YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clandestine Jones ((POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!))

+31
Megan Rose
Ningyo
Girlfiend
Leth
Tanais
AmberlyssaRoig
Jim North
FanOfFiona
Kugai
Edvard Munch
Lyssterine
TJ
Futch
Mrs. Abject
Mercury
Somnimiles
Shell
Clawdee
Divine Right
douglas
axeslade
Eldan
Nicole
Silverware
Kousagi
Flyinglemon
reba
Midean
Everest
nekomafin
Dinru
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Leth

I'm not sure if anyone pointed this out before, but - http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1041

Everest

Okay, I posted this thought in the CBox, but I might as well share it here. There are a few bits of evidence presented in the last chapter that give us a bit of a clue to what Clandy is.
  • It's implied that the Dream World is not the same "area" as the one where Consciences generally live. Aside from the comic's many implications, Megan flat out says (in the commentary for page 599) that Fi's coma was the first time Mary had visited the Dream World. This implies that the two worlds, while connected, are very independent of each other.
  • Enid, Mary's roommate, is clearly living in the world of consciences (We can't say the same about Clandy living in the dream world. Remember, we only saw her on the train there.)
  • Enid looks a heck of a lot like Clandy (they're the only ones drawn with dot-eyes, noses that are small, featureless, and round, and no lips)
  • The fact that all consciences seen so far seem to resemble the people they "work for" can't be a coincidence.
  • Clandy and Enid have eerily simple facial features...
  • And, of course, Mary seems to believe it's a genuine possibility for Clandy to be her replacement. What if, when such things become formalized, a "blank conscience" starts to take on a physical resemblance to the person they're with?

Okay, there are a couple of major problems with this theory. One, Jake suggests that because she is what she is, she may be untrustworthy. I can't think of a reason a blank conscience should be untrustworthy. The other is that we never see Mary with the ability to inflict dream-like hallucinations on people. In all likelihood, this theory is completely wrong, but hey, I'm throwing it out there.

Girlfiend

Girlfiend

Lia is real and Clandy is her conscience? Maybe?

http:///www.girlfiendcomics.com

Ningyo

Ningyo

Everest wrote:One, Jake suggests that because she is what she is, she may be untrustworthy.

Do you mean Don? He just said it was risky to have her around. http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1310
I dunno why she'd be risky, tho. Maybe just 'cause she's so crazy she might mess up their plans.

Everest

Ah, yeah, you're absolutely right. I mean Don. Clearly I was only half awake when I composed that post.

Edvard Munch

Edvard Munch

I'm in semi-agreement with Futch - I also believe Clandy to be a Chimera, specifically a Baku or dream eater (refer to:http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1485.)

It IS also possible that she is Sadako's conscience as well...(not really ... Neutral) OR her twin, lmao, if Sadako can create/manipulate dreams and nightmares then Clandy as conscience (or her yin/yang twin) can destroy them.
The perfect balance.

Nice theorising AmberlyssaRoig, although i see Sadako as THE "super ego". Razz Laughing

Dinru

Dinru

Clandy was just canonically confirmed as a Consience. Makes this thread kinda obsolete huh.

Jim North

Jim North

She lies!

It's a conspiracy!

Fix fic! Someone write a fix fic, quick!

http://jimnorth.deviantart.com

Edvard Munch

Edvard Munch

Yep, I understand how you feel Jim (hey...YOU write the fix fic, t'was your idea Razz). Now i guess we all wait and speculate as to whose conscience she was/is... *sigh*

And if Clandy is not, then who is the Baku and have we met him/her yet?!

Jim North

Jim North

"Hey . . . did they send you to replace me?"

Clandestine Jones turned slowly to face Mary, showing even more incomprehension than usual. "What?"

"You're a conscience, right?" Mary asked unhappily. "I saw what you-"

"What?!" Clandy repeated in shock. "No no no! I'm just a Hallucination. I make with the crazy thoughts!"

Mary blinked rapidly. "Oh," she said simply, then dropped the subject.

It was never mentioned again.

(PS, I actually don't have any problem with Clandy being a de-personed Conscience . . . I'm just miffed that I guessed wrong. Clandestine Jones ((POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!)) - Page 4 Jim_wink01)

http://jimnorth.deviantart.com

Nicole

Nicole

So... does any one know what year it is in the comic? I am curious because I was wondering if Megan gave a specific date to coincide with a real historical person who maybe did something to suggest they lost their conscience. Long shot probably but it would be interesting. Or it could just be Sadako or someone.

Dinru

Dinru

Yu+Me takes place in the year of 2004.

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

2004/2005-ish, actually. My timeline as far as the real world goes isn't exact, but I think by the time Fiona went back to sleep, it was 2005 by that point. I never explicitly state that in the comic, and maybe I should, but I've mentioned it in the notes underneath a few times.

http://rosalarian.com

Dinru

Dinru

Oh, oops xD I thought you wrote that the story takes place in 2004 in the most recent of those notes to my recollection. But I guess I didn't check so xD

Michael

So somebody either died or turned evil/sociopathic in 1870. Specified to be female...

Naah, too vague.

Dinru

Dinru

Michael wrote:So somebody either died or turned evil/sociopathic in 1870. Specified to be female...

Naah, too vague.

Sadako took over the dream world in 1870... Hm... Yeah. Too vague. Hum dee dum.

Michael

Does it say somewhere that she took over then?

Dinru

Dinru

Michael wrote:Does it say somewhere that she took over then?

On page 525, right next to her portrait. (Page one of the manual)

Michael

Score.

Mrs. Abject

This might be a red herring-- we have no idea when Lia, if real, died/coma'd. She has another conscience, but Mary implied that consciences could be replaced if they messed up enough. Clandestine, like Enid, is rather nondescript-looking, which is possibly what happens when they go long enough without having their person. Clandy has no idea what her person looks like anymore, so probably her appearance doesn't need to reflect that.

What if Lia and Sadako aren't separate entities, and both have Clandy as their conscience?

Michael

Am I the only person who thinks that Clandy is turning into Fi's new conscience? I'm thinking in particular about the recent outpouring about what happenned when she disappeared. That sounds very much like a conversation with her conscience, which she's having with Clandestine.

Ulven

Dont forget, Clandy does mention that she hasnt seen her person a long time and that her person lost her in comic 614

Michael

Ulven wrote:Dont forget, Clandy does mention that she hasnt seen her person a long time and that her person lost her in comic 614

Indeed, around 1870 when Sadako took over the dream world.

rainlover

rainlover

Mrs. Abject wrote:This might be a red herring-- we have no idea when Lia, if real, died/coma'd. She has another conscience, but Mary implied that consciences could be replaced if they messed up enough.

Do we know what happens when the dream process ends? For all we know, it could last a night in the real world, and Lia could have just woken up after one night's sleep. Which could also explain why Fi can't find her now, but is still getting sporadic 'sightings' of her. If Lia falls asleep and randomly appears in different parts of dreamworld...

Kaleidoscopic

Part of this is stolen from someone else.
Sadako is one part of a 'Ying and Yang' duo.
Meaning, she is the opposite of someone, yet she has a strong connection to her opposite.
I think Sadako is the 'Nightmare' and Clandy is 'Dream', and will eventually save the day from Sadako.
Maybe Clandy is Sadako's conscience - but was born with her, or only created upon Sadako's entrance to the dream world, to 'save the day', in a way, and eventually bring Sadako down..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum