YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 21 of 40]

501CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:47 am

Megabyte

There is something strange about Lucy's character. She wants to overthrow Sadako, but seems genuinely surprised that the queen wants to talk to her.

502CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:20 pm

Kugai

Kugai

Lying asshole that Noface eh?

I wonder if Lucy will eventually realise that.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

503CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 am

carl-E

carl-E

I'm pretty sure that's why she was crying!

504CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:49 am

Kugai

Kugai

Yeah, most probably.

505CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:20 pm

vgaer

sticarus wrote:No-Face has a sort of evil charm, like...the Gentlemen...or a lawyer.

I always thought he looked like the Gentlemen! Creeped me the hell out when I first saw him...

Update - The last panel explains absolutely everything and removes all question from my mind of whether I should now call Lucy a traitor.

506CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:06 am

Hiraku

Oh man!
Lucy's gonna sell out!

THAT's why she was crying isn't it? Shocked

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

507CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:36 am

vgaer

Today's page makes me want to cry... poor Lucy.

508CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:39 am

Hiraku

Well, I'm wondering more about whether I should be angry at her for what she's doing or cry with her for what she's doing.

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

509CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:41 am

vgaer

I'm crying. I'm never angry at people in these situations, though. It just makes me sad because of how exploited they are. She's in a very lonely situation.

510CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:47 am

sticarus

NO-FACE YOU SCHEMING BASTARD! YOU LEAVE POOR LUCY ALONE!

Man...What a jerk.

511CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:39 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Sad Man that's just low....give them up or they die when we find them....how low can you go? Pretty damn low...damn that Sadako!!!!

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

512CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:02 pm

Siubh

I expect it gets lower.

Maybe Lucy was crying not because she was ashamed of betraying Fi - after all, she barely knew Fiona, and it was a choice of that or seeing her friends dead.

What if No Face came back with news that they had, indeed, been executed as traitors, and that 1) they went to their deaths knowing that Lucy betrayed them, and 2) there's evidence to that fact, meaning Lucy can't say anything to Fi or the others without them finding out she betrayed not only them, but also her friends in the DWLF.

513CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:25 pm

Kugai

Kugai

Frakin' Cylons.

514CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:40 pm

Eldan

Eldan

A random thought:
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned it (I'm going to read posts from today and yesterday tonight when I finish work):
what if all DWLF has already been arrested and everyone there is an actor now?

515CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:58 pm

Michael

I did suspect after this strip that maybe Lucy cried because the others had died.

Also, this is probably why they couldn't contact the other members.

516CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:47 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Wow, excellent point! Makes a lot more sense, too. She probably knew what really happened here (621). And then found out later that they weren't captured, but killed.

Lots of tears when you betray your friends.

517CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:41 am

Kugai

Kugai

I have some sympathy for Lucy.

I hope that somehow she manages to redeem herself.

Wonder if she knows Londo Mollari now.

518CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:01 am

vgaer

Today's page almost made me cry at school, damnit.

519CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:45 pm

Megabyte

I didn't understand Noface's last two lines. What are they really supposed to mean?

"Cross my heart... hope to die."

520CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:09 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Megabyte wrote:I didn't understand Noface's last two lines. What are they really supposed to mean?

"Cross my heart... hope to die."

Megabyte, I'm guessing you're not a native to the U.S. (I almost said "Native American", but that's a very different ball of wax).

The expression "cross my heart and hope to die" is an old one in this country, primarily used by small children when making a promise. It simply means that you'd rather die than break the promise.

Clearly, No-face is being ironic. He's rather eat your heart and make you die...

521CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Feb 10, 2010 4:59 pm

Megabyte

No, English is not my first language. Thanks for the tip.

522CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:17 am

WRochelle87

I was actually just thinking about the note megan put at the end of the comic about the "cross my heart hope to die" reference. I dont know whether she saw a bunch of posts about this in the forum or if it was there before- but i was just thinking about how it was cool of her to explain that for non-native english readers.

<~~~~~~~~~language geek

http://drunkduck.com/tsukikoneko

523CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:59 am

carl-E

carl-E

WRochelle87 wrote:I was actually just thinking about the note megan put at the end of the comic about the "cross my heart hope to die" reference. I dont know whether she saw a bunch of posts about this in the forum or if it was there before- but i was just thinking about how it was cool of her to explain that for non-native english readers.

Wasn't there this morning, when I saw it - otherwise, I would've referenced it to Megabyte rather than writing my own answer!

<~~~~~~~~~language geek

Yeah, me too.

524CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Wait a minute... Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:09 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

So the next day Fi is already in her house... wait was she already there when No-Face came to her to make the deal??? I'm a lil confused now, damn.. Question

525CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 21 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 11:54 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

purplefreak wrote:So the next day Fi is already in her house... wait was she already there when No-Face came to her to make the deal??? I'm a lil confused now, damn.. Question

No. Just skipping ahead. Do you really want Megan to go "day by day" for this part of the story?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 21 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum