YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 18 of 28]

426CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 10:05 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Sporadic wrote:
purplefreak wrote:So I guess no one else noticed the sword is different in the second panel? there is an extra blade now, like a simatar like blade running along side the handle. SUP with that????? Question

I was wondering about that - but another look tells me it's her tie.

Yep, it's her tie. I forgot to color it darker.

http://rosalarian.com

427CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 4:38 pm

teldar

Oh yeah, put that sword in. Put that sword in deep.cherry
I kind of expected more exposition in the moments before this like "I'm sorry too," or "It's time to pay the piper." One liner kills FTW!

428CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 7:39 pm

purplefreak

purplefreak

Megan Rose wrote:
Sporadic wrote:
purplefreak wrote:So I guess no one else noticed the sword is different in the second panel? there is an extra blade now, like a simatar like blade running along side the handle. SUP with that????? Question

I was wondering about that - but another look tells me it's her tie.

Yep, it's her tie. I forgot to color it darker.

Oh oops, see closer inspection on my part would have revealed that. My bad Megan, still a wonderful panel none the less!

429CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 7:48 pm

teambates

Somnimiles wrote:I think that this song is the perfect background music for today's page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mszhhIC2lQQ

I think of the score for the tenth doctor regeneration scene, myself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQrd44v7Q6w&feature=related

Or maybe that's just the "I'm sorry, I'm so so sorry."

430CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 8:49 pm

Joamette

Joamette

Oh man... the climactic panel filled my eyes just as this song was ending, and it made everything amazing. x3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdZn7k5rZLQ

http://joamette.deviantart.com/

431CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 11:56 pm

Seria

Seria

Aaah. Man, I pretty much registered because... Well. Dang.

Yeah. Good stuff.

I'm particularly enamored with how the first panel of this page (815) mirrors the second panel of 776. Nice work~. (I really love how Sadako manages to look old and tired, but still youthful and naïve at the same time, too!)

Last edited by Seria on Thu May 27, 2010 3:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

432CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed May 26, 2010 12:32 am

Katisanse

yikes. I am still in awe that she actually did it.
I keep reloading since it is getting close to midnight, but then I realized tomorrow is Wednesday, I have to wait!

So now the question is: When Don is talking about her leaving and him not being able to blame her is her talking about Fiona being killed, like Sadako and the king of Nod at the end of her reign? If that's the case, then Fiona never goes back to the real world. She gets to stay in the dream world, possibly with Lia. But I could have sworn Megan said the ending was sad. I can't remember if it was on lj, or in the forum or on formspring. But I could have sworn. . .
Are we sure this worked? After all Lia/Mara ran her through with a sword and it came out clean.
Or, even worse, something happens to Lia since she is in her Mara form now, she tries to kill Fiona or somehow dies?
I just can't stop thinking of ways for things to go wrong.

433CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed May 26, 2010 2:26 am

sticarus

This page is a pretty interesting look into Fiona's mindset right now. Killing someone takes a lot, and it's not like she's pulling a trigger or telling someone else to do it, she's shoving a sword into her chest. I own swords, I've been stabbed in the leg with a sword, I've dealt with sword wounds. They don't just slide in gracefully like in a movie, that is a seriously forceful blow to pierce someone's chest. I'd love to see into Fi's mind.

Is she still feeling malice, or is this the mercy killing Clandy asked of her? What are the repercussions of this on Fiona mentally and emotionally? Now that the deed is done, does it really matter? Does Sadako even deserve a mercy killing? She sent her conscience away, she brought all this on herself. Still, a death is a death. Murder, assisted suicide, execution, it's still got to weigh on the heart.

434CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed May 26, 2010 3:24 am

after all

after all

Damn you, lack of Wednesday updates. D:

Looking at this page again, the sword angle looks kind of funny. It looks like Fiona is pushing the sword down Sadako's front instead of stabbing it into her chest, or maybe that she's pulling a sword out of Sadako, Utena-style.

Okay, it's probably just stylized, but I'm clinging to a faint hope here that Sadako doesn't die. I don't know why, but over the last couple of weeks I've started to like her quite a bit. Sadako and Fiona seem a lot alike, and if Fiona had all that power when she was as alone as Sadako was, then the same kind of thing could have easily happened to her. I think they'd actually be really good friends if they met under different circumstances. I am tempted to write an epic-length Sadako/Fiona AU fanfiction, but I doubt anyone would read it.

uhhh, yeah. Update plz?

435CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed May 26, 2010 8:01 pm

Ana

after all wrote:I am tempted to write an epic-length Sadako/Fiona AU fanfiction, but I doubt anyone would read it.

I would. Start to read it, at least, then if it falls on the 10% side of Sturgeon's Law I would keep reading it and give you a compliment afetr reading it.

My alternate universe ideia was if Sadako hadn't died at that accident. I imagine Ellie concerned, apologising for what the man did; allowing Sadako to get closer out of guilt, and Sadako catering to her every whim out of obssession - in the real world she was very shy and submissive after all - playing a role much in the likes of this, or even becoming so. But I was happy enough picturing it in my mind, I guess.

436CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 12:04 am

Teya

...There are no words to express the grim feelings I feel at seeing this page. This is not going to end well...

437CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 12:13 am

Lady Fury

This is really getting interesting. As the new queen, will she be able to handle the responsibility or go insane?

I do feel sorry for Clandy though, but I know after spending a lot of time wandering away from Sadako, she's got to be exhausted. That was a beautiful final scene of her fading from the dream realm. I really love the peaceful expression on her face in the fourth panel.

438CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 12:40 am

yumiko27

Hmm...So, Sadako's powers got passed on to Fiona. I have some doubts though. I mean, is she dead now because of that? Does she have to die in order to fulfill her duties as the queen? We all know now that the people of Nod are real in the YU+ME universe, so it wouldn't be right for her to abandon her subjects like that. Or does she relinquish control of her crown over to Don someone more suitable? That said...Can she? Or does she have to die in order for this to occur? Suspect

439CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 1:08 am

Roses Ablaze

So when Don said she left, does that mean Fi dies?

440CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 1:26 am

The.Nozomi

Has it been stated one NEEDS to be dead in order to rule? If it has, I can't remember... Then again, my memory is akin to a goldfish. Maybe by 'left' Don meant she forced herself back into conciousness, lived her life, and intends to come back to actually RULE rule once she's dead?

Murf. I hope Fi doesn't die. She needs a happily ever after. Would the dream world be that? Sadako thought it would be, once.

441CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 2:04 am

Skeiphes

yumiko27 wrote:Hmm...So, Sadako's powers got passed on to Fiona. I have some doubts though. I mean, is she dead now because of that? Does she have to die in order to fulfill her duties as the queen? We all know now that the people of Nod are real in the YU+ME universe, so it wouldn't be right for her to abandon her subjects like that. Or does she relinquish control of her crown over to Don someone more suitable? That said...Can she? Or does she have to die in order for this to occur? Suspect

It would certainly make for an interesting twist to the story, if Fiona would be able to relinquish control of Nod over to Don/someone else. If the her ability to do/create ANYTHING within Nod extends to her ability to pass on [the eye], then one would think she could do so with her rule over Nod as well. Didn't Sadako offer Fiona the chance to return to the normal world with Lia? Maybe she knew something that Fiona doesn't, and left her to figure out how to return to the waking world on her own.

442CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 2:44 am

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

...well, my theories go out the window Sad

443CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 2:49 am

Megabyte

So Clandestine knew all along that Fiona would become Queen by killing Sadako, and she was selfish. She wanted to die together with Sadako because she was tired and didn't tell Fiona what would happen to her beforehand.

Fiona didn't die in the real world. Does that mean she is dead there now? Is she alive but trapped? Can she go back and forth?

Also, when Sadako died so did Clandestine. When Fiona nearly died Mary almost "lost her job". We see that when Clandestine died she was holding Sadako, saying "she was tired". Does mean that Clandestine needed Sadako to die, and not the other way around?

444CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 2:55 am

Megabyte

I also think the lesson here is somewhat bitter: it was because of revenge, after all, (even if that turned out into mercy later on) that Fiona got trapped.

445CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 4:00 am

Michael

CLANDY!!!!!!

That is all.

446CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 5:26 am

maymay

maymay

...Clandy dies Crying or Very sad
Now it doesn't matter for me whether Fi rules, or Don rules, or Fi dies, or the Baku dies, Clandy died! No I hope the ending will be at least semi-happy for my second favourite, Mary, or I'll be manicly depressed for about two months after it ends.

http://mayflycrow.deviantart.com/

447CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 12:19 pm

carl-E

carl-E

I think Clandy was only able to go with Sadako because she was reconnected with her (the eye flash in 813). Mary was "nearly fired", and had she been so, would not have died with Fi, but would have been "reassigned".

Or found work elsewhere - like in a diner. Rolling Eyes

But the whole transfer of power thing does raise a lot of questions for the next 2 weeks! This was definitely not what Fi had in mind!

448CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 7:22 pm

after all

after all

Has anyone here ever read the manga Magic Knight Rayearth? (tons of spoilers for it in this post, if you haven't read it already).

Basically, the protagonists think they're on a quest to rescue the magical ruler of a magical world-- sort of like a Sadako, but less corrupt. She could pretty much make anything happen that she wanted, but she had to spend every waking moment taking care of the world and had no time to have her own life. This got even worse when she fell in love, and couldn't be thinking of the world all the time. Eventually, she decided to bring the protagonists there to fix this-- not by rescuing her, but by killing her, because people from another world were the only people who could.

Eventually, the protagonists realized that this was too much of a burden to place on one person, and when one of them became the ruler, she decided to split the power up between everyone in the world so that no one person had to take care of everyone else.

This sort of reminds me of the way YU+ME's been going lately. I wonder if Megan was inspired by MKR?

449CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 11:08 pm

sticarus

CLANDYYYYY NOOOOOOOO.

Now that that's out of the way.

I'm really glad the eye magic'd it's way into Fi's eye-socket. I kept having this really gross (yet equally awesome) image of her having to rip her eye out and physically insert it in herself.

NOOOOOO, CLANDDDDDYYYYYYY.

450CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 18 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Katisanse

I think any hope of Fiona passing on the throne (hopefully to Don, right?) peacefully without having to be killed is out the window. After all, wouldn't the king or Sadako have passed it on without having to be murdered if they could have? Cause once they were no longer ruler Nod would let them kill themselves. At least in the King's case, why would he expose someone else to the trauma of murder if they didn't have to? He at least seemed like a good guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 18 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum