YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 40]

976CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:22 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

I really am apprehensive to see where this is going, but GAWD I love all this purple!!!! Very Happy

977CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:52 am

Pahana

Pahana

maybe he wants her to stabb him and take his eye out, or..dunno. maybe the person who kills the king becomes the queen, aka, sadako wants fiona to come fight her and win so she becomes the new queen. bounce ok its just spekulations

978CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:10 am

cherrybomb

cherrybomb

sticarus wrote:If we assume (it seems quite a few people are probably on this page) that Sadako tried to get Lia to fight her so Lia could take the crown. Why would she reunite Mara with her conscience first? I would think Mara would be much more willing to kill for the crown then Lia. Is it possible that Sadako actually cares that the next ruler is a halfway decent person?

And if you cant have a conscience to be the ruler of Nod, why reunite them?

I agree with you here. Maybe the fighting was a totally different thing not associated with becoming a ruler. Sadako loves the DW hence why she stayed there and became Queen. She probably wouldn't want someone who disrespected the place by killing everyone to become the ruler. Maybe locking away consciences is a way to test how they will behave without them.

It's already been said that people of the DW don't have consciences. Maybe to rule the place you need to really, truly become an inhabitant of the DW.

Lots of speculation!

979CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:29 am

smallandmighty

See, I think that Sadako has to get rid of Himitsu... like everyone else has been saying. But think about it, he's asked her to get rid of her conscience and though she disagreed at first, after thinking about things she agreed. (I mean, think about how happy she was when she first met Himitsu! Then of course, she remembers the whole Ellie incident and bye bye goes Himitsu, I suppose. Especially with that look over her shoulder. Reminds me of... this!, just for the moon and the way she was looking for Himitsu. Only now, she's doing the opposite and trying not to look for Himitsu...) Anyway, bracket ramble is just bracket ramble!

Related to the whole Lia thing, if Sadako really is choosing to get rid of Himitsu in order to become Queen of Nod, then it makes sense that Lia has to choose to get rid of... oh crud, whatever her conscience was called. (Did we find out? I've forgotten completely.) Anyway, Lia couldn't be Mara to fight Sadako or the takeover would never have worked out.

AND! Since Mary and Fi are no longer conscience-linked technically (though they clearly still are <3) Sadako can use Fi to take over; she doesn't have a conscience, since it's already gone, and Fi sure as hell would be happy to fight Sadako. Although this does kinda prove a flaw in my logic since Fi didn't choose to lose Mary. But then, she might choose to fight Sadako and that could be good enough.

So! tl;dr: My theory is that Sadako chose to get rid of Himitsu and now she needs Lia or Fi to get rid of their conscience willingly so that they can fight Sadako and become Queen of DW.

Sorry that none of this makes any sense! *flail*

980CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:10 pm

Dgcakes

carl-E wrote:
Megabyte wrote:Doesn't it occur to you that if the king is asking Sadako to kill him it's most likely because he's tired of Nod (rather than being a prerequisite for Sadako to take over)?

Exactly my thought! Just look at the bags under his eyes!
Well I know he's tired but maybe her killing him and taking over is the only way he CAN get out of nod, which he is tired of. So killing the old king would be a prerequisite and he'd give her the job because he's tired.

981CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:04 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Urg, oh, Sadako...

I really liked the King too. Sad

What a pretty page. Now that looks like the Sadako we know and hate. Have you noticed she's now speaking English? Tch.

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

982CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:10 am

Pahana

Pahana

wow that's a personality change.... and so fast, im confused Shocked queen makes u automatically evil?

983CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:22 am

NCallahan

Yeah, this is what basically just went through my head...

Now the pressing business -- when you pull a few dozen people through the Dreaming, into your own little patch of Omnipotence, with the intent to torture, punish, and mold as you see fit, how do their Consciences respond? Do Consciences have flaming swords? If you were to suddenly slaughter a large number of Consciences in self-defense, what patently Bad Thing happens has a result?

Unless people don't naturally have Consciences... Unless Sadako took Himitsu as a template and gave people Consciences...

Or maybe it's all the wind-up and Sadako's actually just been in Wales all along. I don't presume to know much about Wales. I'm willing to buy a few things.

984CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:24 am

Dgcakes

NCallahan wrote:Yeah, this is what basically just went through my head...

Now the pressing business -- when you pull a few dozen people through the Dreaming, into your own little patch of Omnipotence, with the intent to torture, punish, and mold as you see fit, how do their Consciences respond? Do Consciences have flaming swords? If you were to suddenly slaughter a large number of Consciences in self-defense, what patently Bad Thing happens has a result?

Unless people don't naturally have Consciences... Unless Sadako took Himitsu as a template and gave people Consciences...

Or maybe it's all the wind-up and Sadako's actually just been in Wales all along. I don't presume to know much about Wales. I'm willing to buy a few things.

Well where did Himitsu come from if she were a template - and why would she ever want to give ANYONE one of the things she seems to presently hate so much?

985CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:30 am

NCallahan

Dgcakes wrote:Well where did Himitsu come from if she were a template - and why would she ever want to give ANYONE one of the things she seems to presently hate so much?

Well, obviously Himitsu was Ariel and the Baku was Caliban.

Obviously. You know, in that funny way things aren't obvious at all or even properly true.

986CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:51 am

Dgcakes

NCallahan wrote:
Dgcakes wrote:Well where did Himitsu come from if she were a template - and why would she ever want to give ANYONE one of the things she seems to presently hate so much?

Well, obviously Himitsu was Ariel and the Baku was Caliban.

Obviously. You know, in that funny way things aren't obvious at all or even properly true.
what's a Caliban? -knows her brain has melted from the current heatwave-

987CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Sadako Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:12 am

KasloColorado

Did Sadako just stop speaking Japanese?

I keep thinking that this comic can't get any more interesting... and I keep being proven wrong! Very Happy

988CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:33 am

sticarus

The fact that Clandy's obviously just broken free and was tied up somewhere means we must get to see her side of the story too. I'm beyond excited for Clandy's story. I wasn't sure if we were going to get one from her. STOKED.

989CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:48 am

maymay

maymay

Oh, the conscience really was tied up. At first I didn't realize what is this on her hands.
I'd point a finger of blame at the King if you ask me. He knew the conscience would only discourage Sadako to take over.
Oh well, to tie up a person as sweet as Clandy, it's official. He had no heart whatsoever.

Last edited by maymay on Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

http://mayflycrow.deviantart.com/

990CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:09 am

Megabyte

I really do think "Himitsu" (Clandestine ?) is sort of a template. The true meaning of consciences wouldn't be to guide people, but to prevent them from being driven mad by Nod's power.

This would explain why Sadako would create consciences, besides "hating" them.

991CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 40 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:12 am

Megabyte

sticarus wrote:
[...]
It's already been said that people of the DW don't have consciences. Maybe to rule the place you need to really, truly become an inhabitant of the DW.

Lots of speculation!

That was my point all along! They don't have consciences because just as Don said before, them don't need them. So I think this was created for people that crossed dimensions. The reason Fiona has one (Mary) is because she was able to go to Nod since when she was around 5.

-------

http://yumeboard.omgforum.net/viewtopic.forum?t=267

Last edited by Megabyte on Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum