for Lia than Fiona right now. Just imagine how bad she's going to feel once she gets back her conscience. I mean, sure, Fi probably isn't going to die from this but she still tried to kill her. Sadako said that Mara is "weak", so if she couldn't kill her, then I doubt she can kill Fiona. Also, yesterday's page got me thinking...Remember in page 795 when it said that Sadako didn't think she was capable of being loved? Well, she was wrong about that. Yesterday's page proved Clandy loved her unconditionally. Maybe it wasn't the kind she wanted, but it was still a form of love.

454CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 12:54 am

Pinkachu

I don't think anyone has mentioned this before (but I could be wrong).

The King's swirly eye was in place of his left eye while Sadako's was in place of her right... now it's is in place of Fiona's left eye~

Any significance? Beats me; I just thought it was something interesting to share. Razz

455CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 1:14 am

Seria

Seria

Pinkachu wrote:I don't think anyone has mentioned this before (but I could be wrong).

The King's swirly eye was in place of his left eye while Sadako's was in place of her right... now it's is in place of Fiona's left eye~

Any significance? Beats me; I just thought it was something interesting to share. Razz

I noticed that, too. Somehow I'm not thinking there's much in the way of significance, aside from it just transferring? ...It just seems like a mirror kinda thing.

yumiko27 wrote:Oh, Mara, let me count the ways that I hate thee...
I actually feel more sorry for Lia than Fiona right now. Just imagine how bad she's going to feel once she gets back her conscience. I mean, sure, Fi probably isn't going to die from this but she still tried to kill her.
I wonder. Fi could be made weak because of this...

I really love Lia as a character, but Mara... Astounds me. I love the concept, but she is scary - perhaps moreso than No-Face. No-Face always presented this feeling of "oh crap," but if Lia can slip back into sociopathy so easily...

456CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 1:20 am

The.Nozomi

WHAT THE FLYING NAKED MOLERATS?! I just - guh. My mouth fell open at this one, I can't even explain the large sense of "WTF" flying through my brain right now. Multiple little wtf's.

457CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 1:38 am

teambates

I agree; I don't think she's dead, because we've seen queens get stabbed before, and they bled. The King's power transfer was offpanel, so the only actual scene we've seen involved light transfer.

The Mara thing makes perfect sense--I think Lia-as-Mara was always a loose cannon.

I wonder if Fi has to end up killing her?

458CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 2:04 am

RD

That would be so weird. I don't know how you respond to that. Fiona is probably understanding enough because she was without her conscience before and can sympathize- but being stabbed by the person you love has gotta suck. And, of course, the whole problem of what happens to Lia after she gets her conscience back. This is going to be an interesting ending no matter what happens.

Katisanse wrote:I think any hope of Fiona passing on the throne (hopefully to Don, right?) peacefully without having to be killed is out the window. After all, wouldn't the king or Sadako have passed it on without having to be murdered if they could have? Cause once they were no longer ruler Nod would let them kill themselves. At least in the King's case, why would he expose someone else to the trauma of murder if they didn't have to? He at least seemed like a good guy.
Sadako seems like a nice girl until she shows her psycho-brat side, and she's gotten pretty good at knowing who and how to show it. She even ends with an apology to Fiona. For all we know, the king was as twisted psychologically as Sadako was, we just didn't see it.

We haven't seen a ruler who wanted to give up power- just rulers who wanted to give up life. For all we know, they might have specifically not wanted to give up power while they still lived.
If Fiona chooses not to rule, seeing as she's so young, I highly doubt she'll want to die, so she might be the one to find a way. Maybe that's the thing- the ruler of Nod can get pretty much whatever they want. If you want to die, but don't necessarily wnat to give up ruling, you'll only be able to get a way to die. If you want to live but give up ruling but don't want to die, that's what you'll be able to do.

459CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 2:16 am

sticarus

The Mara is the most bad-ass chick ever. I love her Joan Jett-esque jumper outfit.

The Mara makes Jack Bauer cry.
She's the reason Waldo is hiding.
She makes balloon animals out of intestines.
She makes you watch while she sucks one of your eyeballs out and then chews it up and spits it back in your vacant ocular cavity.
The Mara is so scary, Kim Jung Il checks his closet for her before he goes to bed at night.
When the Mara does pushups, she's actually pushing the world into the path of an asteroid, everyone seek shelter!

She's one hardcore mofo.

I heart Mara.

Not that I'm down with stabbing Fi, I love Fi too. Honestly though? Mara's awesome.

460CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 2:40 am

after all

after all

Seria wrote:I really love Lia as a character, but Mara... Astounds me. I love the concept, but she is scary - perhaps moreso than No-Face. No-Face always presented this feeling of "oh crap," but if Lia can slip back into sociopathy so easily...

Yeah... as much as I like Lia, I'm not sure if it's the right thing to do to let her roam around in society freely. She's a good person when she's Lia, but when she's Mara, she is the scariest thing out there. I mean, No-Face seemed to enjoy hurting people, but Mara takes that up to 11, what with the pages of her killing people and rolling around in the blood and stuff. And if it's so easy for somebody else to trigger her into becoming Mara again... I really don't consider this her fault, but at the same time I don't think it's safe for everyone else to let her be out there.

I suppose this is a complicated moral issue!

461CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 4:31 am

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

Shocked ...i...i dont know what to say to that page...I'm...just stunned..*flops on floor* i've no idea how this can possibly end well

462CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 6:16 am

Pahana

Pahana

Im just guessing here that Mara tried to kill Fiona and now jumped out of the window to die aswell, she said 'joining me' and well... baby join me in deeaath, rings a bell Shocked but dunno things are unpredictable in this issue.

463CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 6:59 am

Megabyte

But the thing is, Lia's conscience was forcefully removed from her... twice.

464CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 8:49 am

Michael

Oh crap.

It was implied that Lia killed someone to revert to Mara.

What if they can't find her conscience anymore?

(Would Fi look good with an eyepatch?)

465CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri May 28, 2010 9:37 pm

Kugai

Kugai

I think Fi's just wounded at this point,(but I could be wrong) and is going to have to destroy Mara.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

466CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty So what happens when she wakes up? Sat May 29, 2010 8:58 pm

Andrea_44

Andrea_44

Fiona's body is still alive. The search for Lia and the thing with Sadako has been keeping her entrenched in the Dream World for a long time, but now that that's over and she's suddenly stuck as a "ruler," I could see her waking up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HK5AI6Lt_o

467CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat May 29, 2010 10:54 pm

Katisanse

teambates wrote:I agree; I don't think she's dead, because we've seen queens get stabbed before, and they bled. The King's power transfer was offpanel, so the only actual scene we've seen involved light transfer.

The Mara thing makes perfect sense--I think Lia-as-Mara was always a loose cannon.

I wonder if Fi has to end up killing her?

I totally called that. I am dreading it, but I really think Fi might have to kill Mara. My real fear is that the person Lia was forced to kill to become Mara was her conscience . . . then there isn't any hope of getting her back.

468CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun May 30, 2010 6:10 am

after all

after all

Megabyte wrote:But the thing is, Lia's conscience was forcefully removed from her... twice.

Yes, and it really wasn't her fault either time, and the first time, she obviously didn't know what was going on or what she'd become if she lost her conscience. But the second time, Lia knew she'd become the Mara if she lost her conscience, and she must have been fighting tooth and nail to keep her conscience with her (unless it was some kind of situation where Fiona was being held hostage until Lia killed somebody). And also, even if Lia is a super nice person who'd never do that, it's still a lot of power to trust with someone, because she still could become the Mara at any time.

It's pretty much like Lia has a bomb. Even if she's not the type to indiscriminately explode people, it's dangerous for her to have that bomb. Somebody else could easily steal it and set it off without Lia's permission, and it's still possible that Lia herself COULD set it off.

Of course, it's still a moot point if Lia's killed her conscience and can't be unMarafied. Which I really hope didn't happen, but I sort of think it did.

469CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun May 30, 2010 9:45 am

Kaleidoscopic

Fiona won't die because Mara stabbed her.
Mara stabbed Sadako, who was weaker mentally than Fi, and Sadako didn't die.
Fiona's mind and body is still well and truly alive - I just want to see how she feels about being stabbed.

Patience, Patience.

470CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 31, 2010 12:09 am

Lady Fury

Um... shouldn't someone like pull that sword out of her chest before asking she's alright? I mean come on! She was freaking stabbed straight in the heart and the first thing you ask is if she's okay?

Creepy part is her eyes are falling shut. Will she wake up or fall asleep in her own personal dream?

And about time Don does something useful instead of being some random background character like he had been recently.

471CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 31, 2010 1:43 am

Name?

Lady Fury wrote:Um... shouldn't someone like pull that sword out of her chest before asking she's alright? I mean come on! She was freaking stabbed straight in the heart and the first thing you ask is if she's okay?

Well if you pull something that impaled somebody out, it can just tear everything up worse... But I guess in the Dream World, things are a little wonky. Sometimes (like now) you might be okay after getting stabbed in the heart by a big-ass sword.

What I'm still a little confused about is.. well, something just seems missing from 816 to 817. Why did Maria (Mara+Lia heheh) start to cut up Fi in the first place? Even without a conscience, wouldn't love stop her from.. trying to kill/hurt the person she loved? Even if that isn't the case..
What the hell made her want to stab Fi? I guess for kicks...
D: Not knowing is confusing.

472CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 31, 2010 2:15 am

Megabyte

Mara is the closest character that matches a true psychopath in this story...(Sadako was only cruel to certain people and she was able to love in her on selfish way). So, Mara probably did that because it felt fun.

Weird, isn't it? But that's how it is.

473CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 31, 2010 3:40 am

after all

after all

Hmmm. I'm wondering if Fiona is just done with all of this. Not really what I expected in terms of storytelling tropes, but it's realistic-- even if there are loose ends sometimes a person needs to let go just to preserve their own sanity.

474CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 31, 2010 11:37 pm

daneyb

did anyone else notice Fiona's hair floating upwards, like Sadako's?

I don't think Nod's going to allow Fiona the choice to reject the throne.

475CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 19 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:09 am

Lady Fury

Wow... I didn't know Fiona's being so negative on this page after what transpired. I know love hurts, but dang. She's kind of giving up on something so beautiful; something she needs to keep her stable.

Maybe it's because she was betrayed by someone who went insane, but still, Mary slapping her should get her out of this slump so she can save her again.

Please, please, please snap out of it Fiona and go after her! I'm sure if she was her normal self, she'd feel guilt for all that she's done to you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum