YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : (

+4
Katisanse
Roses Ablaze
Louisa
C
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:59 pm

C

C

I was rereading the comic YU+ME, and suddenly something clicked. Don, who as you know serves as a narrator as well as character for the second season (part? chapter?) of YU+ME, mentions that he misses his best friend Fiona. This seems to suggest that Fiona will not take over as the new queen of Dreamland and that she will not be remaining in the Dream World. This also seems to suggest that Fiona and Lia must part ways and may never see each other again. (Seeing as Lia is unable to leave the Dream World.) I'm not saying that Fiona's story WILL have a bad ending. I'm not the writer. But so far, that seems to be where the road is heading. But, what do I know. Any thoughts?

2I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:53 pm

Louisa

Someone in the other thread pointed out that if Fiona had returned to the Real World, Don should still be able to see her when she dreams. If she isn't having dreams in the Real World and isn't still in Dreamworld, that only seems to leave one option...

EDIT: actually, it leaves 2 options I can think of: either Fi died in the Real World, or the barrier between Earth and Nod was sealed somehow, meaning dreamers can no longer get to Nod.

3I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:20 pm

Roses Ablaze

My personal theory is that everything returns to the way it was pre-Sadako, meaning that everyone dreams inside their own heads rather than visiting Nod. So when Fi wakes up, she won't get to visit everyone (and vice-versa) when she dreams.

4I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:08 pm

Katisanse

Roses Ablaze wrote:My personal theory is that everything returns to the way it was pre-Sadako, meaning that everyone dreams inside their own heads rather than visiting Nod. So when Fi wakes up, she won't get to visit everyone (and vice-versa) when she dreams.

I definitely agree. I even suspect Fi or Lia of being behind the turn back to conventional dreaming. Fi has established discomfort and disgust with dreams being orchestrated and televised. Plus, if they do come to the decision that Fi has to go back to the real world, They would have to break off contact for Fi to ever really move on. that seems the only way to really do it.

5I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Sun May 02, 2010 2:29 am

Mercury

Mercury

I really really REALLY don't want Fiona and Lia to be separated!

If anyone here has ever read His Dark Materials trilogy (the first book is titled The Golden Compass) it has a VERY VERY SAD and similar ending. There, I didn't totally ruin the ending for others. But if you haven't read it yet, it is amazing and definitely worth reading. And please don't worry too much over the Vatican not liking it. They have their panties all in a wad.

6I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Sun May 02, 2010 3:09 pm

Louisa

[horribletangent]

Mercury wrote:the first book is titled The Golden Compass

Or "Northern Lights" in the UK. And yes, excellent books.

[/horribletangent]

7I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Wed May 05, 2010 3:28 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Mercury wrote:
...They have their panties all in a wad.

That would explain a lot, really.

Seriously though, doesn't the vtican proclaiming against something usually make it more popular? This can be a good thing!

8I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Sat May 08, 2010 6:27 am

dolorien

Optimistically, Fiona simply might not have been back for months. If she has to leave the world in hurried circumstances and leaving her friends behind, not knowing if they'll live, she might be carrying a lot of guilt and loss and that's affecting her ability to come back to Don's places. For all we know, she could be having one of those vague dreams where she's trying to find everyone and anyone in an unclear landscape, stumbling until a familiar person finds her again. Then hopefully, she'll suddenly arrive, and Don will put the book to one side and give brief recaps of what happened to everyone else as she visits everyone again. (Personally, I'm foolishly infatuated with wholly happy endings- there's a fairly-run government in Dreamworld and everyone's alive and well, and happily employed and while Fiona is about to go into college, make friends and have a full life in reality, she can still see her girlfriend almost every night. This will definitely be an earned happy ending.)

9I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Sat May 08, 2010 6:58 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

dolorien wrote:Optimistically, Fiona simply might not have been back for months. If she has to leave the world in hurried circumstances and leaving her friends behind, not knowing if they'll live, she might be carrying a lot of guilt and loss and that's affecting her ability to come back to Don's places. For all we know, she could be having one of those vague dreams where she's trying to find everyone and anyone in an unclear landscape, stumbling until a familiar person finds her again. Then hopefully, she'll suddenly arrive, and Don will put the book to one side and give brief recaps of what happened to everyone else as she visits everyone again. (Personally, I'm foolishly infatuated with wholly happy endings- there's a fairly-run government in Dreamworld and everyone's alive and well, and happily employed and while Fiona is about to go into college, make friends and have a full life in reality, she can still see her girlfriend almost every night. This will definitely be an earned happy ending.)

<3 I totally agree with you. I would love it if that happened.

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

10I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Sat May 08, 2010 7:24 am

dolorien

I'm such a dork that the worst thing to happen to anybody would either be Sadako living with what she has done, receiving counselling after a period in an institution, but helping others to prevent her past mistakes (like an advisor, with Clandy slowly being re-welcomed into her life) or Lucy, as a successful voice actress, explaining that she built up her new career from time spent in a body cast (Even a noble death seemed harsh: my redemption would be suffering a serious injury while trying to help and have an almost humorously undignified near-death experience- a noble death nipped in the bud by something like someone running with her disembodied head, shaking it and screaming 'No, Lucy! Don't go to sleep! We're getting you help! NOOO!')

11I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Empty Re: I Fear an Unhappy End for Fiona : ( Fri May 14, 2010 4:00 pm

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

dolorien wrote:I'm such a dork that the worst thing to happen to anybody would either be Sadako living with what she has done, receiving counselling after a period in an institution, but helping others to prevent her past mistakes (like an advisor, with Clandy slowly being re-welcomed into her life) or Lucy, as a successful voice actress, explaining that she built up her new career from time spent in a body cast (Even a noble death seemed harsh: my redemption would be suffering a serious injury while trying to help and have an almost humorously undignified near-death experience- a noble death nipped in the bud by something like someone running with her disembodied head, shaking it and screaming 'No, Lucy! Don't go to sleep! We're getting you help! NOOO!')

You are awesome. I love you. <3

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum