YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION

+118
euphoriosa
adam
siriusly
Kerushii
Bork
Bellevi
hatter
TallNose
Pahana
Mvibes
Ascension
Firepuppy
Dgcakes
wrdonerd
Uis Elveti
MysticMoggy
emeraldbeacon
spy_glass
insomniac
maquette
SerenityMoonstone
cherrybomb
4cm
CBrachyrhynchos
sheisakeeper
gravimetric
TheNozomi
Sporadic
Kitt
Foof
Kaleidoscopic
Ariadne3
Celesity_Darkflame
WRochelle87
Siubh
sticarus
Zx2_152
pinecone
purplefreak
ponds
Eclectic Kitty
darkrose072687
Dalaln
imirishletshug
Tsakara
Ana
anagram7507
Mercury
noclaf
Katalina
JennytheJew
BobtheDancingFlea
justclosethedoor
Limey
Sio
NCallahan
artisticheartbeat
vgaer
Skyes
grim
carafemme
Megabyte
Eldan
Hwyfar
edispee
maymay
BlueCanary1
Smurgleburf
Noelle
Gabe Puratekuta
Mrs. Abject
Allusion
teambates
clomle44
memoryloss
Joamette
peachWins
greengirl77
Roses Ablaze
Mask
Silverfish
Redrum
shanidl
MGH
Black&WhiteRainbow
girlyQ
lasteffect
Zelknolf
RD
Kugai
dracoangelica
Name?
Hiraku
Louisa
Gracefulfallen
Chuck_R
YazzyDream
Futch
KateKaleidoscopic
Flyinglemon
Katisanse
la_chinchilla
Tripz
Dinru
Somnimiles
Michael
shocklance
Lazer Nun
Crazy Aido
carl-E
Alanthion
freakingdork
Sara
Nicole
RainbowSprinkles
Edvard Munch
Jim North
Megan Rose
122 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down  Message [Page 39 of 40]

951CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Dgcakes

carl-E wrote:Grampa, right. I jst noticed how red his nose is. The man's a lush, or was...

There's a quote somewhere about the world being the dream of a drunken man. I can't remember much of it. Maybe someone else knows it?
Well Sadako's and Fiona's noses are drawn pretty red at times too. And so is Santa Claus in many arts (though he could very well be a lush too)

though I see nothin wrong with a drunken grampa provided he's not beating or raping you

952CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Megabyte

Uis Elveti wrote:
Megabyte wrote:
Uis Elveti wrote:HOLY SHIT

sorry this is so intense i have to post before i read all the posts i haven't seen yet

Ok. So the King of Nod must have been a Dreamer. And he's going to give Sadako his eye so he can go and be at peace. God, he probably set the whole thing up. And now Sadako wants to pass on the eye to Lia or Fiona.

Man, he looks so awesome, I really wanted him to be a good guy.

Okay. Off to read the other posts now.

Since some action does take place in the real world, it isn't possible he planned everything.

Anyway, I don't think he's bad because he wants to give somebody else his eye. Maybe he saw how Sadako loved the kingdom and tought she would do no harm to it?

IMO he'd have to be pretty stupid to think that... I'm not saying he planned EVERY MINUTE DETAIL, but I think he had a pretty good idea of what she was like all along, so he should have known that she wouldn't make a very good ruler, yet it's likely he put the swirly portals there anyway and let her keep wandering through them... Anyway, it seems like he's tired of being the King, and he seems ready to just pass off the burden onto the next willing person. There's nothing well-intentioned about that.

sorry if this is incoherent, I'm super tired.

Is he being selfish? Sure. After all, he is "tired". But... why tell Sadako's conscience Nod could do her harm? I think his tought is more like, "I'm sick of this, and this girl isn't going to leave." He probably spied on Sadako and her conscience and noticed her conscience wasn't doing a good job driving her away. So he probably made the math: "This girl is going to die at this rate. I know she will die from a coma eventually. So why not pass my powers to her?"

If you don't believe me, then I want to raise two questions.

1. Why bother telling Sadako's conscience Nod could screw her up? He could either have convinced her it was the best place to be at or simply kept his mouth shut.

2. We can see through Sadako's reign that Nod is modified because of her ruthless character. If the former King of Nod was truly evil, then why isn't Nod horrible? Why isn't it filled with monsters, for example?

953CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Baku rides anyone? Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:33 am

sheisakeeper

sheisakeeper

This page makes me think strange things about the story line. I can remember Clandy saying something about the Baku being nice once and not minding if you rode him or your hands were all gummy with ice cream...

The Clandy we knew first (before the assumption that hasn't yet been confirmed that the blond Secret was turned into Clandy) was very innocent and naive much like Sadako is now. Secret is very strong willed as it is now.

I don't know what I'm thinking -- sleep deprivation. :-p

954CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:24 am

purplefreak

purplefreak

NCallahan wrote:
purplefreak wrote:How is right! How do you get tired of a world where every possibility is possible? I guess if your imagination is tapped to it's limit... But still.

There's a quote from a favorite comic of mine, 'Lucifer' by Mike Carey.

"This wishing power is not a weapon to be used. It is too dangerous. Even now, the world melts. The lines of the map rearrange to accommodate all the greater and lesser empires, all the sweat-stained principalities mercifully erased by history. Don't you remember them? You really have let the last 300 years just pass right by, haven't you?"

"How can I focus on the affairs of petty mortals when I war with Heaven and Hell? Are we not at war?"

"Not any more. Your war's over. Heaven is breached and Hell's an empty gesture. When desire and reality become one and the same, there's no need for a separate place called Hell."

When desire and reality become one and the same, there's no need for a separate place called Hell. That is awesome. It makes perfect sense, thanks! I never thought of it that way. I can understand now how the king could be tired. I am reminded of an episode of Nip/Tuck (love that show!) when Sean's mistress is getting ready to kill herself and compares life to a carnival when you are a kid. It's so much fun, and you want to do everything there is to do, and then your parents say it's time to go, but you plead for more time. When they finally give you another half hour, you're tired, and the candy sours in your stomache, and the rides don't seem fun anymore. Enough is enough.

955CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Sooo Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:05 am

deek

Has anyone else noticed how Sadako's kimono is folded now?

956CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:27 am

Uis Elveti

Uis Elveti

SEE SEE SEE WHAT DID I TELL YOU

OLD MAN IS CREEPING

(sorry i keep being on here when i'm super tired, if i'm being an idiot i sincerely apologize.)

i'm sure his motive leans more toward selfishness than pure malice... he's an old, tired dude... but still, sucks for Nod.

957CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:28 am

maymay

maymay

deek wrote:Has anyone else noticed how Sadako's kimono is folded now?

You're right. I guess she's already dead by this moment.
Also, I feel both sorry for her and freaked out when I look at her missing eye and how she acts all normal without it.

http://mayflycrow.deviantart.com/

958CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 am

Pahana

Pahana

Well if she is dead, she doesnt have so much to lose, does she?
I mean yes the king is tired but still, I dont know... Would it 'really' be such a bad thing to be the queen of a dreamland after death.
She seem like someone with alot of imagination so he passes his crone to her, but he didnt know she'd corrupt it, i mean come on lookit that adorable little girl! who'd think she'd murder so many people Sad i wouldnt!

959CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:53 am

cherrybomb

cherrybomb

maymay wrote:
Also, I feel both sorry for her and freaked out when I look at her missing eye and how she acts all normal without it.

I totally agree. Its crazy how her and the king are just so nonchalant about it!

960CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 am

Dgcakes

I actually find this page kinda heartwarming. The baku's adorable with his sniffing - kinda reminds me of a puppy - and Sadako's actually behaving innocent and sweet again, rather than like the petulant child she was behaving like recently. And I wanted to hug the King of Nod anyway, the poor man probably has a ton of screws loose by this point.

961CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:35 am

carl-E

carl-E

Dgcakes wrote:...the poor man probably has a ton of screws loose by this point.

Best explanation so far!

962CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:08 pm

Kitt

Kitt

Honestly, I think he knows or at least highly suspects she'll be dead soon (if she's not already), and feels responsible for her death.

I see it more as the King's way to help the poor girl who died too young. Give her a nice place she can play and be happy and all - I don't think he's giving her the "crown" so to speak. Just, a place to stay.

Mew.

963CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:35 pm

Dgcakes

carl-E wrote:
Dgcakes wrote:...the poor man probably has a ton of screws loose by this point.

Best explanation so far!
Well you know what some comedians say about curls - it's just the crazy twisting it's way out

964CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:00 pm

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

I think the King was honestly concerned that the Dream World wasn't good for Sadako. But after observing her for a while he realised she'd already become too... taken in. And she seemed stubbornly happy to stay, while he was tired and wanted to stop ruling. So, he let her do as she pleased, allowing her to continue exploring Nod, even if it wasn't good for her. She wasn't exactly fighting for a proper life in her own dimension, and if at the same time he can retire peacefully, why shouldn't he manipulate things a little to pass the crown?

It's something I would have done. In the end it's her own choices that shape her life(?) anyway. He's not responsible for her.

http://yazzydream.deviantart.com

965CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:14 am

NCallahan

"So that's one subscription for Woman's Health, one for Barron's, one for Ebon...."

966CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:17 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

She really is a selfish, stupid little girl. I bet he said something like she had to get get rid of Clandy- I mean, Himitsu.

She's so unlikable. I can empathize with her in some parts, but she's much too self-centered for me to really care for her at all.

967CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty ARG! Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:18 am

sheisakeeper

sheisakeeper

What does she have to do, King!!???

Prob wont find out for a while yet either -.-

968CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:30 am

Lady Fury

I hate to think it, but... what if she has to fight the king in order to ascend to the throne? I mean it would be like what Sadako was trying to get Lia to do...

969CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:59 am

Siubh

My thoughts exactly. I think she has to kill him - but he can't just roll over and die for some reason.

And I think she's in the same position now. She's tired and wants it done with.

970CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:23 am

Dgcakes

I'm thinking it's either:
1) Kill the king
2) Banish the Conscience
3) Take the king's eye
4) any or all of the above

We know fighting is part of it since Sadako needed Lia to fight her and WAS willing to let Fi be brought in and then brought to her so she probably has to fight and/or kill the king.

971CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:56 am

Megabyte

Doesn't it occur to you that if the king is asking Sadako to kill him it's most likely because he's tired of Nod (rather than being a prerequisite for Sadako to take over)?

972CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:57 am

Megabyte

Another interesting thing is: most likely the king doesn't have a conscience. Then why didn't he turn evil? I think Megan gave us the answer around two months ago or more, but I'll let you tell me what you think too.

973CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:17 am

sticarus

If we assume (it seems quite a few people are probably on this page) that Sadako tried to get Lia to fight her so Lia could take the crown. Why would she reunite Mara with her conscience first? I would think Mara would be much more willing to kill for the crown then Lia. Is it possible that Sadako actually cares that the next ruler is a halfway decent person?

And if you cant have a conscience to be the ruler of Nod, why reunite them?

974CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:02 am

YazzyDream

YazzyDream

Yes, a fight seems really viable too.
Oh, whispers in the ear... remind me of this page.

I like how Sadako's hair is crazy curly there too. It matches so well with the King.

975CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION - Page 39 Empty Re: CURRENT STORY DISCUSSION Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:10 am

carl-E

carl-E

Megabyte wrote:Doesn't it occur to you that if the king is asking Sadako to kill him it's most likely because he's tired of Nod (rather than being a prerequisite for Sadako to take over)?

Exactly my thought! Just look at the bags under his eyes!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 39 of 40]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum