YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 22 of 28]

526CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:11 am

Faenir

Faenir

Well, i would say that is a very serious and mature mythology (not saying that in a bad way, but a good one). It's true, most people, at least people who have tasted stressful situations (nothing much, simply driving in a traffic jam for a week, for example), have there, beneath our logic and conscience (not the angel like person, the reasonable way of thinking mankind has developed), the impulses of doing stupid and even evil things.

Ir's our self-control and established society morales (and reasoning) that makes us all live in a society. If you call all that "conscience", by taking that out and pissing off someone, you never know what can happen.
A killing spree, manipulating people like puppets.... the effects of losing the "conscience" is not always the same, each one will respond in a different way. But it will never be a good way.

Everyone has the potential to be evil, that's a fact. In the words of Obi Wan Kenobi, "seach your feelings" Wink

But yeah, takes some maturity to realize and accept that, that's why i said that first line to start this reply. And that is good, i like this kind of argumentation n a comic, being it true or not.

----

On a lighter note, i'm happy to see Fi back with her glasses... did they took it away from her when she was arrested? I wonder if she could see right through the rest of issue 14 =P

527CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:32 am

Megabyte

One interesting thing: this is a flashback from 6 months ago. Shouldn't Fiona (and Mary) be wearing their disguises (Mary being a "white chick", for instance)?

528CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:19 pm

Wisdom Thumbs

Wisdom Thumbs

Who's to say they didn't take their disguises off when they were alone?

Anyway, the new page is nice. Very Happy

http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php

529CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:05 am

Xshu

Well yes, of course everyone has the potential to be evil, but we also have the potential to be good. The issue I have here is that our potential to be good in YU+ME is presented as outside influence, while our potential to be evil is presented as innate. I find this rather cynical.

530CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:25 am

adam

I'm reminded of an old Calvin & Hobbes strip.

Calvin: Do you believe in the Devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of Man?
Hobbes: I'm not sure that Man needs the help.

531CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:26 am

RD

I think Mara/Lia greatly misjudged a fair number of things. Silly girl.

532CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

RD wrote:I think Mara/Lia greatly misjudged a fair number of things. Silly girl.

Indeed.

Methinks she shouldn't under estimate The Queen of Nod...Razz

<3 Fi is bad ass on this page!

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

533CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 5:53 pm

Ana

Oh god, look at Fiona's hair floating upwards, like Sadako's and the old king's used to.

Megabyte wrote:Shouldn't Fiona (and Mary) be wearing their disguises (Mary being a "white chick", for instance)?

You're forgetting a lot of stuff. Clandy blew their cover when trying to mind synch with Fiona, which undid both their disguises - that was why Mary got caught. Then Fiona and Clandy 'bumped' into Lucy in the middle of a little girl's dream, and Lucy asked said girl to turn Fiona into a fairy princess. That's where she got those glasses, the short pink hair, the buttoney nose... the facial features are different from her normal ones. As for Mary, until they got to quieter places, she didn't have a choice but to disguise herself the old-fashioned way - scarf and hat.

534CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:27 pm

Sporadic

carl-E wrote:Wow, I'm gone for a few days, and... wow.

My thoughts precisely.

The thing I've mainly been blown away by, I've got to say, is the amazing philosophical discussion. That, IMHO, is the most powerful testament to the awesomeness of this comic Cool

535CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Ana wrote:Oh god, look at Fiona's hair floating upwards, like Sadako's and the old king's used to.

Megabyte wrote:Shouldn't Fiona (and Mary) be wearing their disguises (Mary being a "white chick", for instance)?

You're forgetting a lot of stuff. Clandy blew their cover when trying to mind synch with Fiona, which undid both their disguises - that was why Mary got caught. Then Fiona and Clandy 'bumped' into Lucy in the middle of a little girl's dream, and Lucy asked said girl to turn Fiona into a fairy princess. That's where she got those glasses, the short pink hair, the buttoney nose... the facial features are different from her normal ones. As for Mary, until they got to quieter places, she didn't have a choice but to disguise herself the old-fashioned way - scarf and hat.

You win this week's best reader award for both understanding/remembering stuff, and for linking to it all!

http://rosalarian.com

536CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 pm

after all

after all

So last night I had this dream where I was trying really really hard to post on this board, but the internet kept malfunctioning. And the whole board was programmed to display the messages in Megan's handwriting. And the thing I was trying to post was me asking for Megan's permission to write very adult fanfiction about Fiona and Sadako.* What the hell, brain.

Anyway, I think Mara is so far gone from having a conscience that she doesn't really understand how they work. She thinks Mary won't allow Fiona to do anything violent at all, even if it means stopping Mara-- it's sort of funny that the reality of the situation is way, way different, where Mary told Fiona off for wanting to let Mara be. It sort of seems like she thinks having a conscience means you can't do anything fun.

And on a more somber note, Mara had a few days between when she escaped and when Fiona's confronting her now, right? There better have been no way at all to stop her without taking those few days to do whatever they were doing, because I'm betting she didn't waste any time in racking up a body count.

*um, so can I?

537CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:04 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

after all wrote:So last night I had this dream where I was trying really really hard to post on this board, but the internet kept malfunctioning. And the whole board was programmed to display the messages in Megan's handwriting. And the thing I was trying to post was me asking for Megan's permission to write very adult fanfiction about Fiona and Sadako.* What the hell, brain.

*um, so can I?

By all means.

http://rosalarian.com

538CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:47 am

Kugai

Kugai

I definitely think that Lia has underestimated Fi here - by a country mile.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

539CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:59 am

Faenir

Faenir

Indeed, she wasn't expecting that!
I wonder what will actually happen now! There is realy no telling!

Oh and by the way Mara speaks, she looks to be quiet lireraly "another person" when she is without her conscience

540CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:23 am

kowaiusagi

kowaiusagi

Wait... where's Lia's conscience? Why don't they try restoring it to her? Or did I just miss something (entirely possible)?

Also: I never want this comic to end, but the ending is also turning out really amazingly! I can't wait to see what happens...

541CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:39 pm

Katisanse

kowaiusagi wrote:Wait... where's Lia's conscience? Why don't they try restoring it to her? Or did I just miss something (entirely possible)?

That is the same question I am asking! Seems lie they maybe could have spent the two days in lag time finding her? Or maybe that is the important thing they had Don do? Or if Lia/Mara killed her (it was implied that Sadako maid Lia kill someone to send her back over the edge) shouldn't they/we have found out by now?
I am freaking out! Even if this is a ruse by Mary and Fi to bring Lia back out with love or something, it is way too stressful!

542CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:38 pm

Faenir

Faenir

That was a great page!
Fi`s and Mary`s argumentation is perfect, and they are trying to talk Mara out of Lia without her conscience! Sadako said Mara is weak, so maybe the certainty of death can make her "go away"? It`s a hell of a long con, [lost]like sawyer said[/lost], but it`s a chance..

Also, Sadako didn`t made Lia kill her conscience, she said here that she would bring her back after Mara killed Fi...
I actually think that one couldn't kill his own conscience, even as Mara, as the proximity to the conscience would make her stop and realize what she did.

This end is thrilling! When is the next update again? Razz

543CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:37 am

TheNozomi

Aw... I was rooting for the little girl, too. :\

544CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 1:52 am

Katisanse

yikes!
I just now the ending isn't going to be all sunshine and roses. and the outlook isn't too good for Lia coming back out of Mara. . .
I am so freaking out! I have been checking every night at midnight for the update. and once again I am on the edge of my seat when the weekend arrives

545CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:50 am

Kugai

Kugai

Oh dear, always the just too late arrival.

It's going to be interesting to see what happens when Lia finally reconnects with her Conscience.

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

546CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:52 am

ybtolerant

Sooooo for the past oh , about two hours now I've gone through and read from the end of Fi's dream where her and Lia are separated all the way through Lucy and Sadako's life and Don's story so far, and I honestly think there's hope for Lia,....
I mean come on, She was just with Fi in bed not too long ago, conscience was taken away then bit by bit turning back to Mara because of Sadako's encouragement- but yet the first person she goes to stab was Sadako out of apparent anger towards her... and Yes I know Mara may be crazy -- but while Fi talks to Clandy/Himitsu & Sadako and then kills her- Mara's what? Just standing by not doing anything? Fi is REAL strong now that I think about it... She's holding on to her conscience and remember the first time Mara + conscience happened? The last update was intense, Himitsu with Don and Mara popping the neck on that little girl Sad But call me crazy for holding on to my wee bit hope cus I don't mind ^_^

547CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 4:59 am

Xshu

Tsk tsk tsk. Oh Lia. It may not have been unexpected, but that doesn't make it any less disappointing.

548CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:05 am

Ana

A million is a statistic indeed.

Come on. She killed thousands of innocents in ways much more cruel than an instant death and you guys only now say 'oh my god, she really is a monster'?

This having an extra effect on Lia because she did it in front of Fiona, and the family and the body are right there? Yes. This having an extra efect because OMIGOD she killed a little girl? No.

549CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:07 am

Smurgleburf

There was very little build up to her previous murders, and they were only shown very briefly. This had build up and tension. Imo, that makes it more significant, from the perspective of the reader.

550CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 22 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:39 am

Faenir

Faenir

True, it`the first kill we get to see "fully", and it comes right our Fi trying to convince her to stop... or get killed!
So that is to prove that Fi can`t talk Mara into anything, but true, that doesn't make her more evil, just as much as expected!

i had something else to say, but i forgot u_u

Anyway, on a completely different (and silly) note, has it been discussed why Fi shows up with no glasses on Sadako`s castle? Was it taken away from her when she was captured by the harpies? that would be mean =P

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 22 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum