YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Introduction of Sorts

+6
reba
Everest
rantinan
Clawdee
Midean
Nicole
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1An Introduction of Sorts Empty An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:55 am

Nicole

Nicole

Hello,

My name is Nicole as the username implies. I identify as a lesbian trans woman among many other things but I manage to not be to horrible of person in spite of it. I am currently pre-graduate school and at the time of this post, looking for a job. With no job or school I have much more time for my love of movies (especially bad ones), books, exercise, and video games. My only known weakness is sour candy. And bullets.

2An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:56 am

Midean

Midean

Sour candy is good.

3An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:59 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

I think bullets are everyone's weakness =D unless of course it's sour bullet candy, but to my knowledge, they don't make that.

What kinda job are you looking for? Just anything at this point?

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

4An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 am

Nicole

Nicole

Clawdee wrote:I think bullets are everyone's weakness =D unless of course it's sour bullet candy, but to my knowledge, they don't make that.

What kinda job are you looking for? Just anything at this point?

... Sour bullet candy would be interesting. Most superheros are immune! Just thought I should point it out in case I am suspected of being some sort of superhero.

Right now most anything. I had an interview at Kohl's today. I have done a lot of volunteer work in the queer community in Washington and would like to continue doing that here but getting payed if I can.

5An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:12 am

rantinan

Yay another lover of bad movies! What you watching at hte moment/ I just picked up a sureal version of death trance from a flea market, with super most powerful engrish subtitles. It was a joy

http://rantinan.deviantart.com/

6An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 am

Nicole

Nicole

rantinan wrote:Yay another lover of bad movies! What you watching at hte moment/ I just picked up a sureal version of death trance from a flea market, with super most powerful engrish subtitles. It was a joy

At this very moment I am watching Screamers 2. I have Death Race waiting.

7An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:17 am

Midean

Midean

Clawdee wrote:I think bullets are everyone's weakness =D
Nicole wrote:... Sour bullet candy would be interesting. Most superheros are immune! Just thought I should point it out in case I am suspected of being some sort of superhero.
Page 32 of Full Metal Alchemist Chapter 93 is my reply to that....

"Not again! They don't work on anything these days." - Lt. Hawkeye

8An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 am

Everest

You know, I've been wanting to see Death Race. Looks like my kind of bad-in-a-fun-way movie.

9An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:20 am

reba

reba

Nicole wrote:Right now most anything. I had an interview at Kohl's today. I have done a lot of volunteer work in the queer community in Washington and would like to continue doing that here but getting payed if I can.
Hey, I used to work at Kohl's! I recommend the intimates department. Very quiet over there, and people don't trash your dressing rooms quite so badly as in the other departments. I guess there's only so many bras you can try on before giving up.

10An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:21 am

Nicole

Nicole

Midean wrote:
Clawdee wrote:I think bullets are everyone's weakness =D
Nicole wrote:... Sour bullet candy would be interesting. Most superheros are immune! Just thought I should point it out in case I am suspected of being some sort of superhero.
Page 32 of Full Metal Alchemist Chapter 93 is my reply to that....

"Not again! They don't work on anything these days." - Lt. Hawkeye
Hah I loved that part. Someone needs to get Riza some sort of Alchemy bullets. I hope she finds some relevance again soon since she and Olivia Armstrong are badass normals.

11An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 am

Nicole

Nicole

reba wrote:
Nicole wrote:Right now most anything. I had an interview at Kohl's today. I have done a lot of volunteer work in the queer community in Washington and would like to continue doing that here but getting payed if I can.
Hey, I used to work at Kohl's! I recommend the intimates department. Very quiet over there, and people don't trash your dressing rooms quite so badly as in the other departments. I guess there's only so many bras you can try on before giving up.
How was the company in treating its employees?

12An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

My brother was watching Death Race the other day, very...different. Very, very much like that movie where they stick the convicts on the island with bombs and junk, but different too. The racing parts where very nifty.

13An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:25 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

Nicole wrote: Very quiet over there, and people don't trash your dressing rooms quite so badly as in the other departments. I guess there's only so many bras you can try on before giving up.

I hate working dressing rooms with a passion. Some ladies kid pooped his pants, she stole a pair of our pants and left the poopy ones in our dressing room. This was at Wal-Mart. We had to close off the whole area until it could be cleaned.

14An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 am

Everest

Ouch, Clawdee...I sympathize.

15An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:29 am

Nicole

Nicole

Clawdee wrote:
Nicole wrote: Very quiet over there, and people don't trash your dressing rooms quite so badly as in the other departments. I guess there's only so many bras you can try on before giving up.

I hate working dressing rooms with a passion. Some ladies kid pooped his pants, she stole a pair of our pants and left the poopy ones in our dressing room. This was at Wal-Mart. We had to close off the whole area until it could be cleaned.
Wow that sounds bad. I have worked at Wal-Mart twice in two different locations. The first time in Housewares which was not to bad though boring. Had tons of dust. The second time a cashier at the older one in town so not that many customers.

16An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:44 am

reba

reba

Nicole wrote:How was the company in treating its employees?
Overall, not too bad. I do remember being asked an invasive and probably illegal interview question about whether I would be having to miss work a lot to take care of kids, but as I didn't have that problem and rarely had to call in sick, I dodged that bullet. I imagine it would be a less-than-ideal place for a parent to work.

But they offered health care plans, even to me when I was only a summer worker, and my coworkers were nice although always tired and a bit harried. I think if I were to work there again, I'd try to do intimates or be a cashier, rather than working in misses again. I guess that's probably a tough department in any store.

One bad thing about Kohl's that I learned after having worked there is that they're one of the companies that has repeatedly avoided responding to the Human Rights Campaign surveys about LGBT-friendly businesses. Ugh.

But from the viewpoint of an individual worker, they were okay. I never got yelled at or anything horribly uncivil like that, except by the occasional disgruntled customer.

17An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:47 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

Oooh, what type of video games? I'm in love with RPGs. I can't forget Mario from my childhood, though. I'm also obsessed with the Phoenix Wright series.

18An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:14 pm

Xanadas

Xanadas

Haha yeah the Wright series is fun.

RPG's are awesome, I personally am obsessed with Final Fantasy

19An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:00 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

FF7 is my all time favorite RPG. I have never found anything that can top it, in my book.

20An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:12 pm

Xanadas

Xanadas

FF7 Was indeed amazing.

Im also a fan of FF X even though not too many people are. All I know is that I can't WAIT for XIII To come out

21An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 6:13 pm

axeslade

axeslade

Danaidae wrote:FF7 is my all time favorite RPG. I have never found anything that can top it, in my book.

*nods* FF7 was the first video game I actually played all the way through. I've also played FF8 and 10, and keep meaning to actually complete 12. For some reason I never get real far in that...

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

22An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:43 pm

Nicole

Nicole

Danaidae wrote:Oooh, what type of video games? I'm in love with RPGs. I can't forget Mario from my childhood, though. I'm also obsessed with the Phoenix Wright series.
I like a lot of different games. Currently I have mostly RPGs with Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on the 360. I also have Halo 3. I like RTS games and Mario games as well as MMOs.

23An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:26 pm

Xanadas

Xanadas

Nicole wrote:
Danaidae wrote:Oooh, what type of video games? I'm in love with RPGs. I can't forget Mario from my childhood, though. I'm also obsessed with the Phoenix Wright series.
I like a lot of different games. Currently I have mostly RPGs with Fallout 3, Fable 2, and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion on the 360. I also have Halo 3. I like RTS games and Mario games as well as MMOs.

Haha man I'd have to get your gamertag. I'm playing Halo 3 as I type

24An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:35 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

Nicole wrote:

I hear such good things about Fable. Alas, I am X-Boxless. I'm also a MAc user so no MMOs for me. Someday I'll have a PC all for gaming. Someday.

25An Introduction of Sorts Empty Re: An Introduction of Sorts Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:53 pm

Nicole

Nicole

Danaidae wrote:
I hear such good things about Fable. Alas, I am X-Boxless. I'm also a MAc user so no MMOs for me. Someday I'll have a PC all for gaming. Someday.
My brother has two computers, one for work and internet, and another for gaming. I want to be able to do that one day and make the gaming computer really powerful. Stupid world that requires a money to get things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum