YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lucy is a TRAITOR!!!

+5
Futch
Siubh
darkrose072687
Megabyte
C
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 05, 2010 2:32 am

C

C

I knew it!!! And I'm not just saying that. How could Fiona trust a girl who helped make her life a living hell for the majority of her time in Dream World? (not to mention one with more then one face...)

2Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:50 am

Megabyte

As of her making Fiona's life a living hell in her dream... well, it was just the role she was supposed to fulfill. The face-thing is about the same. It's how she and many of the actors are.

If you want to even argue about Lucy being a traitor, then you should try discussing how she accepted the queen's mission when Fiona was "banned". But not much is know up to now.

3Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:57 pm

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

You can't really argue that she is a traitor yet honestly....all we have seen is that no face made Fiona sound like a bad person....we don't know the rest yet....she could have agreed to help them but then not really or anything could have happened along the way....only time will tell us...

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

4Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Sat Feb 06, 2010 1:53 am

C

C

OK, I'll admit, maybe I was a little hasty to label Lucy as a traitor. But I find it a little convenient that Fiona just happens upon a familiar (face?) who just happens to be the leader of the movement against the queen of Dreamland. Furthermore, Lucy seemed to be upset later on in the journey. What does she have to cry about? She has a motive. A chance to move on with her seemingly dead ended career. I am not calling Lucy evil. But she could very well be another pawn in Sadako's game (what ever that is). But like you said, this story is not over yet. So we'll just see, won't we?

5Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:39 am

Siubh

I don't think there's any doubt that Lucy's being recruited to spy on Fiona / Lia. That's clearly what Sadako wants.

I think, however, that as they travel and she learns bits and pieces, she realises that it was Sadako who changed the roles, and that she's still being used - hence the sadness later.

6Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:27 am

Megabyte

Siubh, that makes the most sense.

7Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:14 am

Futch

Futch

You know, it really bugs me that characters get branded as a traitor, and nothing more, when something like this happens. It's like "Oh, well she betrayed them, that means she's no longer a character, just a traitor." It's like all the other character traits are null. And really, can we even call it betrayal? She gave up the DWLF whereabouts to protect them. Stupid, naive, but not betrayal. Lucy is still Lucy, please don't write her off.

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

8Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:01 pm

Mask

Mask

Yeah, but the fact that she was part of the resistance means she should have never cooperated with No-Face to begin with. She could have given a fake address to buy time or warned them at the meeting to get out. Not to say that would have prevented Sadako from finding them later but it would have a least given them a chance.

Now I don't think she's evil or on Sadako's side but I do think she made a really really bad decision.

So food for thought: When No-face says they'll get no more than 10 years in prison, (if we take him at his word like I assume Lucy did) is it a good deal? Is 10 years in dream world time less sever than real world time? Do the dream world people live longer lives or just dreamers that get trapped in dream world?

9Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:14 pm

Louisa

Regardless of the lifespan of dreamworlders, most people would consider 10 years in prison to be a better deal than death.

10Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:31 pm

Mask

Mask

Louisa wrote:Regardless of the lifespan of dreamworlders, most people would consider 10 years in prison to be a better deal than death.

Maybe not in Sadako's prison?

Though Lia's was really nice, but she needed to use Lia later. So special case, y/n?

Your right. But I'm trying to figure out if these supposed ten years in prison are meant to be a slap on the wrist and a show of power or a serious punishment.

11Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:24 am

Mikkhail

Mikkhail

I'd say she isn't the nicest person or isn't the brightest, being that she could have
warned them. But I'm not going to judge her or hate her, now, I still love the character. Hopefully there will be some s'plaining or redeeming. Either way, I also kinda saw this coming and can't wait to see how it goes from here. : ]

12Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Empty Re: Lucy is a TRAITOR!!! Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:10 am

Kugai

Kugai

I think Lucy is more a pawn than a traitor in the true sense of the word. She's probably going to be the first to admit she was weak in giving in to Noface, but she did it for what she initially saw as the right reason - to save her friends lives.

I think Lucy is more of a tragic figure than anything, which is why I compared her to Londo Mollari in one post.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum