YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theories and Ideas: Whose Clandy's original person? Lucy a spy?

+12
Redrum
la_chinchilla
Nemye
carl-E
Louisa
Katisanse
Erie
Mrs. Abject
Dinru
Michael
Somnimiles
YazzyDream
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

I made this topic because I just really want to talk more about YU+ME. I'm totally obsessing and anticipating what's coming up next.

So! Let's make predictions and lists of what we know is gonna happen next!

Well, right off the bat we know there's gonna be a confrontation with Sadako at some point.
Mayhaps the Baku comes back as Sadako's guard?
Think we'll ever meet "Jake"?
Also... Lucy, what's up with her? Is she a spy? She disappeared that one night... hm...
An explanation for who wrote this note.

I also have some of my own questions besides. I was more curious about consciences. Are they born with "their person?" Does that mean they die with them too? ...What does that say about Clandestine?

What do you guys think? And do you have any theories?

Last edited by YazzyDream on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Ooh! I just want to add a few hunches since the last few pages. Very Happy

I think Clandestine may be Sadako's conscience.

Also, I think the one that sent Nica this package is the same one that sent Mary that letter.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

YazzyDream wrote:
I think Clandestine may be Sadako's conscience.

Ooh, now THAT would be a turn of events...

I've been trying to use process of elimination to figure out who sent the package and the letter, and coming up with nothing. [left]Lucy couldn't have sent the package because she didn't even know about Fiona until she was hired to act in her dream. I had a theory about Lia orchestrating the whole thing, but why would she hand over what we can only assume is a script to Nica, only to go against that script while she's there? Unless she just wasn't an important enough dream actress to get the main role, maybe? Dunno.

It is a mystery...

Michael

The maths was done in the other Clandy thread, Clandestine lost her person around the time Sadako took over the dream world.

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Michael wrote:The maths was done in the other Clandy thread, Clandestine lost her person around the time Sadako took over the dream world.

Oh, man. That's really awesome. And I feel like that basically confirms our suspicions, but of course you never know, Megan might say something entirely different.

I've also been wondering about why Sadako was so against Fi and Lia? And Lia seems to know Sadako personally beforehand...

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Oh my god I think I just figured out who gave the letter AND the package.

But I'm not telling...HA!

Dinru

Dinru

Somnimiles wrote:Oh my god I think I just figured out who gave the letter AND the package.

Sad Sharing is caring.

Also, my personal theory: Sebastian wrote the script. Why? We haven't heard much from him. He probably wanted to boost his popularity, and Fiona's dreams seem to be popular. He may have even been Nica's boyfriend, using her dreams as a springboard. Selfish bastard Sad

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Dinru wrote:
Somnimiles wrote:Oh my god I think I just figured out who gave the letter AND the package.

Sad Sharing is caring.

Also, my personal theory: Sebastian wrote the script. Why? We haven't heard much from him. He probably wanted to boost his popularity, and Fiona's dreams seem to be popular. He may have even been Nica's boyfriend, using her dreams as a springboard. Selfish bastard Sad

Ahh, but with the script was also sent an "obscene amount of money". Now Sebastian would already have to be pretty important, I would think, to have so much money, and wouldn't need all of this song and dance to promote his career were that the case. This rule can apply to a lot of people, which really slims down the list of suspects, assuming the culprit is a person we already know in the story.

So... who possibly has a vested interest in creating a dream for Fiona to stir up Sadako, would be creative enough to write a brilliant dream-story script, and has been around long enough to have possibly accumulated "obscene" amounts of money?

And well, to quote Batman, "Who benefits?"

Mrs. Abject

Do you mean Don or do you mean Lia? Shocked

I've got a theory in my mind that I'm not sure I want to be right. Megan wrote in her livejournal that we're all making assumptions about the characters' sexualities, and wrote that Don and Fiona are the only ones whose sexualities have been confirmed, Fiona's as lesbian and Don's as "likes men". What if we're assuming that Lia is actually into Fiona that way?

Hopefully Megan just meant that it's possible Lia may not be into girls other than Fiona, or that she may be anywhere on the Kinsey Scale from "likes girls somewhat" to "exclusively likes girls". But it's an interesting tidbit of information to consider anyway.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Mrs. Abject wrote:Do you mean Don or do you mean Lia? Shocked

...NEITHER! Twisted Evil

Megan wrote in her livejournal that we're all making assumptions about the characters' sexualities, and wrote that Don and Fiona are the only ones whose sexualities have been confirmed, Fiona's as lesbian and Don's as "likes men". What if we're assuming that Lia is actually into Fiona that way?

Hopefully Megan just meant that it's possible Lia may not be into girls other than Fiona, or that she may be anywhere on the Kinsey Scale from "likes girls somewhat" to "exclusively likes girls". But it's an interesting tidbit of information to consider anyway.

I think it's more likely that she was probably just trying to make a point about that rant, and not giving clues to the story so much, and just forgot to include Lia, since she's not a currently-active character. Could be some merit to it, though. It'd definitely make things interesting.

Last edited by Somnimiles on Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Mrs. Abject

Then Clandy it is! (At least, that's the next best guess).

Yeah, I really hope that Lia's still into Fiona. I used to ship everyone all crazy-like, but now that I've been reading longer and we're (maybe) about to see Lia again, I just want Fiona and Lia back together.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Mrs. Abject wrote:Then Clandy it is! (At least, that's the next best guess).

Yeah, I really hope that Lia's still into Fiona. I used to ship everyone all crazy-like, but now that I've been reading longer and we're (maybe) about to see Lia again, I just want Fiona and Lia back together.

Echo that.

Dinru

Dinru

Somnimiles wrote:
Dinru wrote:

Sad Sharing is caring.

Ahh, but with the script was also sent an "obscene amount of money". Now Sebastian would already have to be pretty important, I would think, to have so much money, and wouldn't need all of this song and dance to promote his career were that the case. This rule can apply to a lot of people, which really slims down the list of suspects, assuming the culprit is a person we already know in the story.

So... who possibly has a vested interest in creating a dream for Fiona to stir up Sadako, would be creative enough to write a brilliant dream-story script, and has been around long enough to have possibly accumulated "obscene" amounts of money?

And well, to quote Batman, "Who benefits?"

Oh, you're right...

Sadako? Lia herself? Lucy? Clandestine Jones? Mary? Tarantula? Anyone else from the DWLF? Oh, I feel like my brain should be getting this... I so feel like I should know who you're talking about!

EDIT: Out of the above, Don makes the most sense. He's been shown to be filthy rich, he's been 'narrating' the whole story so far (though he only rarely interjects), something about him has always struck me as creative, and he's part of the DWLF... Hm.

Michael

You know, anyone with Fi's power could create an obscene amount of money.

Erie

Erie

Michael wrote:You know, anyone with Fi's power could create an obscene amount of money.

So possibly meta!Fi? Ooo, that would be fascinating! Do you think she might eventually meet up with some other facet of herself?

Katisanse

Michael wrote:You know, anyone with Fi's power could create an obscene amount of money.

but why does Fi have all this power anyway? I haven't seen anyone talking much about that. They said she should only be able to do things like pepper storms in her own dreamspace. Why can she do those things everywhere?

Erie

Erie

Katisanse wrote:but why does Fi have all this power anyway? I haven't seen anyone talking much about that. They said she should only be able to do things like pepper storms in her own dreamspace. Why can she do those things everywhere?

Someone on another post pointed out that Fi exited through the door she created rather than the one the janitor opened so, theoretically, everywhere she goes could be considered a part of her Dream Space.

Or, you know, she could be a crazy awesome dream warrior because she broke into Dream World in the first place.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Erie wrote:
Katisanse wrote:but why does Fi have all this power anyway? I haven't seen anyone talking much about that. They said she should only be able to do things like pepper storms in her own dreamspace. Why can she do those things everywhere?

Someone on another post pointed out that Fi exited through the door she created rather than the one the janitor opened so, theoretically, everywhere she goes could be considered a part of her Dream Space.

Or, you know, she could be a crazy awesome dream warrior because she broke into Dream World in the first place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvb_PjZFQ4U

Erie

Erie

Oh, YES. If YU:ME ever becomes a movie, this needs to be playing over the montage of their two year search or the inevitable fight. XD

20Theories and Ideas: Whose Clandy's original person? Lucy a spy? Empty Significance of middle names? Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:03 pm

Louisa

I can't help but notice that the name of Fiona's consience, Mary, is very similar to Fiona's middle name - Marie. (See also the donation comic). I'm guessing this was a deliberate thing to reflect how Fiona's conscience is another aspect of Fiona.

Which makes it very interesting that Lia's middle name is also very similar to Mary and Marie - if we assume that the book in comic 468 is written by Lia. If it's not, the implications could be even more interesting...

Thoughts?

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Louisa wrote:I can't help but notice that the name of Fiona's consience, Mary, is very similar to Fiona's middle name - Marie. (See also the donation comic). I'm guessing this was a deliberate thing to reflect how Fiona's conscience is another aspect of Fiona.

Which makes it very interesting that Lia's middle name is also very similar to Mary and Marie - if we assume that the book in comic 468 is written by Lia. If it's not, the implications could be even more interesting...

Thoughts?

I dunno, those implications actually kinda creep me out. That is if we're thinking the same thing. Lia is Fi's subconscience? Lol, I have no idea.

The more I think about how suspicious Lucy is the more I think maybe she's in love with Fi. They did actually kiss once upon a time when we all thought she was Sara.

carl-E

carl-E

AAAUUUGGHHH!!

I'm not sure which is getting tied into knots worse reading this thread; my brain, or my stomach...

BTW, it's nice to be "someone".

"Someone on another post pointed out that Fi exited through the door she created..."

"Someone did the maths in the other Clandy thread..."

I've been busy lately... but it's nice to see my humble ideas being taken seriously!

At this point, I respectfully quit speculating, and am now just enjoying the ride.

[bows gracefully, exits stage left]

Dinru

Dinru

I recently put something together that supports the "Clandy is Sadako's Conscience" Theory.

In the Intermission, Megan stated that she needed a not-white character for Sadako.

Clandy is pasty-white as can be. (Skin tones almost that light can actually exist in real life, and this is the dream world anyway so.)

Consciences are always a different race from their person.

carl-E

carl-E

OK, so Lia's dreaming in 1941, and is now meeting Sadako at a litttle tea party...

Obviously, it didn't work out. Has Lia been there the whole time, slipped into a coma that night and now can't wake up? Probably not immediately, she wrote that book - and then took control of her dreams and stayed...

Then the relationship went sour, and she couldn't get out. Living in the same town with an ex can be tough enough, but could you imagine being in dreamworld when you've fallen out with the ruler?

So I know I said "no more speculating", but I'm thinking...

Lia asks Fi a favor of love... to go back to the real world, find her, and wake her so she can escape dreamworld before she dies and is trapped there forever...?

This comic's like sex; the suspense and excitement is killing me, and I don't want it to end!

Nemye

On the subject of Clandy's original person, if it was Sadako, wouldn't that imply that Sadako is a real person? (Just like Lia or Fiona?)
I'm pretty sure it was stated that the dream-folk don't have consciences.
http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1346

Maybe once we find out more about her, she will have a background story too \o/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum