YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clandestine Jones ((POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!))

+31
Megan Rose
Ningyo
Girlfiend
Leth
Tanais
AmberlyssaRoig
Jim North
FanOfFiona
Kugai
Edvard Munch
Lyssterine
TJ
Futch
Mrs. Abject
Mercury
Somnimiles
Shell
Clawdee
Divine Right
douglas
axeslade
Eldan
Nicole
Silverware
Kousagi
Flyinglemon
reba
Midean
Everest
nekomafin
Dinru
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

reba

reba

Midean wrote:Actually you should know that they really are. The problem is that when you have so many the dream state allows them to be easily forgotten.

Yeah, that's probably true. I've tried all that "You, too, can make yourself a lucid dreamer!" hocus-pocus, but to no avail. Maybe my subconscious is just protecting me from knowledge of the Superman jack-in-the-box dream!

Everest

It's funny, I'm a crazy vivid dreamer like Midean. I once had a dream in which I felt my consciousness split among a huge number of people. It was really, really unsettling, to say the least.

Clawdee

Clawdee

I died once in my dream. It sucked. Shot right between the eyes trying to climb into the mens room to catch a bad guy (was a cop). Sad Silly dreams.

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

Shell

All I know is Clandy is weird, and yet completely awesome. She seems to be rather clueless though xD

The few dreams I ever remember are always extremely strange...I've dreamed about being in the middle of a war in a Zelda-esque world, fighting with electricity and foamy anti-electricity stuff.

Eldan

Eldan

Midean wrote:I have had dreams where I've been more than one character in the dream without being aware that I was...

It happens to me, too.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

I'm convinced that Clandestine is a piece of Fiona's subconscious, like I think all, or at least most, of the characters on that first trolley ride were (like the orange imp-witch who owed Fiona's conscience money for some unexplained-but-easily-guessed reason). Clandestine is Fiona's secret desires while hiding and coming to terms with her sexuality, and that's probably why she looks a little like Lia. It's how she was able to draw Fiona into that little mini-dream - because she's a part of Fiona - and that's why it's risky having her around - because she's an impulsive and unpredictable part of Fiona.

Midean

Midean

That makes too much sense. I'm going to stick with love child to a dreamer within dreamland.

And then I let your explanation sink in...

Lia dyes her hair. Sadako's someone Lia can't get rid of. Clandestine's got a a secret about what she is. Is it possible our fractured mind theories might hold value. It could be that Clandestine is to Fiona what Lia is to Sadako. Lia being a more complete version than Clandestine.

reba

reba

Whoa. I think my mind just exploded.

Mercury

Mercury

Mine too. You lost me.

My dreams are soo long and complex, with complete character arcs, and plot twists, and foreshadowing and conclusions. When I wake up I feel like I have just aged like 30 years. According to personal online research, I think it's because I don't complete the REM cycles like I'm supposed to, which could be why my dreams are ridiculously long, and why I'm always so tired during the day.

As for Clandestine, I think she's like a Chamaera. By herself, she is completely harmless, but because she was created by Sadako, when Sadako gains control of her, she becomes an evil weapon/drone.

All I know is that she gives me the creeps.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Haha sorry, I'm an amateur philosopher/psychologist/existentialist/insane person. Most of my day is preoccupied with thoughts similar to that because I've seen movies like Waking Life one too many times.

Mercury

Mercury

Haha! But Somni, I still say that I feel the "Dream" world is more of an ethernet, where it is not solely Fiona's subconscious that the Dream actors perform for. Even Don said he was late for the meeting at Tarantula's because "some guy would not wake up." But that doesn't exactly disprove your theory either, which I have realized while typing it out. Laughing

Mrs. Abject

What are the odds that what Clandestine actually is will be something so incredibly strange that none of you can guess?

I like the theory that Clandestine's a part of Lia, but it's mostly wishful thinking, because while I want Fiona to find Lia and live happily ever after... I'm kind of starting to ship Fiona/Clandy, too. And if they're really two parts of the same person, then I get to have my capybara gyros and eat them, too. lawl bad pun.

I guess on a more realistic note, I've always assumed Clandy was sort of like Lucy in that she's able to impersonate people, but she's got a more complete wish-fulfillment thing going on than just being able to wear someone's head. I don't think if she was just a fragment of someone, that it would give Fiona reason to distrust her, and the fact that Clandestine's potentially dangerous has been pointed out a bunch. (But I hope I'm wrong.)

reba

reba

Mrs. Abject wrote:What are the odds that what Clandestine actually is will be something so incredibly strange that none of you can guess?

I really still believe/hope you're right about that. It's fun to dabble in all the theories (and of course, otherwise we'd have no fuel for discussion), but I hope we never get enough information to guess the real answer before it's revealed. That always makes me feel like I've cheated somehow. I'd rather talk and talk about it and then be totally wrong and totally surprised. Smile

nekomafin

nekomafin

THose are all really cool ideas.

My dreams are always pretty weird. They often have fish in them or snakes. And since I got a snake as a pet she is the main snake usually and wants to eat me. . .

I have been in space in a dream. . . that was amazing.

reba

reba

nekomafin wrote:I have been in space in a dream. . . that was amazing.

Whoa, that sounds amazing! Were you an astronaut, or just free-floatin'? How did it look?

nekomafin

nekomafin

reba wrote:Whoa, that sounds amazing! Were you an astronaut, or just free-floatin'? How did it look?

It was pretty amazing. I think I was just free-floatin'. Smile It looked beautiful, the earth was amazing. . . I think it was a view from right outside the moon. It also felt so peaceful. . . so quiet, it was kind of a bummer when I came down again.

Hey I don't know if anyone has done this but would people be interested in a topic in the "Not about YU ME" area about dreams?

Clawdee

Clawdee

Ok, fixed, the dream thread is in the 'Talk about other things' area guys. Very Happy

Clawdee

Clawdee

I had some weird thoughts earlier today.

What if Clandy, is a vessel for Sadako? Like Sadako is using Clandy to peek in on Fi and all the other dreamers? Like not pretending to be Clandy, but using her body from another area...know what I mean?

axeslade

axeslade

^ Shocked I both like and am horribly terrified of that theory

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

Clawdee

Clawdee

I know! I don't know what I was watching, but the idea just popped into my head! I wasn't even thinking of Yu+Me or Clandy or anything...weird.

Terrifies me to no end though if it's true. But, it would be an excellent plot twist.

Eldan

Eldan

Clawdee wrote:I had some weird thoughts earlier today.

What if Clandy, is a vessel for Sadako? Like Sadako is using Clandy to peek in on Fi and all the other dreamers? Like not pretending to be Clandy, but using her body from another area...know what I mean?

I like the idea, but I hope it's not true.

reba

reba

Clawdee wrote:What if Clandy, is a vessel for Sadako? Like Sadako is using Clandy to peek in on Fi and all the other dreamers? Like not pretending to be Clandy, but using her body from another area...know what I mean?

Would Don be treating it so lightly, though, if he knew that was the case?

Not that that discounts this theory entirely - it might just have to be that Clandy is, in fact, some sort of odd creature - which Don and Fi are aware of - but is also being used to spy - which Don and Fi are not aware of.

Futch

Futch

Perhaps Clandestine played someone in Fi's original dream, someone who we wouldn't normally trust. Like Fi's step mom, or something. She's wearing a different head now, so we don't recognize her, but Fi and Don do by some other trait. It's a farfeched theory, but there it is.

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

nekomafin

nekomafin

Maybe she is Lia's Doppleganger. Do they have to look exactly alike?

TJ

TJ

I'm fond of the "child of dreamer and dream actor" theory, but I can't figure out why such an affair would create something like Clandy.

I don't have a clue what Clandy is. I know there are others like her hanging around (the weird green alien-woman who sat behind them on the trolley, for one). The way people react to her doesn't make it seem like her kind is rare, just... unpleasant. What I think happened when Fiona met her is that Clandy read her heart and tried to become what Fiona most wanted. Clandy seems like a lonely creature to me; maybe she can only relate to people through their fantasies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum