YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 28]

151CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:09 am

sticarus

Kitt wrote:

You know, I'm 99.99% confident you're right about that. It just makes too much sense.
Spoiler:

Mreow.

Oooo, that's a good point too. "I suppose I can't blame her for leaving." Instead of leaving and denying the crown (or eye, more appropriately), maybe it's more 'leaving' because she's 'tired'.

ETA: He talks about how he misses her, if she were still living (in the real world) and hadn't "bricked up" her door, wouldn't she still be visiting, when she's dreaming? He could still see her in her dreams, right? Or is that not how that works? If he misses her because he never sees her, maybe she's not dreaming, maybe she's not sleeping, which means maybe she's... (well, you know, eep pale )

152CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:17 am

Michael

Roses Ablaze wrote:If Nod has a will of its own, is it good or evil? Or chaotic-neutral?
It has the same alignment as Batman

153CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:45 am

Megabyte

sticarus wrote:
Kitt wrote:

You know, I'm 99.99% confident you're right about that. It just makes too much sense.
Spoiler:

Mreow.

Oooo, that's a good point too. "I suppose I can't blame her for leaving." Instead of leaving and denying the crown (or eye, more appropriately), maybe it's more 'leaving' because she's 'tired'.

ETA: He talks about how he misses her, if she were still living (in the real world) and hadn't "bricked up" her door, wouldn't she still be visiting, when she's dreaming? He could still see her in her dreams, right? Or is that not how that works? If he misses her because he never sees her, maybe she's not dreaming, maybe she's not sleeping, which means maybe she's... (well, you know, eep pale )

I always tought it was a possibility that the link from Nod to Earth could have been permanently closed. If this was possible Fiona wouldn't ever be able to come back. So, in a sense, she would be "dead" to Nod, even if she was actually alive on Earth.

154CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:10 am

Megabyte

By the way, I there's a strong possibility Clandestine's future is very dim. She's Sadako's conscience after all, and even if their link are broken, if Sadako dies she dies too.

155CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:24 am

meeples

Katisanse wrote:

But Sadako doesn't seem to exclusively be searching for dreamers if her interest is piqued by the terrible Mara. after all, she doesn't know that Mara is Lia and therefore is a dreamer.

Actually, unless it's a major plot hole, she does, since she addresses her with Lia here http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1825 .
My guess on who Lia *really* is, is

Spoiler:
which would explain why
Spoiler:

156CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 am

Michael

Megan has confirmed that Ellie bricked up her door from the outside by dying while not in the dreamworld.

157CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 am

sticarus

meeples wrote:
Actually, unless it's a major plot hole, she does, since she addresses her with Lia here http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1825

I think she may have just found out that Lia was Mara on that page. Like she doesn't know it's Lia, and they capture her and throw her in jail (reunite, blahblah) and then when she's presented to Sadako (who thinks she's meeting Mara) Sadako's all "Oh, surprise, Mara and Lia are one in the same." And then greets Lia.

Am I making sense? That's just how I see it, I don't know if the things I'm typing are coming across as clearly as they are in my head though. Y'know?

158CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:42 am

meeples

sticarus wrote:
meeples wrote:
Actually, unless it's a major plot hole, she does, since she addresses her with Lia here http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1825

I think she may have just found out that Lia was Mara on that page. Like she doesn't know it's Lia, and they capture her and throw her in jail (reunite, blahblah) and then when she's presented to Sadako (who thinks she's meeting Mara) Sadako's all "Oh, surprise, Mara and Lia are one in the same." And then greets Lia.

Am I making sense? That's just how I see it, I don't know if the things I'm typing are coming across as clearly as they are in my head though. Y'know?
Makes sense, I guess. but then I don't understand the rhetorical (well, more or less rhetorical) questions, since it wouldn't really have made a difference if they had caught Mara sooner, or if Sadako had known who she was sooner. Sadako wouldn't really have had a reason to act any differently.

Also, I'd still wonder about
Spoiler:

159CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:20 am

sticarus

They both made a conscious decision to stay: Lia to live with "George" and Sadako to take the throne.

Megan hasn't shown Ellie making a decision, I'd say it's safe to wager she'd avoid it at all costs. Her dreams are where she's haunted by Sadako. I'd think it's the last place she'd want to stay. Just acknowledging her death (bricked up door).

It seems like the sealing of the door, would stand for either death in the real world, or decision to stay in Nod (like falling asleep healthy and never waking up), either way, essentially preventing movement between the two.

Since it was never REALLY specified if Ellie stayed or went, just that she couldn't keep moving back and forth, maybe she did stay in the dream world. I do think they have to make the choice for themselves though. Maybe Ellie did, stockholm syndrome? I guess we'll have to wait and find out, but If I was her, I'd avoid staying in Nod at all costs.

ETA:
Michael wrote:Megan has confirmed that Ellie bricked up her door from the outside by dying while not in the dreamworld.

Oops, my B. Must have missed that.

160CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:31 am

meeples

huh, missed that too, although I could've sworn his post wasn't there before! darn you, time zones *shakes fist* sunny

161CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 pm

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

sheisakeeper wrote:Yes indeed, the first page today is breathtaking. It's my background right now. Very Happy
I'd love a full blackground of just the main image. Donation background mayhaps?? *big puppy dog eyes*

I've loved this whole week of posts -- the story is really moving along and all the in-dream world art is full of whimsy and color.

<3

I really have to agree. Megan, pretty pretty please with sprinkles make the Himitsu/Clandy spread into a wallpaper. *puppy eyes*

162CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 2:29 pm

Michael

Exactly what Megan said

Just 'cause, you know, people keep not having seen it.

163CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:17 pm

SuzanneM

Michael wrote:So how young is Fiona at this point?

I've been harbouring a suspicion that her mother was pushed to suicide from the dreamworld...

I like the way you think! (Though then there is some pretty sick manipulation going on) I am gonna take a shot in the dark and guess that fiona is 3 (aka when she got Mr. Bub Bun). Math supports this; according to Lia it was about 2 centries (Nod time). Refrence page Which is about 14 years in real time, how old was Fi again at start of dream? 17? The math required to do the conversion wore my brain out.

Last edited by SuzanneM on Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad coding.)

164CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 3:25 pm

carl-E

carl-E

The math works Cool

"nearly two centuries" with the 14:1 conversion is about 14 years. A little more, 200/14 is about 14.3, so a little less than 200 years is almost exactly 14 years IRL. So from Fi being 3 to starting the first coma-dream at 17 is exactly right!

I teach math - it's delicious!

165CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:57 pm

Michael

I wonder if the fact that Fiona was able to fight back now she had Mr Bun was why No Face decided she was strong enough?

166CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 am

Dinru

Dinru

Running with the Mr. Bun - Fiona's Mom - No Face possibilities:

Is it possible that, maybe, Mr. Bun was inspired by Fiona's Mom's own late-night run-ins with No Face? Perhaps Angel's heart was strong, just not quite strong enough, but No Face knew not to eat hers because of Fiona? Or perhaps there was another presence in Angel's dreamspace that gave her knowledge of Nod somehow? Perhaps some ghost of Lia or George or Ellie or something? (ooh, wouldn't it be spooky if Angel, and therefore Fiona, was George's descendant? Or Ellie's?)

Also, it's possible that she still exists in the Dream World. Part of her suicide was drinking, and people sometimes use alcohol to get themselves to sleep... plus, Fiona's own attempt sent her into a coma, and it was never made completely clear (only implied) whether her Mom was in the hospital or not. She could have gone into a coma and escaped her dreamspace somehow, bricked it up, and died in the real world.

167CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:43 am

Megabyte

I guess it is clear now. Sadako manipulated Fiona solely using "Love".

168CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:28 am

SuzanneM

carl-E wrote:The math works Cool

Hooray! I am pretty much helpless when it comes to math (I needed a calclator to figure it all out.)

As for the rest of the Bun-bun discussion: Personally, ifeel Mr. Bun-bun isn't so much magic as it is her ability to imagine he is powerful. her imagination and therefore her will is strong. i assume that's the kind of "heart" necessary to rule Nod. ( Clearly from the example of Sadako you need not be good or moral).

However it would be super cool awesome if there was a more elaborate plot behind it ( ossibly Nod once again having a will of its own to create complex events).

Last edited by SuzanneM on Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : bad coding (again))

169CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:49 am

carl-E

carl-E

"Fiona had no chance. Sadako planned for everything."

No. No one can plan for everything. Sadako may be a master manipulator (ok, mistress manipulator), but something's not going to go as planned, there are too many variables in the mix!

Like Lucy.

And Clandi...

170CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:31 am

JuJuBee

Boy, she lucked out on Fiona being a lesbian. Imagine Lia being falling for her and Fiona being straight...maybe that was what James was for? It doesn't seem like she would like him even if she was straight.

Or maybe Sadako got it from Fiona's 'you may kiss the bride' thing when she was little.

171CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:48 am

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

In light of the most recent pages, what I wanna know is this: Where does the first version of the script fit into all this? If Sadako wrote ALL of them... Lia (and I think also Don) wasn't in the first one, and Lucy as Sarah was the love interest. Was that just a sinister side-plot to piss Lucy off so she'd be more easily bribed into giving away the DWLF? Because with this page, it seems like Sadako was planning to have Lia be the love interest all along.

172CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:31 am

Kugai

Kugai

I think Sadako adjusted the script each time that what was actually happening interfered with her plans to put things back on the course she wanted.

Not sure it entirely worked though.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

173CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:19 am

Pahana

Pahana

haha the little window of Sadako saying ''Im clever like that'' made my day.
I must say even if her intentions is cruel its not as cruel as i thought it would be, Sadako isnt as cruel as i had the impression of. yes she is cruel, but i think she's mostly drived insane by some sort of power. She was a stubborn kid from the beginning but never cruel like now.

174CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:38 am

TheResult

TheResult

carl-E wrote:"Fiona had no chance. Sadako planned for everything."

No. No one can plan for everything.

.. Why are you arguing with a character in a comic who can't argue back? >>

Also Sadako is thousands of years old and, through Don's eyes, these events have already happened.. So yes, there is the complete possibility that she did, in fact, plan for everything.

http://theresult.deviantart.com

175CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 7 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:51 am

carl-E

carl-E

Because I'm trying to avoid work...

Besides, even the best chessmaster can be defeated by one or two random variables in their plans!

I mean, Sadako had to keep revising to make the plan work. Manipulative she may be, but she just didn't have it all planned. Fi didn't fall for Lucy as planned, and it was just lucky for Sadako that she did fall for someone else. Of course, Sadako put that someone else there for her, but it wasn't a sure thing!

Nothing is, that's the point. I mean, I know, it's a work of fiction, but if you're sucked into the story enough to speculate...

Well, come join me. Quit standing on the sidelines!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum