YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Have questions?

+28
Foof
maymay
grim
euphoriosa
TheResult
tropikitt
Ingrid
Michael
Dgcakes
Mvibes
darkrose072687
pinecone
Louisa
imirishletshug
Jim North
Branchlaw
Hiraku
Flyinglemon
Dinru
YazzyDream
Mrs. Abject
Megan Rose
Futch
Avi den Kanashimi
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Everest
freakingdork
32 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:50 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Dinru wrote:Hey, if the Dream World planet is larger than Jupiter, how are they able to walk around, what with all of that gravity?

Just cuz it has grass, appears to be round, seems to have gravity laws in effect, doesn't mean it has the same rules as reality. I mean, afterall, animals talk, there are all these doors to like, millions and millions of people's dreamspaces, and a kitten sitting on someone's head keeps them warm. Maybe it's not even round, it just appears round. Razz We don't know. We haven't been given a ton of information in that respect. While it is mentioned that it is similar in size as Jupiter in some way (I don't remember the exact line), perhaps the Dream People were just using a metaphor (?) that Fi would understand.

I don't know the exact answer, but this is what I've assumed from what I know.

27Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:13 am

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

freakingdork wrote:
Dinru wrote:Hey, if the Dream World planet is larger than Jupiter, how are they able to walk around, what with all of that gravity?

Just cuz it has grass, appears to be round, seems to have gravity laws in effect, doesn't mean it has the same rules as reality. I mean, afterall, animals talk, there are all these doors to like, millions and millions of people's dreamspaces, and a kitten sitting on someone's head keeps them warm. Maybe it's not even round, it just appears round. Razz We don't know. We haven't been given a ton of information in that respect. While it is mentioned that it is similar in size as Jupiter in some way (I don't remember the exact line), perhaps the Dream People were just using a metaphor (?) that Fi would understand.

I don't know the exact answer, but this is what I've assumed from what I know.
Maybe it's like the inside of a Dyson Sphere.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyson_sphere
It might have the requisite surface area? Any scientific difficulties associated with it could be handwaved with magic.

28Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:10 pm

Hiraku

There is one thing that I have been wondering...

This might have been answered already somewhere, but how do we know that what's going on right now with Fiona isn't just another "movie set" designed by Sadako just to mess with her? I get the feeling that Sadako is somewhat of an omniscient being in the dreamscape. No way she'd let Fiona wander about without screwing with her head.

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

29Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:58 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Hiraku wrote:There is one thing that I have been wondering...

This might have been answered already somewhere, but how do we know that what's going on right now with Fiona isn't just another "movie set" designed by Sadako just to mess with her? I get the feeling that Sadako is somewhat of an omniscient being in the dreamscape. No way she'd let Fiona wander about without screwing with her head.

I haven't seen it discussed anywhere, but honestly, I don't think we know.

30Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:13 pm

Branchlaw

I don't think it's been discussed yet, but how long is a DW resident's lifespan compared to that of a Real World resident? Do DW residents die normal deaths or is it only in the case of being killed (mermaid burgers)?

31Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:19 pm

Hiraku

Just out of general curiosity.

When you guys read Yu+Me, and you see the characters, what KIND of voices do you imagine in your head when, say, Fiona or Lia or Don talks?

For some reason, I pictured Fiona's voice to be a bit scratchy. Kinda like... Disney's Pepper Ann (Must be the redhead)
For Lia, my head keeps changing her pitch. Most of the time, I pictured her voice to be pretty high, though, while the bed scene, for some reason, led me to think her voice to be a more mature woman.
Sara/Lucy's voice has the highest pitch of all in my head.

http://hiraku536.webs.com/

32Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Thu Dec 24, 2009 3:30 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Hiraku wrote:
For some reason, I pictured Fiona's voice to be a bit scratchy. Kinda like... Disney's Pepper Ann (Must be the redhead)

lol. You're not the first person to compare her to Pepper Ann! I loved that show.

http://rosalarian.com

33Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:13 am

Jim North

Jim North

They all sound like Donald Duck to me.

http://jimnorth.deviantart.com

34Have questions? - Page 2 Empty woops Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:21 am

imirishletshug

I accidentally made this a new topic but it was meant to go here. Sorry :-P

This is a question in regards to the newest page. Lia said that only Don and "Jake" know about the relationship, but I thought the whole thing was a TV show? How much of Fi's life is recorded? Like, when Sadako comes over for dinner, is that recorded? Or when Lia and Fi get caught in the bathroom by Sarah/Lucy? Cuz if that was recorded wouldn't Sadako know about it then?

35Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:39 am

Louisa

Does Lia's conscience have a name? I can't remember ever seeing it mentioned.

36Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:44 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

It hasn't been mentioned. Don't know if it will be.

37Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:54 pm

pinecone

pinecone

Here's something that I don't recall seeing an explanation for:

Why was the Fiona coma dream so universally well known in Dreamland? Was it just because it was such a long one? Or was there a specific reason?

And if it was that famous, wouldn't all the people who appeared in it have become celebrities?

38Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:09 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

pinecone wrote:Here's something that I don't recall seeing an explanation for:

Why was the Fiona coma dream so universally well known in Dreamland? Was it just because it was such a long one? Or was there a specific reason?

And if it was that famous, wouldn't all the people who appeared in it have become celebrities?

Think of it as a cult classic. It's not mainstream enough for everyone in it to become celebrities, and a lot of them fade into obscurity (like Lucy). But others make it big (like Sebastian).

Plus, with the head-switching, it's harder to tell who's who from dream to dream.

39Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:13 pm

pinecone

pinecone

I've also been pondering about how dream magic works...

It seems like Fiona can create anything she can think of. Doesn't that mean she can wish away troubles? Or how about making a compass that pointed to Lia? How about wishing away the birds that have come for them?

40Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:42 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

pinecone wrote:I've also been pondering about how dream magic works...

It seems like Fiona can create anything she can think of. Doesn't that mean she can wish away troubles? Or how about making a compass that pointed to Lia? How about wishing away the birds that have come for them?

She has to think up the idea first, and none of those ideas occurred to her. If they did, though, she could do them. Sort of.

41Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:53 am

pinecone

pinecone

Thanks for the replies!

Here's one I've puzzled over:

I'm confused about the assignment of Consciences to people. Mary was fired from the role of Fiona's Conscience in her dream. But that seemed to carry over into the "real" dream world too: we see Fiona was assigned a new one in your bonus story. Are all Consciences given lines to say, or only when they are cast as Consciences in dreams?

And do Consciences get to speak to their people in the real real world too? I.e., if Sadako assigns a Conscience to someone, can that voice influence them when they are awake?

And is there a higher authority than Sadako at work? After all, she had one assigned to her. Or was that just by the previous ruler of dreamland?

Questions questions.

42Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:53 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

Is it ok if I use my favorite picture by Megan EVER as my avatar?!?....its the In_the_park image from her DA o.O (not even sure it would look ok but I wanted to ask if it is ok if we use her pictures for our avatars since they are hers after all)

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

43Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:10 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

darkrose072687 wrote:Is it ok if I use my favorite picture by Megan EVER as my avatar?!?....its the In_the_park image from her DA o.O (not even sure it would look ok but I wanted to ask if it is ok if we use her pictures for our avatars since they are hers after all)

It's okay to use them on here, and elsewhere with credit.

44Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:34 pm

Mvibes

I was wondering....

So Lia was..I dont know early-mid 20s when she "died" so then why was she Fi's age when the dream started? And then when Fi finds her again she looks older...

Im confused. I mean since its about 2 weeks for every RW day then wouldnt the people age faster or at least noticably in Fi's dream? And if they age slower how come she aged so quickly/normally when they were not in the dream (but still in dream world). And how is it that Lia looked Fi's age in the dream but not when she died?

45Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:13 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Mvibes wrote:I was wondering....

So Lia was..I dont know early-mid 20s when she "died" so then why was she Fi's age when the dream started? And then when Fi finds her again she looks older...

Im confused. I mean since its about 2 weeks for every RW day then wouldnt the people age faster or at least noticably in Fi's dream? And if they age slower how come she aged so quickly/normally when they were not in the dream (but still in dream world). And how is it that Lia looked Fi's age in the dream but not when she died?

Lia can control a lot of things in the Dream World / Nod. Her appearance is one of those things. She made herself younger for Fi's dream, and went back to being older when it was done.

46Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:27 am

Dgcakes

Megan Rose wrote:
Lia can control a lot of things in the Dream World / Nod. Her appearance is one of those things. She made herself younger for Fi's dream, and went back to being older when it was done.
Does this mean I get to call Lia a cougar? Very Happy

47Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:16 am

Michael

Dgcakes wrote:Does this mean I get to call Lia a cougar? Very Happy
Fi already called her that. (Page 687)

48Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:40 am

Dgcakes

Michael wrote:
Dgcakes wrote:Does this mean I get to call Lia a cougar? Very Happy
Fi already called her that. (Page 687)
damn, shows how blind I am. XD thank you

49Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:17 pm

Ingrid

How old are Sadako and Ellie during the current story? I tried to gauge it by hem length, but it doesn't really work unless you have a ruler and the real dress. XD

50Have questions? - Page 2 Empty Re: Have questions? Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:36 pm

Dinru

Dinru

Ingrid wrote:How old are Sadako and Ellie during the current story? I tried to gauge it by hem length, but it doesn't really work unless you have a ruler and the real dress. XD

Probably early teens, since Sadako obviously has sexual feelings but they don't look very old.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum