YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

gay movies

+25
Erie
Geek_at_Large
AlexandraAnn
Foof
Skellig
Ami
copernicus
HelsBels
Joey5900
Kyon
rainlover
Jusenkyo no Pikachu
Widdershins
Aerai
billy
Sara
Edvard Munch
Nicole
newslang06
freakingdork
Dinru
Futch
Somnimiles
Everest
RainbowSprinkles
29 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1gay movies Empty gay movies Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:39 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

My friend and I are hosting a gay movie night and so far we only have depressing movies lined up. What are some good light hearted (though I suppose I'm always looking for a good gay movie, happy or not) gay/ gay themed movies that you guys know of or like? We're thinking "Touch of Pink" or "Mambo Italiano" any other suggestions?

2gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Mon Apr 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Everest

"Show Me Love" was a pretty good Swedish movie about a couple of high school girls in a lesbian relationship. Bonus: it has a happy ending!

3gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 pm

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Everest wrote:"Show Me Love" was a pretty good Swedish movie about a couple of high school girls in a lesbian relationship. Bonus: it has a happy ending!

Also "F*cking Amal" was a really good Swedish film along those same lines. And there was a Chinese lesbian romance film that was also good called "Butterfly". - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_(2004_film) (why isn't the link tag working?)

There was a good film about gay men that I saw on cable last month, but I can't remember the title. IT had the guy from Two guys, a Girl, and a Pizza Place (who played an alcoholic) and one of the guys from "Angels in America". It had its depressing points, but ended on a good note.

On that note, Angels in America was a really good film/series, though it also had some really depressing parts, but the weirdness kind of offset that.

Last edited by Somnimiles on Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:40 pm; edited 2 times in total

4gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:12 pm

Everest

Somnimiles wrote:Also "F*cking Amal" was a really good Swedish film along those same lines.

There's actually a good reason for that! They're the same movie! Laughing It's just easier to find "Show Me Love" than it is to find "Fucking Åmål" in the States, and I suspect it would be the same case in Canada. I think you can understand why the name was changed. Very Happy

5gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:36 pm

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Everest wrote:
Somnimiles wrote:Also "F*cking Amal" was a really good Swedish film along those same lines.

There's actually a good reason for that! They're the same movie! Laughing It's just easier to find "Show Me Love" than it is to find "Fucking Åmål" in the States, and I suspect it would be the same case in Canada. I think you can understand why the name was changed. Very Happy

Oh, ok! Haha I never knew that they brought it over here. I have it in divx, subtitled.

6gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Futch

Futch

Breakfast with Scot is a recent Canadian family film starring Tom Cavanaugh. To quote what I think is the back of the box:

A touching comedy that tells the story of a very straight gay couple, Eric, an ex-NHL hockey player-turned-sportscaster and Sam, a lawyer, who end up with temporary custody of a recent orphaned Scot, an 11-year-old boy who turns out to be a total sissy.

Back to my words:

It's not angsty or dark at all, and could almost be a children's movie. It seems to be along the lines of Mrs. Doubtfire or Are We There Yet. I've never seen it, only heard of it, but it could be good.

Another one:

E Tu Ausencia (In Your Absence). This is totally not light-hearted though. But it is REALLY good. I actually bought this one, and I only do that for good movies. It's an independent Spanish Film with almost completely amateur acting, but really good acting, if you know what I mean. It's about a thirteen year old boy named Pablo, who has no father. His only friend is a fifteen year old poor girl who lives with her senile Grandfather. A stranger comes to town, a man around forty-ish, and Pablo takes a liking to him, and vice versa. The townspeople don't approve of this, and there are dark rumors surrounding the man's past. As time goes on, fatherless Pablo grows to love the man in more ways than one. It does not end the way you would expect. It's a twist that M. Night Shyamalhan could only dream of writing. GOOD MOVIE.

So there's that.

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

7gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:43 pm

Dinru

Dinru

RENT is another good one. It gets incredibly sad at times, but all and all it's really happy and fun and nice ^^ (Oh, and it's a rock opera...)

8gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:06 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Dinru wrote:RENT is another good one. It gets incredibly sad at times, but all and all it's really happy and fun and nice ^^ (Oh, and it's a rock opera...)

I love the reprisal of "No Day But Today" at the end of Rent.

9gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:46 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Rent is AWESOME.

But I'm a Cheerleader - campy, but hell, Rue Paul is in it! Hahaha, yessssssss.

10gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:13 am

newslang06

newslang06

Ummm the Conrad Boys is an AWESOME gay movie, if you want funny - watch D.E.B.S, Latter Days, Better than Chocolate, Billy's Hollywood Screen Kiss, Outing Riley, Saving Face, Adam&Steve, Unconditional Love (<3), Out at the Wedding, Bam Bam and Celeste, Gypsie 83, 2 minutes later, Loving Annabelle.

That's all the happy ones I can think of that haven't been listed.

You can also watch:
You belong to Me (if you want creepy)
The Blood
Say Uncle (kind of dark/funny)
Edge of Seventeen
Another Gay Movie (American Pie parody)
And more that I can't seem to think of.

Last edited by newslang06 on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:58 am; edited 1 time in total

11gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:56 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Oh Yeah, since I saw it again on cable a couple nights ago, Lost and Delirious, though it is a bit depressing and angsty.

12gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:02 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

edge of seventeen is amazing I loved it. I also love "But I'm a cheer leader"
Another gay movie is epically hilarious but I'd suggest avoiding the sequel. Wasn't so much funny as nauseating.

13gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:43 pm

newslang06

newslang06

I forgot to mention Chasing Amy. Very good movie about a guy dating a lesbian. Also? Try Trick and maybe Happy Texas.

14gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:16 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

I've heard of chasing amy but never seen it. I'll have to check it out

15gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 am

newslang06

newslang06

Chasing Amy is Kevin Smith- so it's AWESOME. I realize that I watch a lot of GLBT movies. I'm kind of addicted to Logo. I think they should hire me.

One more movie? Okay. Starbooty. Seriously you guys? I've only seen the second one, but it's super cheesy and they star RuPaul. And I'm more than a little in love with her.

16gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:49 am

Nicole

Nicole

Spider Lilies is a pretty cute Taiwanese lesbian film.

17gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:50 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

OMG I love RuPaul. Can't go wrong with RuPaul.

18gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:30 pm

newslang06

newslang06

RainbowSprinkles wrote:OMG I love RuPaul. Can't go wrong with RuPaul.

I know! That's because Ru is gorgeous as a guy and as a girl. And friggin' funny, too.

19gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

it's not fair. He shouldn't be allowed to look amazing as both genders. Though I've never tried myself. Maybe I make an amazing guy.

20gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:09 pm

Edvard Munch

Edvard Munch

Hedwig and Angry Inch

A Beautiful Thing (it's worth repeating)

The Sum of Us

To Woo Fong, Thanks for Everything: Julie Newmar.

The Wolves of Kromer

Victor/Victoria (Not the typical gay movie but i love love love this!)

Peter's Friends (again, not typical but Hugh Laurie, Emma Thompson and Stephen Fry are in it ...nothing more needs be said.)

Watermelon Woman (haven't actually seen it but heard it was good...let me know if they lied.)

Imagine me and you ( Suspect not 100% sure about this one though...it's still a little iffy).

Chutney Popcorn!!!

Did someone mention Better than Chocolate?

Go Fish

The Incredible True Adventure of Two Girls in Love

21gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:25 pm

newslang06

newslang06

RainbowSprinkles wrote:it's not fair. He shouldn't be allowed to look amazing as both genders. Though I've never tried myself. Maybe I make an amazing guy.

I was in a drag show once. The only problem? I'm a triple D cup. It was so hard to make me look like a dude.
Anyway, I looked really skeezy! My oldest brother (who is a chemist and an amazing artist) drew on a convincing stubble and made me dark bags under my eyes. I used a bunch of cheap gel and made my hair look dirty and wore an over sized sweatshirt and guy jeans.

I sang "I Thought You Were My Boyfriend" by the Magnetic Fields. It was awesome! I totally looked like a creepy gay
stalker.

Edvard Munch wrote:
Did someone mention Better than Chocolate?

Me! Oh my goodness... that movie rocks so friggin' hard.

22gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:02 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

everyone has some ultra amazing taste in movies. I LOVE better than chocolate and I did think that Imagine Me and You was really cute. Victor/Victoria was like one of my all time favourite movies when I was a kid (my mum and I love Julie Andrews)

23gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:14 am

Sara

Sara

woah.
i just got through with lost and delirious.
just woah

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

24gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Sun Apr 19, 2009 12:58 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Sara wrote:woah.
i just got through with lost and delirious.
just woah

OMG yes. I cried and cried and cried when I got to the ending of that movie. But that might have been during a really tough time in my life. But I'm also really sensitive.

I love that movie, but I don't know if I could stand to see it again. My heart might break.

25gay movies Empty Re: gay movies Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:38 am

billy

billy

hahah the only gay movie i know and loved was "the graffiti artist"

thats a tough one, its a bitter sweet, awkward, finding yourself film. LOVED IT Laughing

http://www.myspace.com/punkrockbillyrocks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum