YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 40]

76CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:29 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

FlyingLemon wrote:Oh my.

Indeed.

77CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

freakingdork wrote:

Indeed.

Great Scott!

78CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:26 am

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

Somnimiles wrote:
freakingdork wrote:

Indeed.

Great Scott!
Good heavens!

79CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:23 am

Futch

Futch

Flyinglemon wrote:
Somnimiles wrote:
freakingdork wrote:

Indeed.

Great Scott!
Good heavens!

Quite.

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

80CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:47 am

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

WMG (wild mass guessing)
Is it possible that Lia was responsible for the final draft?

81CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:44 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Yes! I think I mentioned this in the cbox - the only way it makes sense is that Lia was doing all the rewrites to get the script to agree with her lines! That way, she could say what she wanted, and get around the original plot of Sarah falling in love with Fi. Lucy probably feels guilty because she know all along - playing Sarah, she was probably paid off by Lia, and has led Fi on this wild goose chase.

But the questions still stands - WHY?!?!?

BYW, it's less 1920's than it is 19-oughts; the book, poster and outfit are very art-nouveau. I loved the oxidation (darkening) on the folded cover, it looked so real. How'd you do that, Megan?

82CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:51 am

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

carl-E wrote:Yes! I think I mentioned this in the cbox - the only way it makes sense is that Lia was doing all the rewrites to get the script to agree with her lines! That way, she could say what she wanted, and get around the original plot of Sarah falling in love with Fi. Lucy probably feels guilty because she know all along - playing Sarah, she was probably paid off by Lia, and has led Fi on this wild goose chase.

But the questions still stands - WHY?!?!?

BYW, it's less 1920's than it is 19-oughts; the book, poster and outfit are very art-nouveau. I loved the oxidation (darkening) on the folded cover, it looked so real. How'd you do that, Megan?
When it comes to why, I think what happened is that Sadako was making revisions, and every time those revisions were submitted, Lia intercepted them, revised them HER way, and entered them as Sadako's revisions. True, Lia COULD have just done her own thing, and ad libbed it all, but why not use convenient revisions to help cover your tracks?

Oh, WHOA. 1941?

83CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:54 am

shocklance

shocklance

Holy.... I hate it when I'm right sometimes. The dream book was a major giveaway, though I was wrong about the decade. I'm betting that Lia is in a coma as well. Things are going to get more intresting, that goes without saying. One thing is for sure, if Fi wants to stay with Lia, she can't go back to the real world.

84CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:11 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Fi's in love with an octogenaaaaariiiiaaaaaan.

85CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:56 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Lia gave up everything to be with Sadako. Then Sadako dumps her but for some reason she can't go back (what happens if you die while in a coma?)

She works her way into Fi's dream and falls for her, and Fi falls for Lia. But Lia knows they can't stay together, or Fi will die/stay comatose forever. Doesn't want that for someone she loves.

I'm really hoping Lia convinces Fi to go back to the real world and find love. It sucks when you lose love, but that's part of life, and there's still love for you to find.

Doesn't make it any easier, though, and as I recall we're being told this story from Don's point of view...so maybe Fiona perfects the "waking dream"?

Just rambling, avoiding work, nothing to see here, move along... Arrow

86CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:30 pm

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

*Insert obligatory Time Lord theory here*

87CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:07 pm

Katisanse

carl-E wrote:Lia gave up everything to be with Sadako. Then Sadako dumps her but for some reason she can't go back (what happens if you die while in a coma?)

She works her way into Fi's dream and falls for her, and Fi falls for Lia. But Lia knows they can't stay together, or Fi will die/stay comatose forever. Doesn't want that for someone she loves.

I'm really hoping Lia convinces Fi to go back to the real world and find love. It sucks when you lose love, but that's part of life, and there's still love for you to find.

Doesn't make it any easier, though, and as I recall we're being told this story from Don's point of view...so maybe Fiona perfects the "waking dream"?

Just rambling, avoiding work, nothing to see here, move along... Arrow

I think you're probably right about Lia convinncing Fi to go back to the real world. Don says when he first starts narrating that she left and he can't really blame her. Well, if Lia died in a coma, she definitely can't go with her, so they have to end up parting. right?

and I was just thinking. Fi is real, it turns out that Lia is real. and if everyone thinking Clandy was Sadako's conscience is right, then Sadako is real. How did they all end up there? That is a whole lot of coma deaths!

88CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:41 pm

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Ooh! Maybe Lia found out she was a lesbian when WWII happened and the women had to take up the jobs and stuff she met someone.

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

89CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:38 am

Chuck_R

Chuck_R

Katisanse wrote:and I was just thinking. Fi is real, it turns out that Lia is real. and if everyone thinking Clandy was Sadako's conscience is right, then Sadako is real. How did they all end up there? That is a whole lot of coma deaths!

That's assuming Sadako is subject to the same rules as everyone else. But being in charge of it all, could she not flit between the dream world and the real world at will?

Flyinglemon wrote:*Insert obligatory Time Lord theory here*

"Oh, Lia. I am far more than just another dreamer!"

http://www.chuck-revel-guitars.cjb.net

90CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 20, 2009 5:22 pm

Gracefulfallen

Talking merely from a numbers perspective, lets assume that Lia somehow winds up in the Dream World 6 months to 1 year after she starts telling the story. That would make her about 18, beginning her senior year in higschool, and the year 1942. The US had officially declared war on Japan on December 8th, 1941, and on Germany and Italy on December 11th of the same year. So, at the beginning of Lia's senior year World War II had been going on (for the US at least) for around 9 months.

While (as Lia said) anti-Italian sentiments weren't as bad for the Italians as they were for Germans and the Japanese, it still was pretty nasty for them. Property seizure, internment camps, and violence comitted against Italian immigrants and Italian-Americans. You see where I'm going with this, maybe. Assuming Lia wound up the victim of one of these outbursts of violene, she could very well have wound up in a coma.

The implication (I'm assuming) of the last update is the one friend that Lia had was Sadako. So, going off of assumptions here, I think maybe either Lia was attacked as I said above, or things got so very bad that Lia wound up making an active choice to stay in the dream world. Either Sadako convinced her to do so, or Lia convicned Sadako to let her. Either way it was Lia's friendship with this Queen of the Dream World that let her stay.

So, assuming I'm right with the numbers and Lia went into the Dream World permanantly on or around December 7th of 1942, and the comic is currently in around the year of 2007/2008, then Lia's been in the Dream World for 66 of our years. Which makes it 927 YEARS for Lia. Cougar indeed!

(I used December 7th, 1942 and December 7th 2008 for my numbers.)

91CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Fi's in love with a milleeniaaaan!

92CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Gracefulfallen

In all seriousness though substitute "Sadako" with "Queen of the Faeries" and it reminds you a lot of the tales of young men and women bewitched by the charms and beauty of the faeries. They (Lia) are carried off, never to return to our world, forced to do the Faerie's bidding for all eternity.

I'm sure, however that I'm just making wild assumptions. Thus, in a similarly wild conjecture I propose this: Lia's first introduction to Fi, and the first 100 or so pages involving their interaction all involve Lia trying to teach Fiona her own self worth. She asks her why she'll stand up for other people in heartbeat, but never herself, and defends Fi against a number of people including Elizabeth, Sarah, the Nuns and the male bullies. At the same time, there is throughout part one that weird thing where the narrator-type character (which we later find out is Sadako's voice, when the font goes different) is saying things that seem sympathetic and innocent when you don't know who she is, but turn much darker and more sinister when you do. (IE "Poor Fiona, you can't even escape to your dreams now" and such).

I imagine it's a real possibility that Lia found out Sadako was trying to lure another young woman permanently into the dream world. Having already been through this, and knowing how much she hates it, I imagine Lia probably finally rebelled against Sadako and decided to help this person escape this. However, in the process she found herself falling in love with Fi.

Am I crazy? (I love wild theories.)

93CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:40 am

Louisa

Gracefulfallen wrote:At the same time, there is throughout part one that weird thing where the narrator-type character (which we later find out is Sadako's voice, when the font goes different

I hadn't previously realised that that font corresponded to Sadako. If it does, then the bottom of page 431 suddenly becomes a lot more interesting.

94CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:10 pm

Gracefulfallen

I recall reading somewhere (from Megan? maybe?) that it was originally intended to do that, but that M abandoned the idea later in the comic because she didn't think it was working out. (I might very well be making it up, because I read that somewhere close to a year and a half ago.) If it was true, and someone can confirm my faulty memory, then I imagine the first 200 pages or so that principle is true (or at least the sections where it seems like some omnipotent being is commenting upon the situation).

95CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:25 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Gracefulfallen wrote:I recall reading somewhere (from Megan? maybe?) that it was originally intended to do that, but that M abandoned the idea later in the comic because she didn't think it was working out. (I might very well be making it up, because I read that somewhere close to a year and a half ago.) If it was true, and someone can confirm my faulty memory, then I imagine the first 200 pages or so that principle is true (or at least the sections where it seems like some omnipotent being is commenting upon the situation).

What you state is true. When Megan redesigned the site after a virus attack, she didn't include all of the ummm....filler between parts 1 and 2 that explained some stuff. I believe that was in some of the stuff she didn't put back up OR was a comment underneath a page (some of these did not get put up either).

96CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:17 pm

Sara

Sara

i kneeeeeew it was her!!!!

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

97CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Hiraku

Took me a while to realize what the latest page was trying to say. Lack of dialogue can be confusing. Shocked

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

98CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm

Name?

Gracefulfallen wrote:In all seriousness though substitute "Sadako" with "Queen of the Faeries" and it reminds you a lot of the tales of young men and women bewitched by the charms and beauty of the faeries. They (Lia) are carried off, never to return to our world, forced to do the Faerie's bidding for all eternity...

I imagine it's a real possibility that Lia found out Sadako was trying to lure another young woman permanently into the dream world. Having already been through this, and knowing how much she hates it, I imagine Lia probably finally rebelled against Sadako and decided to help this person escape this. However, in the process she found herself falling in love with Fi.

Am I crazy? (I love wild theories.)

Well, of course, I had the same exact idea in my head... Except, I think that the relationship between Sadako and Lia was somewhat more intimate than just luring her into the dream world, if not romantic.

My exact theory at this point would be that Sadako took special interest in Lia, that she observed her and liked her, the same way Lia took "special interest" in Fi. She started being in all her dreams and (possibly) they eventually fell in love, but that confused Lia. But she wanted to stay with Sadako. She started learning about the Dream World, and then she wrote found out ways to stay asleep, and put them down in the book that Fi found so many years later. Then Lia, through Sadako's manipulation, stuck her consciousness in the Dream World. I'm... not entirely sure what happened to her body. (It died, but once you stick yourself in the Dream World your consciousness can't come back out/die?)
Eventually things went sour with Sadako and Lia and her conscience both knew the truth about her (whatever that may be) and ditched her. Then she saw one of Fiona's dreams. She sympathized with her, the girl always trying to get lost in her dreams, to sleep her troubles away. She fell in love with her. So either she or her conscience wrote a script specifically for Fiona's coma, to set them up. Sadako learned of it, got extremely jealous, and the rest is history.

I dunno guys, I think it's pretty legit. XD

99CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:13 am

Hiraku

Wow... Sadako is... unusually aggressive for a Japanese girl at her times.
Most of the documentary I've watched seemed to show that Japanese civilians had very little knowledge of what's actually going on out there. It's actually kinda sad that most of them never heard, let alone saw, the face of Hirohito. Hm... whether or not Japanese are familiar with the term "axis", or their relationship with Italy and Germany back then is something I'm questioning...
But wait, Sadako existed well before Lia. Has she been overseeing what's going on with the world?

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

100CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 4 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:43 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Hiraku wrote:Wow... Sadako is... unusually aggressive for a Japanese girl at her times.
Most of the documentary I've watched seemed to show that Japanese civilians had very little knowledge of what's actually going on out there. It's actually kinda sad that most of them never heard, let alone saw, the face of Hirohito. Hm... whether or not Japanese are familiar with the term "axis", or their relationship with Italy and Germany back then is something I'm questioning...
But wait, Sadako existed well before Lia. Has she been overseeing what's going on with the world?

what

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum