YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 40]

526CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:23 pm

vgaer

It says "the next day."

527CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:30 pm

carl-E

carl-E

I don't think there's a continuity problem. No-face said "we'll steer her your way", and so she met Fi and Clandy the next day, while acting as a fairy princess in someone else's dream. They slept on her couch, then went and met the rest of the DWLF, including Don, and Fi was proclaimed "leader"...

It works.

528CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:48 pm

Siubh

Except that today's comic specifically says 'the next day'. So I would guess they led her to Fiona that afternoon. As I recall, it was afternoonish when Fi met Lucy.

529CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:45 pm

Louisa

Holy crap, I just noticed something.

In comic 513, after Fi and Clandy flee the trolly, Clandy leads Fi past several doors before taking her through the door that leads to the dream Lucy's working in.

She's in on it too Shocked

530CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:00 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

Yea that's why I asked, because it said "the next day". But thinking she met her the same day No Face talked to her makes sense, I was just blown away by the suddenness. I am no longer confoozled Very Happy

531CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:53 am

vgaer

Megan... STOP MAKING ME CRY!!!!

I don't mean that... please continue. I love stories that make me cry. God this arc is fantastic.

532CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:26 am

sticarus

With all of you as my witness, every party I have from this day forward, will have a huge "We Accomplished Something" banner.

Last edited by sticarus on Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:27 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mmmm... redundancy...)

533CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:21 pm

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Louisa wrote:Holy crap, I just noticed something.

In comic 513, after Fi and Clandy flee the trolly, Clandy leads Fi past several doors before taking her through the door that leads to the dream Lucy's working in.

She's in on it too Shocked

o.O I don't really think Clandy is in on it honestly because she seems too childlike and innocent for that....the very fact that they were being chase proves that Sadako has the power to make things happen (at least that is what I think). Clandy only has the best of intentions in my mind....idk if anyone else here will agree with me on that though....

Last edited by darkrose072687 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : (spelling errors >.<))

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

534CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:11 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

IDK bout Clandy having the best of intentions, because she seems a lil crazy to me. I'm also having this sneaking suspicion that she is George's conscience. Because she said her person died a looooong time ago, and well so did George. Anyone else think this??? I don't think Clandy is in on it, but she might not have the best intentions either.

535CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:23 pm

Michael

Clandy appears to have been strongly influenced by Sadako in the past...

536CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:50 pm

Celesity_Darkflame

I get the feeling I'm going cry sometime this week thanks to Megan. On the upside the second panel on page 739 is my favorite with Tarantula.

Sorry to derail the current train of thought.

537CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Feb 15, 2010 4:35 pm

carl-E

carl-E

purplefreak wrote:... I'm also having this sneaking suspicion that she is George's conscience. Because she said her person died a looooong time ago, and well so did George. Anyone else think this???

In 614 Clandy says she lost her person 135 years ago, too long for it to be George. But it coincides nicely with the time that Sadako took over dreamworld... Take a look at the other Clandy threads in the discussion, there was a LOT of speculation about who she was...

So it's pretty well accepted (w/o any confirmation from Megan) that she's Sadako's lost conscience. But like you, we're waiting for the strings to all be tied up in the end!

538CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Feb 15, 2010 5:08 pm

Kugai

Kugai

I think Lucy is just beginning to realise just what a devil's bargain she has made.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

539CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:19 am

Ariadne3

Ariadne3

Louisa wrote:In comic 513, after Fi and Clandy flee the trolly, Clandy leads Fi past several doors before taking her through the door that leads to the dream Lucy's working in.

That may well be. I just noticed something going back to look at 513 (my first reaction: NUH UH, seconded by ...Hmmm...) Megan has consistently drawn Clandy in a similar, somewhat distended version of the style that she drew Lia's pre-death dreams, kind of 40s-esque. There may be something to that. I agree that she's probably Sadako's conscience, but this may be another one of those things that has been drawn in as a clue all along that I'm just now consciously noting.

Past examples? "Hm, lookit Lucy's necklace, that's interesting."
"Oh, that's an interesting bird on the roof."

540CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:02 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

carl-E wrote:
purplefreak wrote:... I'm also having this sneaking suspicion that she is George's conscience. Because she said her person died a looooong time ago, and well so did George. Anyone else think this???

In 614 Clandy says she lost her person 135 years ago, too long for it to be George. But it coincides nicely with the time that Sadako took over dreamworld... Take a look at the other Clandy threads in the discussion, there was a LOT of speculation about who she was...

So it's pretty well accepted (w/o any confirmation from Megan) that she's Sadako's lost conscience. But like you, we're waiting for the strings to all be tied up in the end!

Ok, there is also the fact that dream world time is different from real world time. And if memory serves me well, at the bottom of that particular strip, Megan made a note of that fact. Hinting that 135 years could be dreamworld time. Still could be George's conscience. And where are we getting this idea that Sadako is a real world person who stayed in Dreamworld like Lia? I always assumed she was a Dreamworld person. That would mean she has no conscience since Lucy JUST said they don't have them in todays strip. That's my argument, do what you will with it Very Happy

541CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:49 am

Kaleidoscopic

Honestly, I do think Clandy is in on this whole thing.
On page 737, No Face says "We'll make sure Fiona... 'stumbles' into you"
And then on todays page, is Clandy really asleep? Or is she just delaying Lucy?
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

542CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:33 am

Megabyte

carl-E wrote:

purplefreak wrote: I'm also having this sneaking suspicion that she is George's conscience. Because she said her person died a looooong time ago, and well so did George. Anyone else think this???

Ok, there is also the fact that dream world time is different from real world time. And if memory serves me well, at the bottom of that particular strip, Megan made a note of that fact. Hinting that 135 years could be dreamworld time. Still could be George's conscience. And where are we getting this idea that Sadako is a real world person who stayed in Dreamworld like Lia? I always assumed she was a Dreamworld person. That would mean she has no conscience since Lucy JUST said they don't have them in todays strip. That's my argument, do what you will with it Very Happy

I think Clandestine makes it really clear that's real world time. Look at the last panels:

Mary: How long have you been away from yours [the person that needs Clandestine to work as his/her conscience]?

Clandestine: In real world time? 135 years.

543CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:35 am

Megabyte

Oh, and Megan, it was stated earlier that James had a special role in this story. What is it? Or did the plot change?

544CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 12:32 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Megabyte wrote:Oh, and Megan, it was stated earlier that James had a special role in this story. What is it? Or did the plot change?

Gee, I thought James had already fulfilled his "special role" in part 1 by blowing the whistle on Fi, making it easier for her to admit to herself just what she'd been feeling...

Of course, the story ain't over yet!

545CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:12 pm

Siubh

Sadako certainly seems to have powers beyond those of normal dream inhabitants. I think that's the primary reason we're assuming that.

546CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:40 pm

Mask

Mask

pg 741

I'd just like to say, that since it's night time I think the washed out colors actually work really well.

547CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:32 pm

Roses Ablaze

Is it possible that Clandy is playing along with Sadako's plans in hopes of winning back her favor?

548CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:31 pm

Ariadne3

Ariadne3

I agree with Mask, the washed out colors make the scene look very 'night-timey'.

549CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:59 pm

Dinru

Dinru

Roses Ablaze has a point. If Clandy really is Sadako's conscience, this could be her big chance to get back to her and talk some sense into her.

550CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Feb 16, 2010 9:33 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Dinru wrote:Roses Ablaze has a point. If Clandy really is Sadako's conscience, this could be her big chance to get back to her and talk some sense into her.

Talk sense? This is Clandy we're talking about here... although I guess it could happen.

I just get the idea that there will be some magical reuniting of Sadako and her conscience at some point, and a "talking to" won't be needed. After all, she'll suddenly see all the wrong she did for what it really was. if it doesn't drive her mad, it could do some good.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum