YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why do you love YU+ME?

+25
PlinkoChips
Ami
rainlover
carl-E
copernicus
Avi den Kanashimi
sethtriggs
Flyinglemon
freakingdork
Kyon
TJ
Edvard Munch
Delicious Gin
RainbowSprinkles
newslang06
Somnimiles
Luridel
Eldan
Nicole
Everest
Midean
Silverware
douglas
axeslade
Danaidae
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Thu May 28, 2009 4:52 am

copernicus

copernicus

I found yu+me while looking for good lgbt comics because my girlfriend kept sending me boring manga school girl huge boob cliche ones. I was really hoping for some punky ones, but I gave up on that real quick..anyway! I love yu+me because of the art and the characters and the effort to make a compelling story.
I relate with Fiona on a lot of levels, what with the glasses and the poof-hair,and unpopularity. But the relation I feel with her is connected to the person I was when I was younger. Now, I relate to Don way more. Like a Star @ heaven <--its a star:D
sorry this is a giant run-on sentence. TOO TIRED FOR GRAMMAR!

27Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:03 am

carl-E

carl-E

I came here recently, linked from the guest strip in QC (and if you don't read QC, start now)! At first, the love story drew me in. I'm neither gay nor female, but that sense of love, especially young love, is something you never forget. That, and I was the only non-catholic at an all boy's Jesuit high school. I was the AV crew. A total geek, nerd and outcast. The only advantage to being non-catholic was that I was excused from religion class, and got to run lights and sound when they held mass in the auditorium. And if you think Sister Mary was bad, you never met Fr. Greer!

I went through the whole damn archive in a little less than 36 hours. Coming up on the twist, I think my heart was close to bursting with joy for Fiona! Then came the horrible denial and heartwrenching pull back to the real world. I was crying, not for the first time, but I couldn't stop for a while. The story really touched me.

Now, post-twist, I'm in it for another reason. Sure, I want Lia to be found, and happiness to break out (it will, won't it?) but it's appealing to my sci-Fi/fantasy side more than the romantic in me. I mentioned this somewhere else, too, but it reminds me of one of my favorite authors, Clifford Simak. He was a pulp author through the 50's and 60's (I think), and he had a real knack for character driven work. He'd take a real, relatively normal person, in a normal situation, then everything would slip sideways into some bizarre alternate reality, where the "hero" would overcome "normality" and save the day. Or at least, his skin. And here we have Fiona, showing her new found strength, pulling together a band of revolutionaries, and soon saving the day. Well, I hope at least saving Don. Lia would be good, too.

At the very least, she's saving me. I've been stuck in a loveless relationship for half my life now, and I've finally made some decisions. Nothing heroic, but it's a start. As a man who decided that he could live without love ("you can get used to anything" was my motto), this story has reminded me that it's not worth giving up on love. Fi could have given up. We all could have, at some point, and I actually did for quite a while. But can you really call it living?

Anyway, I'm in for the long haul. And this has got to be the best webcomic forum I've seen yet! Thanks, everyone.

28Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:08 pm

rainlover

rainlover

I started reading before the big twist happened, and took a break when the hiatus started. Got back into the story a while ago. I love the art because it has sort of a playful attitude with the color. The story drew me in because I'm still trying to figure the whole orientation/falling in love thing out and I am always happy when two people can find love and work to hold on to it, no matter the gender. I love the insane plot twists and weird logic of the dream world now.. and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Fi and Lia get reunited.

29Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:36 pm

Ami

Ah I loved it at first because of Fi too. I was raised in a catholic home too but that wasnt why, I just loved how she was so different most characters Ive seen. The bullied character, people either make them very strong and ignorant of the problem, or really weak and cry babies. Fi had abit of both in her and it was so real. I love it for its LSDness now though.

30Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 pm

rainlover

rainlover

*nods* Fiona hasn't really gone to any extremes.. 'cept to find her woman!

31Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:58 pm

PlinkoChips

PlinkoChips

I had a great lesbian love story. The magical story part of it is faded.

I love Yu+Me because I can pretend that Fiona and Lia's great story is mine, for the time being.

Being spoiled with such an experience... I am ruined. This normal apartment sharing business is too bland. I miss the urgency of things that Fiona and Lia have... Rescuing each other, loving each other, the violent need to be with each other... Mine is been there and done Yu + Me is still in the works. I need the plot as I wait out my drought. Keeps me hopeful for a spark.

After the intense meeting and first months with my girlfriend I am looking to webcomics for fillers.

Yu+Me does the job.

32Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:54 am

la_chinchilla

I was linked to the comic (I cannot remember where exactly, but TVtropes is a good guess) about a year ago or so. At first I was a bit reluctant because you never know when romance comics/books/movies will start cliché-ing it up. Thankfuly, YU+ME was not the case.

The main characters feel real. That is refreshing too. Fi rediscovering herself is something everyone can relate to. We all go through that, and I don't mean it in a way that is strictly related to sexuality.

Another reason why I like this comic is the art, particularly since issue 7/8.

That being said, my favorite part is the second big arc.

33Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Sat Nov 21, 2009 4:04 am

lasteffect

Most original and interesting comic that I've read in sometime. I'd compare it to reaction of The Death of Captain America or The Death of Bruce Wayne.

I know, I'm comparing a lesbian romance/adventure/whatever webcomic to Marvel and DC's big events... and I know, the DC one wasn't actually a comic, but was about of a different series... but still, if Yu + Me's moments can pull me the same way when I read out that Batman and Cap were gone... That's saying alot coming from a webcomic only 5 yrs old to comic book characters in their what? 60s to 70s?

This is just a great comic.

34Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:45 am

Yume

Yume

I first fell in love with the story because I could relate to Fiona.
I was bullied a lot in high school and often had my life made a living hell. I started to look forward to going to sleep, just so I could dream.
I also fell in love with the story with how it was drawn and colored.

This story was an amazing read and I found it difficult to stop!!! I'm sad that I reached the ending Sad

35Why do you love YU+ME? - Page 2 Empty Re: Why do you love YU+ME? Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:44 pm

BrokenDoll

My reason for loving it is quite simple.

I'm kind of a sucker for a good romance, be it gay or not. I also have found I like Megan's other work [[Mainly LPFOS, as that's where I found a link to YU+ME: dream]], so that's a factor as well.

The twist at the end of part 1 probably hooked me more then the romance though,since I love twists as both a writer and a reader.

http://kittykar032393.tumblr.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum