YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+97
texasshiva
naota
Lalia
thejennamonster
ybtolerant
TheNozomi
Wisdom Thumbs
Faenir
Xshu
adam
lasteffect
SchizoAuthoress
Becki719
Zx2_152
Smurgleburf
cmacmac
maquette
daneyb
RD
Pinkachu
The.Nozomi
Seria
Joamette
teambates
teldar
Somnimiles
canyoudigit
after all
dolorien
Mask
gravimetric
SerenityMoonstone
pchmir
Skeiphes
RebaChu
pokeureye
black_rose_writer
siriusly
Teya
carafemme
yumiko27
KitWatson
Andrea_44
Kaleidoscopic
Jim North
edispee
la_chinchilla
vgaer
kowaiusagi
Ariadne3
Name?
Mercury
Dinru
meeples
sticarus
Madi
Katisanse
greenglowinggoo
Rue
ohno
Louisa
Siubh
SuzanneM
Limey
Kasbunny
Uis Elveti
Kitt
Little Sunflower
Baku
Sporadic
hmnbyr
Roses Ablaze
purplefreak
JuJuBee
mishykinz
TheResult
Ana
grim
Kugai
Emeryth
Lady Fury
wrdonerd
darkrose072687
Eldan
Megan Rose
Michael
sheisakeeper
Pahana
Dgcakes
YazzyDream
NCallahan
Megabyte
freakingdork
carl-E
smallandmighty
cherrybomb
maymay
101 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Go down  Message [Page 26 of 28]

626CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:31 pm

after all

after all

Awww, I didn't want this to happen. I like Mary as her own character DDDD: But, the way it's happening is really well written.

Lia and her conscience look really creepy on this page, though :/

627CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:25 pm

purplefreak

purplefreak

after all wrote:
Lia and her conscience look really creepy on this page, though :/

That's what I was thinking! I am having a hard time feeling sad about losing Mary as an individual when I'm seeing the uber creepy Lia thingy...

628CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:12 pm

Dgcakes

It's funny - I VERY recently watched Hedwig and the Angry Inch for the first time (like the day before the first Origin of Love comic went up) and I loved it. But I gotta say, I really hope the combined Fi/Mary and Lia/whatever her name is don't stay in that half faces way they are or end up back to back like they are in origin of love.

629CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Aug 04, 2010 2:50 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Dgcakes, I don't think they will come out that way. The song/video was just an insiration for the process Megan drew, I'm pretty sure that when they're done, they'll be one whole person, like they're ment to be.

The once a week updates are killing me - you really spoiled us!

630CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:08 am

Roses Ablaze

Who died? Sad

On the other hand, the page is animated! Cool!

631CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:11 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

Awww, poor Lia, she can't escape her conscience. That is such a heavy burden but such a good thing for the ppl of Nod. I don't like Fi's hair like that anymore... it no longer is becoming of her. Maybe it's because she is in normal street clothes... idk.

Megan, the animated rain is such a wonderful touch, I love this page! I love you

632CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:19 am

Kugai

Kugai

Very clever Megan, animating the first Panel in this one makes it more of an effective scene.

But whose grave is that?

Sadako's?
Her Conscience's?

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

633CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:40 am

dolorien

Apart from more logical choices like Sadako and Clandy (would they have separate headstones, even though they both vanished to the next world?) I was wondering if that was the grave of the little goblin girl myself- and that neither Fi or Lia have forgotten about her death, even though the happy reunion scene was the end. It's an ordinary looking headstone- I might have guessed that Sadako's would be more royally ornate, or Clandy's would have sunflowers, toys and sweet wrappers (or a box of Nothin' But Sugar-O's). You can't push things like that to one side and now Lia can face the reality of the worst things she's capable of- and use that as motivation to do the best things she's capable of. With her conscience inside of her, she's able to deal with the pain she's caused more effectively- no life of self-hating, wallowing or attempted suicide.

634CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:14 am

darkrose072687

darkrose072687

I looove the rain Megan! <3 Really I do. Razz

I really do think its the grave of the goblin girl myself as well...

http://www.myspace.com/angeltaylor87

635CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:03 am

carl-E

carl-E

Could be the goblin girl or any one of the other hundreds of thousands Mara killed...

Or they could just be walking through a graveyard in the rain.

But more importantly, first panel; "I can feel her."

"Me too."

Lia can feel her conscience, and Fi can too? Did Fi and Mary unite already? It's a good thing, but... well, I feel cheated a bit.

No, wait, not cheated. I dunno, it's an easy leap, I guess. I was expecting more wrangling, but I think we saw the whole of both sides of the argument in the last panel of the last page anyway.

They both look so peaceful and happy, dammit.

636CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 09, 2010 10:39 pm

Faenir

Faenir

Yeah, i reckon Fi and Mary have merged already. Like you said, the whole argument has been made on the last panel... and to be honest, one merging was already creepy enough to see Razz

I really liked this solution for the consciences, it's the best way to avoid further problems and to leave them in peace about it. We might have "lost" the characters, but they still feel them, it was supposed to be there and they are in peace (even with Lia's constant memories of the days as Mara, but that's good and will eventually become bearable)

Ah, and the rain effect is awesome!! (and doesn't look like sperm, like you said on twitter lol)

I don't know who's grave is that (i hope we find out!), but i can guarantee it's not for No-Face guy =P

637CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:41 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Holy crap this page is beautiful.

638CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:47 pm

Kitt

Kitt

carl-E wrote:Could be the goblin girl or any one of the other hundreds of thousands Mara killed...

Or they could just be walking through a graveyard in the rain.

But more importantly, first panel; "I can feel her."

"Me too."

Lia can feel her conscience, and Fi can too? Did Fi and Mary unite already? It's a good thing, but... well, I feel cheated a bit.

No, wait, not cheated. I dunno, it's an easy leap, I guess. I was expecting more wrangling, but I think we saw the whole of both sides of the argument in the last panel of the last page anyway.

They both look so peaceful and happy, dammit.

Well, it's important to remember that this is an epilogue, so it makes sense for things to be a little "rushed" - though I don't like that word, it makes it feel sloppy, when so far the epilogue has been anything but.

Somnimiles wrote:Holy crap this page is beautiful.

I agree - I actually come back to it a few times a day just to enjoy it >.< And... I JUST now noticed that it's animated! It was so well done, my brain just took it all in, without realizing.

639CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sat Aug 14, 2010 7:18 pm

teambates

Just going to chime in to note how much I like Fiona's costume as queen in this page. It keeps the cosmic element that you saw in Sadako's costume, but it seems fitted to both Fi's personality and the situation. I always felt like the Queen of Nod's costume created itself out of the queen's wishes, rather than just being clothes you put on. That's why you see that persistent design element.

640CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:19 am

Louisa

Lia looks so beautiful in the first panel today. It's lovely, especially given how tortured she's looked up to this point of the epilogue.

641CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:30 am

Kugai

Kugai

Is . . . is that even possible after two centuries??!

642CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:31 pm

yumiko27

Well, a couple centuries may have passed in Nod, but on Earth, that would be a lot less. Still, though, years have most likely passed. I do want to know how this will affect Fiona's relationship with Lia if she is able to go back. And even then, will she really be able to? There's a chance that her family pulled the plug...Though, I doubt it, there is still a chance.

643CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:47 pm

Ana

It's been said a lot of times, 1 RW day = 15 DW days. So, if we're talking about say 250 years, it's about 16-17 years RW time. Fiona could very well be in PVS if her dad and Elizabeth fought to keep her plugged, and she'd wake up being around 35 years old. Hadn't Don mentioned that bit about Fiona having had to leave, and I'd think she would reach the compromise of delegating most power to a vice-governor and live about one day out of every week on earth.

P.S. - Also, I don't know whether while getting rid of the boxes she got rid of her own, but if she hasn't she has a way of knowing if she is alive - her door would not be bricked up.

644CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Sun Aug 29, 2010 2:10 pm

Pahana

Pahana

If she's still in coma, she'd be pretty braindead by now. Coma ruins your braincells and after 17 years i dont even think she'd be able to walk/talk/eat? O_o And if they managed the hospital to keep her alive for 17 years they're damn good. Shocked

645CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:32 am

Megabyte

Pahana wrote:If she's still in coma, she'd be pretty braindead by now. Coma ruins your braincells and after 17 years i dont even think she'd be able to walk/talk/eat? O_o And if they managed the hospital to keep her alive for 17 years they're damn good. Shocked

Actually, it is possible to keep the body alive. If they would do it is another matter.

646CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 30, 2010 5:56 am

ILikeCrows

Megabyte wrote:
Pahana wrote:If she's still in coma, she'd be pretty braindead by now. Coma ruins your braincells and after 17 years i dont even think she'd be able to walk/talk/eat? O_o And if they managed the hospital to keep her alive for 17 years they're damn good. Shocked

Actually, it is possible to keep the body alive. If they would do it is another matter.
Today's comic just answered that... So the question is, is there anything else for Fiona when she leaves or will she just disappear?

647CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:45 am

dolorien

Does anyone else think tag-team euthanasia may happen? It definitely qualifies as a sad ending, with Fi having to leave her friends in order to go to the 'next world' (Clandy mentioned being with Sadako there, so it's possible there is an afterlife for them) and she may not even be in the same afterlife as Lia. It's even worse on Don if he has to kill both of them, if Fiona and Lia can't kill each other. Especially since the portrait of Fiona in Don's place is gorgeous, rather than like an ordinary photo- the sort you would have at a loved one's funeral.

648CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:20 pm

Kugai

Kugai

I wonder if there is a way back for them, or if it's too late for that. It will be interesting to see if they wind up getting back through some 'Reincarnation' deal or they have to take the option that Sadako and Clandi took in the end.

649CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:02 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

Hmmm... what could it be? Since it isn't as good as she would hope...
Isn't that just how it goes with friends? You may not like the favor they ask of you, but you got their backs. I love Don for that I love you

650CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 26 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:40 am

Xshu

Why is her eye normal in this page?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 26 of 28]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27, 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum