YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 40]

251CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:01 pm

Michael

Fi never looked quite like that, but then Fi was never actually without a conscience. Sure, she was away from her own, but Clandy can actually do the conscience thing pretty well at a push.

252CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 am

la_chinchilla

O_O Wow. WTF, Lia?

253CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:07 am

Smurgleburf

Wow. So this seems like a completely inexplicable, total 180 character change, with not enough reason backed up enough for me to buy it at all.

But whatever. Maybe it's just the loss of the conscience.

Either way, Lia's a total bitch.

Last edited by Smurgleburf on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:14 am; edited 1 time in total

254CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 am

Silverfish

wowwww. big turnaround. i was NOT PREPARED FOR THISSSS. seems just a little extreme.... Im kind've scared. I was really enjoying part two even more than part one, but this just freaked me out a smidge.

255CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:15 am

Futch

Futch

This is an interesting turn... I wonder how hard it will hit her when she gets her conscience back?

Last edited by Futch on Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

256CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 am

Hiraku

Eeek!! Lia!? Shocked Wonder if she can beat Freddy.

Also. Mara's name of a demon in Buddist myth too

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

257CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:16 am

Mrs. Abject

Wow, Lia... just wow.
I did NOT see that coming.

258CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:30 am

Zelknolf

*called it!*

But, yeah. There goes any sympathy for Lia, unless the comic is gonna try to challenge free will, and that's a hard sell. Now comes the nifty question: how will Fi react to having just pounced on a serial killer ghost? :3

259CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 am

Futch

Futch

You forget that Lia appears to have her conscience back now. So I'm assuming one day she'll have had to own up to all this, which wouldn't have been easy. Could you live with yourself after that? Lia is far from irredeemable

260CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:52 am

Smurgleburf

Somehow I think years of murder and torture is p. irredeemable, but I guess that's just my silly humanitarianism talking.

She may not be doing it anymore, but she hardly deserves a clean slate.

261CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 am

Futch

Futch

This is fiction. Lia is a character. All Characters are redeemable if the author know what she's doing. I'm sure Megan know's what she's doing. She isn't going to be like "Gotcha Lia's secretly a serial killer and that's all she'll ever be, lawl, I guess Fi has to leave her now."

262CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

I think the new page is pretty awesome. It's so morbid and dark without using dark colors at all. That is awesome.

Um, Lia, I think you've got a really dark side, and your conscience was just keeping you in check, but somewhere inside there's a part of you that's like that, you've got some issues. Fi may have made her a better person. Could it be Lia got into Fi's dream to humiliate/torture her, but ended up falling in love? And that's why there were so many rewrites? It just makes me want to know more why Sadako's is reprimanding Lia's conscience in this page.

Or it could be that Lia's this way now, not because she doesn't have her conscience, but because Sadako warped it?

And Lia is not a serial killer, she didn't actually kill anyone. And when people wake up, the nightmares aren't real anymore. Still messed up, but not as messed up as some of you are making it out to be.

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

263CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 am

Futch

Futch

Hmm, I don't know if she's only killing dreamers. I think she's killing people in the actual dreamworld, like the citizens. So I think they stay dead.

But, if Lia's conscience WAS warped, somebody should warn Mary. Because last we saw, they were sitting next to each other on a secluded bench.

264CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 am

Smurgleburf

"Murdered and tortured my way across Dreamworld..."

Sure sounds like a serial killer to me. Just sayin'.

265CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:12 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Futch wrote:Hmm, I don't know if she's only killing dreamers. I think she's killing people in the actual dreamworld, like the citizens. So I think they stay dead.

But, if Lia's conscience WAS warped, somebody should warn Mary. Because last we saw, they were sitting next to each other on a secluded bench.

Ooh, good point. I certainly hope that isn't the case. But... how to dreamworlders die? Can they die? I know the Baku can consume them, therefore I assume they blink out of existence. But can they die?

Lol, I hope Mary's ok too.

266CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Smurgleburf wrote:"Murdered and tortured my way across Dreamworld..."

Sure sounds like a serial killer to me. Just sayin'.
You could murder someone in a dream, can't you? I'm just being hopeful though. Maybe.

267CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 am

Futch

Futch

Hah. It just occured to me that tomorrow's update will be Lia saying "Gotcha! HAH! But seriously though, I was an a-hole."

268CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:34 am

BlueCanary1

BlueCanary1

Wow! Lia looks absolutely beautiful at the bottom, with her hair flowing and covered in blood. I mean... wow.
Also, when I saw Mara, I totally went to Buddhism. Such a great reference. I didn't even know that it meant "nightmare." What language is that?

269CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:58 am

maymay

maymay

@BlueCanary1: It's an archaic word in my language, Polish Smile. The whole phrase for nightmare was "nocna mara", now you'd say it differently though. But I think Megan could've taken it from a number of other Slavic languages.

http://mayflycrow.deviantart.com/

270CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:46 am

Michael

I'm sticking with my theory that Fi's dream was a scheme to reunite Lia and her conscience.

271CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:01 am

edispee

edispee

Wow. Seriously, Lia? Just run away from Sadako and become the worst terror in DreamLand with the excuse that you have no conscience. Because that's the excuse of a sociopath.
I can imagine the next panel showing Fi's face with big eyes and an open mouth in shock. I mean, she handled the fact that her girlfriend is hella old, but now she's a murderer? Ho-boy. Can't wait to see this tangled web unraveled, Megan!

272CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:30 am

carl-E

carl-E

Yeah, I was pretty surprised by this turn of events. Never a dull moment!

I can't remember the time conversions, though - centuries of murder ad mayhem in dreamtime? She lived with "George" for "decades". I know there's a conversion factor, but I couldn't find it.

Still, dreamworld must spin pretty fast on it's axis for time to pass so quickly.

...which explains that dizzy feeling I have when I wake up...

273CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:39 am

Michael

carl-E wrote:I can't remember the time conversions, though - centuries of murder ad mayhem in dreamtime? She lived with "George" for "decades". I know there's a conversion factor, but I couldn't find it.

14:1

edispee wrote:that's the excuse of a sociopath.

Which is what Fi thought Don was because he doesn't have a conscience. Consciences seem to be very important in this. When Fi was without hers she threatened to tear out Don's kidneys and eat them.

274CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:57 am

Mrs. Abject

Michael wrote:
carl-E wrote:I can't remember the time conversions, though - centuries of murder ad mayhem in dreamtime? She lived with "George" for "decades". I know there's a conversion factor, but I couldn't find it.

14:1

edispee wrote:that's the excuse of a sociopath.

Which is what Fi thought Don was because he doesn't have a conscience. Consciences seem to be very important in this. When Fi was without hers she threatened to tear out Don's kidneys and eat them.

Right, but did she mean it literally? People say violent-sounding things all the time without meaning to act on them. It's a far leap from saying something really nasty in the heat of anger to TURNING YOUR HANDS INTO DRILLS AND PUTTING HOLES IN PEOPLE JUST FOR KICKS. Maybe Megan may not think this page is well-drawn, but it did what it was supposed to do and fuck, I am going to have nightmares now. D:

I really used to like Lia. I've been relating to her more and more throughout this chapter, and now... this. I mean, it's not like I don't ever like characters who do horrible things. Sometimes I do. Sometimes I even ship them with other characters and want them to have romance and/or sex. There's something appealing about a villain, some of the time. But... I like them as villains, not as good people, and I want them to receive their comeuppance. And it's going to take a LOT for me to be able to consider Lia a good character again after this. Still like YU+ME, just... whoa, cannot see Lia the same way now.

275CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 11 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 am

shanidl

What? But Lia's so sweet and cute... well at least i thought she was Sad.

Didn't see that coming. Can't wait to see Fi's reaction to all this.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum