YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 28]

176CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:07 am

Siubh

Um, from what we've seen, I think it's pretty clear that Sadako intended Fi to fall for Lia. The 'revisions' were there to keep people from guessing that was her plan - to make it look like she was playing catch up.

I'm betting she had most of it written before it ever started, and only made minor revisions to respond to specific things Fiona did.

177CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Siubh wrote:Um, from what we've seen, I think it's pretty clear that Sadako intended Fi to fall for Lia. The 'revisions' were there to keep people from guessing that was her plan - to make it look like she was playing catch up.

I'm betting she had most of it written before it ever started, and only made minor revisions to respond to specific things Fiona did.

This is basically what I was going to reply with.

On top of it though....you have to remember that Lia KNEW that Sadako had picked her to act (here and here). Her Conscience is like, "DUDE, SUSPICIOUS!" in response to the first script (see the second link), even though at this point, it appears as though she's only supposed to be friends with Fi. If the acting gig had been billed as "You WILL fall in love with Fi," Lia would have likely been rebellious and chosen death (see the first link) over acting in some weird mind game (and by that I mean, Lia didn't fall in love with Sadako, so it's really creepy that Sadako is basically setting Lia up as the love interest to someone else).

By making it appear as though Lia was choosing Fi of her own free will, Lia was more distracted with trying to make sure other people (but especially Sadako) didn't know about what was going on because she THOUGHT she was deviating from the original plan (plus probably THOUGHT if Sadako knew, Sadako would get jealous and take Fi away from her). This also kept Lia from noticing how suspicious things were (like when her Conscience has a change of heart regarding being with Fi). She didn't realize until it was too late that people knew about her and Fi and that the Script had changed multiple times as they deviated from the Script.

Last edited by freakingdork on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added a few links and some extra thoughts)

178CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:19 pm

carl-E

carl-E

OK, I can accept that she's an even more incredible chessmaster than she seems. But still, the only thing that really makes sense if she's that good (in complete control of everything) is that she wins by losing. That is, her plan is to have someone kill her and take over Nod. That seems to be the consensus, at least. We could be wrong...

So is she really evil? No, but manipulative is certainly fitting.

The problem, I feel, is that things won't go her way; and even if they don't, she'll probably still win (by losing), because it's also what our characters want.

Damn, now I don't really care - either way, it's going to be spectacular! Shocked

179CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Dgcakes

Aw, you're so cute, Sadako -hug- For being horribly old, kinda evil, and supremely manipulative, I can't help but love her and want to give her snuggles.

180CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:48 pm

Katisanse

I would bet down cash money that the next page says "everything except . . ." We need to relax on the "sadako planned for everything" backlash. Remember we are getting this one page at a time.

What I am wondering is how Sadako knew Fiona was going to go into a coma? Unless she planned that too, but if that is the case how did she arrange that? This plan definitely wouldn't have worked in a series of short normal dreams. Fi had to be in a situation where she didn't know she was in a dream otherwise she would wake up, know it was a dream and shake it off after every little development.

181CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Dear MeganRose, Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Mercury

Mercury

I love you for writing such a beautiful story! I know it's not even over yet, but it is SO REFRESHING to read something about lesbians that is truly romantic, and yet the romance is not the main part of the story. I especially love this page's panel 7 (8?) with Lia and Fiona, and Fi's happy love grin.

I don't want this story to EVER end, but at the same time I can't wait for other stories you'll be writing after.

*squees with happiness*

182CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:26 am

Dgcakes

Narrator Don needs a new hairstyle soon XDDD -shot- HE HAS HAD THIS ONE FOR MANY PAGES, IT CANNOT BE! -dork- I love him waaaaay more than I should. XDDD

183CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 am

sticarus

DUMDUMDUMMMMMM

This is it.

I'm only half ready. The other half of me is screaming for everything to just slow down!

Life is CRAZY, the past several years have been hectic and intense, but trough it ALL I've had this comic. I feel this weird sense of pride seeing it at this point. "Look at how far you've come, little one." I'll never cease to be amazed at how incredible the story and art turned out. I remember a friend of mine saying "You should read this comic, blah, it's cute." and though we don't talk much anymore, if something particularly intense happens, we call each other freaking out.

I guess it's finally starting to dawn on me, things are coming to a close, and fast. I'm going to be sad to see this all end. At the same time, Megan has such incredible potential, and the closing of this story opens up room for new projects.

This last chapter is going to be amazing, I can feel it. Bring it on. Very Happy

184CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:03 am

Pahana

Pahana

Noooooo i hoped for more characterstorys Sad i wanted to see don's and clandys and...sniff. i hope you will make a sequal XD lol

185CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:14 am

carl-E

carl-E

The final chapter.

squeeee....

Crying or Very sad

Last edited by carl-E on Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

186CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Michael

So, Sadako knew about the book and was able to influence the waking world enough to get a copy put in Fi's way...

187CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:46 pm

carl-E

carl-E

See, that's the kind of thing that I'm just not buyin.

Sadako did know that by banishing Fi from DW and keeping her from her first/true love, that Fi would find a way back in at all costs. And would come back hating Sadako, ready for a kill.

After all, it's Sadako, she's manipulative that way.

But I think the book was just a bit of synchronicity. Some good storytelling and foreshadowing, too. I'm not sure Sadako even knew about the book unless Lia told her when she was impersonating George.

Even if she did know, she would need real world agents to ensure something like that. I just don't think her omnipotence extends that far!

Disclaimer: The opinions of the poster are subject to change on a weekdaily basis...

188CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:54 pm

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

I bet if Sadako reeeeeeally wanted to extend influence over the waking world, she could just pop into the heads of a few really superstitious people and tell them to do stuff. I'm not sayin' she necessarily did any of that in this story, just that she probably could. In general.

Anyway, yeah, synchronicity is probably the key here. Sadako had Fi locked out because she wanted her to think they were "putting up a fight". She knew Fi would try to get back in at all costs, and she was probably just waiting for the right moment to let her back in.

Anyway, guys...

THE FINAL CHAPTER!!!!

DUN DUN DUUUUUNNNN

189CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:40 pm

Kugai

Kugai

Damn Vorlons

Very Happy

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

190CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:01 pm

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

OMG you guys.
I've been rereading...
Did anybody notice this?
I know we all knew about him having the book, so maybe you'll all be like, "well DURR emilie", but...
Don is in the foyer.

191CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 7:29 pm

Michael

If Sadako wanted to make you do her bidding, your conscience is already her bitch.

So to me it seems reasonable she might be able to get information on the real world and even exert small amounts of influence.

192CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:04 pm

Emeryth

Uis Elveti wrote:OMG you guys.
I've been rereading...
Did anybody notice this?
I know we all knew about him having the book, so maybe you'll all be like, "well DURR emilie", but...
Don is in the foyer.

Maybe it is something I've missed...

Have we seen the foyer before?

193CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:26 pm

carl-E

carl-E

It's the main foyer in DreamWorld (Nod). You know, the one with all the doors along it that lead into each dreamspace. It's where Fi and Mary caught the bus before meeting Clandi.

194CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:31 pm

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

Emeryth wrote:
I've been rereading...
Did anybody notice this?
Don is in the foyer.

Of course! The foyer is the hall with all the doors to everyone's dreamspace. Fiona ends up there after she escapes her own dreamspace, and it's where Sadako and Lia go when they leave Lia's dreamspace. (That last page is also why I'm calling it "the foyer".)

Unless, of course, I'm totally wrong and Don is in a different hall. On looking at them again, the ceiling in his page is different than the one in Sadako/Lia/Fiona's pages.

195CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:04 am

Emeryth

Uis Elveti wrote:
Emeryth wrote:
I've been rereading...
Did anybody notice this?
Don is in the foyer.

Of course! The foyer is the hall with all the doors to everyone's dreamspace. Fiona ends up there after she escapes her own dreamspace, and it's where Sadako and Lia go when they leave Lia's dreamspace. (That last page is also why I'm calling it "the foyer".)

Unless, of course, I'm totally wrong and Don is in a different hall. On looking at them again, the ceiling in his page is different than the one in Sadako/Lia/Fiona's pages.

Ah, I see it now! I just finished rereading the comic and caught onto that (:

I think what had me confused was calling it the foyer - I'd never thought of it like that before.

196CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:28 am

grim

grim

Now the word "foyer" looks weird.

Maybe Sadako triggered the coma by locking Fiona out of the Dreamworld in the first place. Wasn't she an insomniac before the suicide attempt, or am I making things up? She could have been inspired by Ellie's own suicide.

But then I guess there's no way to know whether or not Fi would have died...there are a lot of loose ends running around here, it seems very coincidental.

HOWEVER I am willing to ignore them in favor of a good story. I've always been a suspension of disbelief kind of person when it comes to things I find interesting.

197CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:43 am

Baku

Baku wrote:
The scene in which Sadako kills the King reminds me of a folk tale about a ferryman who was doomed to perform his job eternally, unless he could give his oar to his next passenger and jump out of the boat. Perhaps Sadako should have thought twice about a job whose occupant was so eager to retire from that he would die to do it.

Panel 791 shows that I was right! Smile

What I like about this story is that the antagonist is more tragic than evil. It's easy to write a story in which the antagonist is simply a vile evildoer whom everybody wants to see get what is coming to him/her, but harder to write one in which the antagonist is partly a victim of circumstance.

Last edited by Baku on Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Addition)

198CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:06 am

Name?

Baku wrote:
It's easy to write a story in which the antagonist is simply a vile evildoer whom everybody wants to see get what is coming to him/her, but harder to write one in which the antagonist is partly a victim of circumstance.

Every time, Sadako just seems to manage to do something that makes me cringe. "Oh, Sadako, not again!"

What's sad that she's really been so.. almost naive in her pursuits. Foolish on several counts.
She was caught in an emotionally undeveloped state and given the key to a magical world, which led to her death. And Dreamworlders and Dreamers don't respond the same way to the Dream World. Maybe when she died, Sadako completely lost the ability to mature.

199CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:29 pm

Emeryth

Huh. Remember the bird ladies from this page?

Well, look closely at the house's roof on Page 667

Strange. Maybe this has been noticed before, and I just haven't seen the post, but.. still. It's like they were waiting.

200CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 8 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:53 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Emeryth wrote:Huh. Remember the bird ladies from this page?

Well, look closely at the house's roof on Page 667

Strange. Maybe this has been noticed before, and I just haven't seen the post, but.. still. It's like they were waiting.

It was pointed out before, but it's fun to notice little details and I'm sure other people didn't see the post as well (and it's been moved to an inactive thread as this one was getting too large), so you posting helps them out too. :-)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum