YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 40]

51CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:16 pm

Dinru

Dinru

Wow. Is it just me, or does Fiona paint the people who give her bad news as bad people a lot? I mean, Elizabeth is apparently a very good stepmom to Fiona, but... well, Megan explained it all already x3

So... is Sadako that bad? I mean obviously she's doing a crap job of running the Dream World, but now we're starting to be raised questions of the nature of the Dream World. But really, the only indications of 'Sadako is bad' is that Fiona and the rest of the DWLF sees her as such. And Lia doesn't like her either, but people can dislike people who are pretty okay for various reasons anyway.

52CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:07 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Sadako may not be evil, but she banned Fi from dreaming. It's pretty well known that without dreamong, the brain will no longer function correctly. I'm not talking about people like me, who can't remember their dreams, I mean actually not dreaming.

Yes, Fi paints people the way she sees 'em. We all do, it's only human. Like dreamworld, it doesn't have to make sense!

Besides, all the stuff with Elizabeth was happening in Fi's coma dream, and so didn't reflect reality anyway!

I don't know, I'm always over analysing anyway.

So why do I care so much about a webcomic, anyway?

Well, you know...

53CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:09 am

Tripz

I'm loving these characters, the ones that keep telling Fi where Lia is. Got like snail man, mermaid lady, giraffe man, and little red riding witch. I know there is more to em, but I wonder if they are just lying or if there is something more to them?

As for the question of Sadako being evil, well everyone is scared of her and she apparently rules dream world like a tyrant, but at the same time i can't exactly hate/ dread her for forcing Fi out of her comfortable fantasy and making her live her life, however hard that may be.

54CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty WTF? Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:05 am

carl-E

carl-E

In the Bee & Bee - What the F do YOU think is going on? Why were those two (the dream's writer and director) staying there in the first place? I thought they were there specifically to head off Fi, but then they tried to leave and didn't recognize her. Or pretended not to?

I know, I know, "All will be 'splained". With the faster pace of the comic, we won't have to wait as long either... but I *LOVE* speculation!

What do you guys think?

55CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:29 am

Tripz

I have no idea, but i wish i did!

It could just be coincidence? But if they were a part of this giving Fiona the run around they would know not to be there, don't you think? I'm guessing for them the Fiona dream writing was just a job that was perverted by that dark haired lady, or even by lia, since she was the one that assumed control of the dream. I'm sure we're in store for some hardcore exposition!

What I want to know more about is lia! She can't be just another dream world girl, and she supposedly authored that book on dreams way back in the start of part two. Makes me scared to trust her

56CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:53 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Why do you think Lucy is crying?

She started off seeming to keep sectrets from Fi, what is it about getting close to finding Lia (or finding that Lia was a lie) that's making Lucy sad?

Does she have feelings for Fi and is afraid of losing her?

57CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:48 pm

la_chinchilla

Ok so I am going to make a guess. Putting together what Megan said:

"[...] other people’s lives have been going on as well, and partially because the thing that Lucy is crying about is relevant to the story."

and a theory I found in the Cbox:

4 Nov 09, 01:34
Cathie: The necklace has a spiral on it, just like Sadako's eye! I'd say it's important.

I think it could be possible that the necklace is a mafia-like message, and maybe Sadako is threatening someone dear to Lucy.

Those were my two outlandish cents!

58CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Jim North

Jim North

Lucy is/was Lia. I have absolutely no proof at the moment but I'm calling it now!

http://jimnorth.deviantart.com

59CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:49 am

Katisanse

la_chinchilla wrote:
I think it could be possible that the necklace is a mafia-like message, and maybe Sadako is threatening someone dear to Lucy.

You know, I wasn't really going in for the whole Lucy as a spy theory I have seen floating around, but once I did a little rereading it is all just too suspicious. Lucy disappears in the middle of the night and the next morning suddenly no one from the DWLF can be found? Fi just shows up in a dream Lucy is working on and she can bail and get away with it?

I am definitely into the idea that Sadako is threatening Lucy, perhaps she has been all along. It does seem strange that You can make it rain pepper, defeat a baku, and float around in a hot air balloon asking suspicious questions for years without the authorities taking too terribly much notice. Though the dream world is _massive_ so that could explain it away.

Plus. . . The director having the address for Lia's royalty checks? if the dream industry works the way our film industry does, why would the director have that on hand? That's the sort of information a producer would have ready access to, not so much a director. She'd have to make alot of phone calls, and considering she quit directing years ago would she still have the connections. . .
But! We didn't see Lucy getting the address. Perhaps it is a place Sadako told her to take them. Thus connecting the necklace and crying to the sudden discovery.

sorry for rambling. Long story short: I smell a trap!

60CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:00 am

Dinru

Dinru

...Okay, I know this is like totally lame, but when have we seen Sarah and Lia at the same time? and Lucy did seem pretty quick to insist that Lia was born with a head when asked and... Whoa. Lucy could be Lia...? And maybe that's why Lucy was crying - she's tired of hiding, but she has to or Sadako will find her.

61CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:50 am

la_chinchilla

We've seen Sarah and Lia together just when she was introduced to the class waaaay waaay back when it was early in the comic. It is sad to shoot down this one, because it could've been epic Sad

62CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:24 pm

Jim North

Jim North

Well now, the thing is, with the right head, just about any headless actress could look like Sarah . . .

63CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:06 pm

Katisanse

I agree with Chinchilla, this one is tempting. It would be epic. But even if that wasn't always Lucy as Sarah in the dream and they were never in the room together (like Clark Kent and Superman) there is still no way for Lucy to be Lia.
they've gone over this one a few times in the Cbox and maybe on the forums too. We know that Lia has a head. not just because Lucy says Lia was born with a head. Lia has a conscience. We meet her a few times and based on the way she interacts with Mary she is definitely a conscience, not some actor playing one in a dream. Dream world people have no consciences, therefore Lia isn't originally from the dreamworld, therefore she was born with a head. Therefore Lucy can't be Lia

But man, if Lucy were Lia, it would explain away Lucy's suspicious behavior without her turning out to be some sort of traitor, sigh, it would be comforting.

64CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:39 pm

Jim North

Jim North

Lia's "conscience" is all shifty! We don't know she's on the level or even for reals!

*grasps at straws*

65CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:02 pm

Dinru

Dinru

Katisanse wrote:I agree with Chinchilla, this one is tempting. It would be epic. But even if that wasn't always Lucy as Sarah in the dream and they were never in the room together (like Clark Kent and Superman) there is still no way for Lucy to be Lia.
they've gone over this one a few times in the Cbox and maybe on the forums too. We know that Lia has a head. not just because Lucy says Lia was born with a head. Lia has a conscience. We meet her a few times and based on the way she interacts with Mary she is definitely a conscience, not some actor playing one in a dream. Dream world people have no consciences, therefore Lia isn't originally from the dreamworld, therefore she was born with a head. Therefore Lucy can't be Lia

But man, if Lucy were Lia, it would explain away Lucy's suspicious behavior without her turning out to be some sort of traitor, sigh, it would be comforting.

We don't know if there are places other than the Dreamworld and Earth. For all we know, headless people could have immigrated from somewhere else in search of heads. Perhaps their consciences served as their heads in a way, and entering the Dreamworld and gaining heads made them forfeit their consciences. Lia might have got to keep hers for some reason or another, or perhaps her conscience was reassigned for Fiona's dream. Or maybe they did get to keep them, and Lucy's hasn't shown up yet or been mentioned. After all, she wasn't present when Don was explaining that they don't have consciences.

66CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:01 am

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

I don't know if it's just me, but Lia seriously has kind of a glazed over, emotionless look in her eyes.
I'm calling trap.

67CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:03 pm

la_chinchilla

I don't know, but she looks much much older than what she should be, considering it's been about two years since we've last seen her. Or maybe I really stink at maths. xD

68CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:05 pm

Katisanse

I don't know if she looks glazed over or just shocked.
Yeah, Lia looks older but she has been in the dream world where time moves faster, for a much longer time than Fi. All the time Fi was out of a coma dream time was still passing, and it goes by quick. A month in the real world is almost a year in the dream world. She was out of that coma for 4 or 5 months before she went back in. So it has been more like 6 or 7 years for Lia. That timeline Megan made is sooo helpful.

Of course, we don't really know how aging works in the dreamworld anyway.

69CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Dinru

Dinru

You know what, at this point I almost don't care if it's a trap or what. I started squeeing when I saw her, and I was like "LIA LIA LIA LIA LIA LIA LIAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!". Then people began to stare, as I am in public...

But yeah, thinking about it, she does look a bit glazed over for seeing her girlfriend for the first time in like 6 or 7 years. Also, her eyes look blue, but that could just be shading or my eyes being funky. Then again, she could be so thoroughly shocked that she can't register. Or Sadako did weird things to her brain and she thinks she's in for something.

70CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:51 pm

Katisanse

I wonder if there is a ton of panic going through her head mixed in with the joy of seeing Fi, hence the strange expression. If she has been on the run from Sadako all this time for her involvement with Fi, imagine the trouble she would be in now that Fi is back in dreamworld.

71CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:52 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Oh my god, I love this cover. Shades of Roxy Hart.

Katisanse wrote:If she has been on the run from Sadako all this time for her involvement with Fi, imagine the trouble she would be in now that Fi is back in dreamworld.

If she were on the run, I don't think the wisest course of action would be to stay home collecting residual checks...

72CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:45 pm

Jim North

Jim North

And the world was shattered by the squeeing of a million fans!

73CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:12 pm

KateKaleidoscopic

Uh, Oh. Something tells me a certain someone is making sure Lia doesn't admit her love to Fi.

74CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:02 pm

shocklance

shocklance

It's good to see Lia agian. cheers But a shadow looms over the reunion, what is the truth behind Lia's actions during Fi's coma dream? Why does she deny her feelings for Fi? And what, if anything does Sadako have to do with the reunion?

Also, looking at the cover page (Which looks really cool by the way) I once agian am forced to bring up a theory of mine. Lia's hair and clothing in the cover page looks like something out of the 1920's. Remember the really old book Fi found that taught her about lucid dreaming and how it had Lia's name on it. Now either it was written by a older realtive of Lia, or Lia is A LOT older then we think. Think about it, if Fi can change her apperance why can't Lia make herself look younger? Truthfully, I'm not sure if I want to be right or wrong about this theroy of mine, the implications are kind of scary, at least in my mind they are.

Good to be posting agian, I've been away from the boards for far to long.

75CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 3 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:11 pm

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

Oh my.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum