YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 17 of 28]

401CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 12:52 am

Megabyte

Lady Fury wrote:I think Clandy's trying to be reassuring as possible (despite her slowly shifting between forms by this time), but truth be told, I'm sure she's as sad for Sadako. She used to want to be part of the dream world, but had to learn the cold truth in order to stay forever and can't keep living as she is because of every bad thing she did during that time.

There's no doubt in my mind Fi's is still debating on actually doing it, even though a part of her doesn't want to. Still, it makes me wonder if any of us were given the choice, would we pull the trigger and end the suffering of someone if we were given that option?

I don't think she's changing between forms. She was just drawn in a simplified way. Take a look – Mary was also drawn this way in that panel.

Also, don't you think Clandestine has enough reasons to get Sadako killed? She went insane because of Sadako, and if it's true she won't die after Sadako's death, it means she'll finally be "free".

402CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 12:56 am

Katisanse

Megabyte wrote:I think it's possible Sadako will die, but not through Fiona's hands. That would explain the blood all around the cover and the Fiona holding the clean sword (cover). Maybe "Mara" will kill her?

ooo, I hadn't noticed the clean sword! I do think you're right about that. Sadako is going to die, but Fi won;t do it. Hell, killing her when she wants to die isn't even a satisfying revenge. But I still don't think mara/Lia will be the one to do it. It doesn't really make sense thematically for her to attempt twice. I am rooting for king Don. The new page seems to be leaning towards Fi doing it . . . but would stubborn Fi soften to do Sadako a favor? and the way Don is so non-chalant in the background, . . . I mean why is he here? he has got to do something.

403CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 2:39 am

Kitt

Kitt

*sigh* I wrote this awesome long post, then accidentally lost it all. So here goes again!

Megan, I know you think Fiona looks like a bobble head in the last frame, but if you compare her face to Sadako's, they're proportionally correct. It's just that Fi's hair is very poofy right now.

But, I actually really love this panel. It's probably one of my favorites of all - no joke. It's the final reversal of roles: Sadako's life and fate is entirely in Fiona's control, just as Fi's was in Sadako's so long ago.

Also, I think the dichotomy of the Red and Blue speaks volumes: Feirce vs Sly, Hot vs Cold, Direct vs Indirect. It really shows both of their personalities and pasts.

I especially like the hair! Fiona's is Thick, Strong, and Full while Sadako's is Thin, Weak, and Wilted. Their hair seems to swirl toward one another: A flow, a circle, a yin-yang almost.

I don't know, I just love this panel. There's so much more, too, but that's all I can bare to retype for now, haha.

Mew =3

404CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 3:04 am

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

i have a few thoughts.

1. the king of nod was seemingly a nice old man and nod was a happy place when he was in control, yet he had no conscience (that we ever witnessed) leading me to believe he was a native (also the fact few people from rl ever made it to nod before he was killed) this makes king don very possible in my opinion

2. Clandy just wants Sadako's suffering to be over. she's not being spiteful, but pittying.

3. Mary isn't defending Sadako but Fi's interests. i know it was mentioned earlier, but that is what i first thought when i read it. it messes with your mind to kill someone, and im sure a conscience is pretty anti murder..

4. when Don starts telling his story, he says Fi's been gone a while, so i doubt she kills Sadako, or she'd be the new queen and still in nod. so, that leads me to believe she wakes up and just visits Lia every night when she dreams, leaving Don to rule

ok...i think im done

405CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 3:05 am

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

*also, Lia cant go w Fi, because she's dead in RL

406CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 11:29 am

Megabyte

I think Yu+me will have an overall bad ending.

Let's see a very likely possibility.

#1:
Fiona says she can't kill Sadako, because she pities her. Maddened, Sadako attacks Fiona and is beheaded by Don, which becomes king. Clandestine finally becomes insane / dies. Fiona returns to the real world but is left heartbroken. Lia stays there also heartbroken.

A less likely scenario:

#2:
Fiona kills Sadako and starts to become queen. Somehow, Don grabs the Eye of nod in the process and stops this, sealing the kingdom of Nod. Everything else about Fiona, Clandestine and Lia is the same as theory #1.

In either of these scenarios, the king (or queen, if someone else takes the place), will eventually have the same fate of Sadako: he/she will eventually get tired and will ask to be killed.

407CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 11:35 am

Megabyte

To make the ending a bit less bitter, maybe Sadako will have a last moment of sanity right before she dies, and Clandestine will find a new "person", becoming sane again. Also, Fiona and Lia will find somebody else to love.

408CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 12:24 pm

after all

after all

I'm getting the sense that something really, really bad is going to happen to Lia. Depending on if Wednesdays are still going to be skipped or not, there's at least 16 pages left in the comic. While it's possible that it could take 16 pages for Fiona to kill a consenting Sadako and for someone in the party to become the new king or queen, that doesn't seem to fit with the way Megan has told this story so far. And since the story started out with a strong focus on Fi and Lia, I'm sort of thinking it'll go out that way, too.

Am I the only one thinking that somehow in this situation, Mara is going to spiral out of control and will have to be killed by somebody? Perhaps killing Sadako also means killing Clandy (which is why Mara couldn't do it before, not because she was weak), and Fiona will hesitate to kill someone she cares about so much-- but Mara will not.

There's really not that much chance of Fiona and Lia ending up together anyway-- in the real world, Lia's dead-- unless Fiona dies, too (remember, her condition might be killing her) but I don't want that to happen! Lia was a big part of Fiona's life, her first love even, but I think it would be a better ending if Fiona got to keep living and maybe even experience other loves down the road. I'd like them to stay together... but I just don't see it happening.

409CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 5:01 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Megabyte wrote:To make the ending a bit less bitter, maybe Sadako will have a last moment of sanity right before she dies...

I think we're seeing that right now!

410CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Megabyte

carl-E wrote:
Megabyte wrote:To make the ending a bit less bitter, maybe Sadako will have a last moment of sanity right before she dies...

I think we're seeing that right now!

Well, yeah. But I meant something like "reverting-to-powerless-sane-Sadako-and-then-dying". You know, pre-eye of Nod.

411CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 5:21 pm

Megabyte

after all wrote:I'm getting the sense that something really, really bad is going to happen to Lia. Depending on if Wednesdays are still going to be skipped or not, there's at least 16 pages left in the comic. While it's possible that it could take 16 pages for Fiona to kill a consenting Sadako and for someone in the party to become the new king or queen, that doesn't seem to fit with the way Megan has told this story so far. And since the story started out with a strong focus on Fi and Lia, I'm sort of thinking it'll go out that way, too.

Am I the only one thinking that somehow in this situation, Mara is going to spiral out of control and will have to be killed by somebody? Perhaps killing Sadako also means killing Clandy (which is why Mara couldn't do it before, not because she was weak), and Fiona will hesitate to kill someone she cares about so much-- but Mara will not.

There's really not that much chance of Fiona and Lia ending up together anyway-- in the real world, Lia's dead-- unless Fiona dies, too (remember, her condition might be killing her) but I don't want that to happen! Lia was a big part of Fiona's life, her first love even, but I think it would be a better ending if Fiona got to keep living and maybe even experience other loves down the road. I'd like them to stay together... but I just don't see it happening.

If that happens it just makes the ending much more tragic.

412CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 10:44 pm

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

the whole story was baased on a dream where a dream girl was lost, Fi's going to Lia if she keeps with this idea. probly going to wake up again. *nod nod*

413CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon May 24, 2010 11:03 pm

Dinru

Dinru

This whole thing is because Sadako wants to commit suicide and can't. Fiona ultimately is involved in all of this because she wanted to commit suicide and couldn't. You guys, I think Fiona's gonna go through with this. She understands how Sadako feels more than anyone (except maybe Clandy).

414CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 12:06 am

Teya

This page is so, so beautiful. And heart-breaking. I really thought there would be more of a build-up or of a "Should I kill her or should I not kill her?" between Fi and Mary, but... I kind of like that it was quick. And that last panel needs no words. Although, now I'm kind of nervous about what's gonna happen to Clandy; will she die, too? And, if the eye instantly transfers to the next Ruler of Nod, when Fiona realizes what's just happened, do you think someone will have to kill her so she can escape the responsibility of being Queen? Man, so many questions, and little under a month to answer them!

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

415CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

Megabyte

I tought Sadako needed to be beheaded in order to be killed?

Also, I noticed there's something interesting: when Sadako killed the king of Nod, there was blood. And now there's not blood, only light. Does this mean anything?

416CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 12:46 am

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

Man. Fiona probably should have gotten some information out of Sadako before she killed her. Like where Lia's conscience is. And stuff.

Anyway, beautiful page.

417CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 1:01 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Megabyte wrote:I tought Sadako needed to be beheaded in order to be killed?

lol. She's not a vampire. Wink

http://rosalarian.com

418CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 1:08 am

Megabyte

Hey, Megan! Nice to see you. As you're here, I'd like to ask: will Fiona die in the real world? Are we heading to a very tragic ending?

You don't have to answer, but there's no way I could stop myself from asking!

419CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 1:31 am

after all

after all

I feel terrible for Sadako. It's not that I think she doesn't deserve this-- she's done a lot of terrible things-- but I don't think she was unredeemable, and now that isn't gonna happen.

So, Fiona's going to be Queen now? I wonder what's going to happen next? I have a feeling all that power might corrupt, even in the case of someone as nice as Fi. And Mara's bound to do SOMETHING.

420CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 am

black_rose_writer

black_rose_writer

Shocked Fi...killed her...she...she really did it...

421CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 1:38 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Shocked I can't believe she actually did it.... *sigh*

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

422CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 3:25 am

canyoudigit

darkrose072687 wrote:Shocked I can't believe she actually did it.... *sigh*

Yeah, ..if she really wanted to make her suffer she should have let her live..

but i guess this is another example of Fiona's selfless behavior

423CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 5:55 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

So I guess no one else noticed the sword is different in the second panel? there is an extra blade now, like a simatar like blade running along side the handle. SUP with that????? Question

424CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 8:15 am

Sporadic

purplefreak wrote:So I guess no one else noticed the sword is different in the second panel? there is an extra blade now, like a simatar like blade running along side the handle. SUP with that????? Question

I was wondering about that - but another look tells me it's her tie.

425CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 17 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

I think that this song is the perfect background music for today's page: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mszhhIC2lQQ

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 17 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 22 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum