YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Things Clandy was responsible for

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Things Clandy was responsible for Wed Feb 17, 2010 7:33 am

Michael

Given recent comments on the main discussion thread I thought maybe we should make a list of Clandestine's significant actions.

In no particular order:

She broke Fi's disguise, leading to Conscience being arrested.
She led Fi to Lucy.
She got Fi to explain why she had disappeared.
She persuaded Fi not to try to give up and return to consciousness.
"Hey, look! A cabin!"
Potentially her distraction was why Don lost to the Baku and Fi had to do her crazy pepper attack.
She searched the hideout of the DWLF right under their noses.
She made Fi sleep on the floor so she was sleeping next to Lucy when she delayed Lucy's rescue mission.
She went right through the bag of supplies Lucy bought, which nobody thought suspicious because she kept asking if things were toys.
She gave the diary to Fi.

... and then there's that thing she did to the new conscience.

I'm getting to think there's more to her than we realise. Or else Megan uses her for plot devices a lot.

2Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Re: Things Clandy was responsible for Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:47 pm

kitty!

I'm more than fairly certain Clandy is Sadako's Conscience. She's been wandering around dreamworld for almost 135 real world years, and Sadako came into power in 1870, and that exactly 135 years before 2005 which is when all this Coma Drama is happening, according to timelines and such.

I don't know if she's got any alterior motives, if that's even possible for a half-mad conscience.

and I could be wrong, because Sadako's actions don't really compare to Lia's when she was sans-conscience.

I'm curious to see who Clandy ends up belonging too.

3Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Clandy ... Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:03 am

greengirl77

I believe that Clandy is in fact Sadako's conscience. I am beginning to think that perhaps Sadako didn't really lose her either. I think that Sadako actually learned to control Clandy instead and she is simply helping Sadako do her dirty work. Maybe she is just a dysfunctional conscience...if that is possible. She is a little grey...

4Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Re: Things Clandy was responsible for Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:08 pm

Michael

If Clandy isn't Sadako's conscience then she is pretending to be. But even if she is it doesn't mean she's only acting on her own plans.

5Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Re: Things Clandy was responsible for Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:41 pm

kitty!

you know how conciences are their own people but also look subtly like the people who they belong to? Maybe if a conscience loses their person they turn grey and blue and blank-slate-y. Maybe how she looks is because she has no one to look subtly like!

6Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Re: Things Clandy was responsible for Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:48 pm

Ana

kitty! wrote:and I could be wrong, because Sadako's actions don't really compare to Lia's when she was sans-conscience.

Now... re-read page 8, panels 1&2 of the bonus comic.
Re-read the very sentence I'm quoting.
Sum it up.

It's as much as I can say without spoiling for those who didn't get the comic.

7Things Clandy was responsible for Empty Re: Things Clandy was responsible for Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:43 pm

Michael

What you're trying to say is that Clandy might have been a powerful enough conscience that even in her absence her person retained some degree of ... if not goodness then at least an aversion to running around the dreamworld playing with severed body parts and the other things Mara got up to.

Edit: Which means that maybe Sadako underestimated what trapping Lia's conscience would do to her...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum