YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clandestine Jones ((POSSIBLE SPOILER WARNING!))

+31
Megan Rose
Ningyo
Girlfiend
Leth
Tanais
AmberlyssaRoig
Jim North
FanOfFiona
Kugai
Edvard Munch
Lyssterine
TJ
Futch
Mrs. Abject
Mercury
Somnimiles
Shell
Clawdee
Divine Right
douglas
axeslade
Eldan
Nicole
Silverware
Kousagi
Flyinglemon
reba
Midean
Everest
nekomafin
Dinru
35 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Dinru

Dinru

This is both a place to discuss theories and, for Megan and any others who know, to laugh at our crazy ideas or gape at their accuracy.

So, what do you thing Clandy is?

Personally, I believe she is a dream projector: while the actors act out the dreams, things like Clandestine are the ones who actually deliver them to the Dreamers. When they want to project without a recorded dream, perhaps they improvise? Just a thought...

nekomafin

nekomafin

I was thinking maybe she is a personification of a nightmare, or a coma. Something strange and kinda crazy. . . as she is strange and kinda crazy.

Maybe she was originally something that worked for Sadako. I like her though, I like how bizarre she is.

Everest

Dinru, I think your theory is probably the best I've heard yet. That said... Forgive me for being a bit wishy-washy, but I suspect we haven't really been given enough information yet about how Dreamland works to figure out what she is. Her name is certainly suggestive, though. There are almost certainly going to be some kind of secrets about her coming out eventually.

Midean

Midean

The child of a dreamer and dream actor. That or the child of two dreamers who only ever met in dreamland.

reba

reba

Ooh, I like those ideas, Dinru and Midean!

I don't feel qualified myself to make any guesses; I'm just enjoying the suspense - but I'm glad we already have a thread for this! It's fun to see everyone's speculations.

What's puzzling me/creeping me out: does anyone have any ideas about Clandy's eyes?

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

I'm going with nightmare too.

Kousagi

I have this crazy idea that Clandestine Jones is in some way Lia trying to reach out to Fiona. I guess I just play too much Silent Hill or something, but it seems like Clandestine would be some kind of manifestation of Lia's love and desire to be with Fi.

Either way, I think Clandestine has a very strong connection to Lia, and it's gonna be with big plot twist that no one was expecting, and we're all gonna be like, "THAT WAS SO COOL." and I'll be like, "hodamn, I called it. sweet."

Or not, and I'll just be like, "ahhhhhhh...damn. Ah well."

As for her eyes, I think its just part of Clandy's weirdness and offsetting appearance.

Shhhhiiii~ you know, I think Clandestine might be a dream manifestation of Fiona's stuffed bunny (or was it a bear? I think it was a bunny, I'm really tired right now). Remember that thing? Didn't it have button eyes too? The one her mother made her! I hella think it might have something to do with that.

tl;dr my money's on either Lia or the Bunny doll.

http://kousagi.deviantart.com

Everest

reba wrote:What's puzzling me/creeping me out: does anyone have any ideas about Clandy's eyes?

I always saw them as a sort of visual metaphor for her childlike simplicity. Which her name still (apparently) clashes with...

Silverware

Silverware

Wow some interesting ideas here.
I think Clandy's a glitch. Something that's there but not supposed to exist.
That would be strange, and Clandy sure is strange
Razz

Nicole

Nicole

Kousagi wrote:
tl;dr my money's on either Lia or the Bunny doll.
Ooh I like that gurss. I hope that even if she isn't the bunny, we see the bunny again at some point.

Eldan

Eldan

Personally I would love her to be a dreaming animal.
She reminds me of my cats sometimes Razz

Nicole

Nicole

Eldan wrote:
Hmm a theory Clandestine is your cats. Plausible. Very Happy

axeslade

axeslade

Oooh, everyone's got really neat theories. I don't have anything original, but I've always felt that Cladestine had to be related to Lia somehow--they've both got that 'crazy-but-cute' thing going on. That and the way she was introduced really makes me lean towards that theory.

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

Nicole

Nicole

My biggest qualm with the idea that she is somehow related to Lia is the dream scene on the bus where it looked like she was trying to replace Lia.

Eldan

Eldan

Nicole wrote:
Eldan wrote:
And one of them is asleep now XD

Dinru

Dinru

Eldan wrote:
Nicole wrote:
Eldan wrote:
And one of them is asleep now XD

Say "hi" to Clandy for me x3

Ad for the relation to Lia... maybe she's the one who projected Fiona's coma dream? She didn't recognize Fiona, but then she realized who it was and decided to give Fiona a sweet dream of her beloved. Perhaps she was even friends with Lia/Lia's actress.

And being an Animals dream is a very plausible opinion. No other comments on that front though, sorry.

Oh, and I like the Dream Actor and Dreamer child theory... perhaps that's why Fiona and Lia's relationship is so Taboo? To prevent things like Clandestine happening again?

douglas

douglas

I think this is going overboard... I think clandestine is just a dream groupie... with some fricky powers... and extremely funny eyes... and a creepy attitude...

Ok maybe it's not that simple... but I don't think it would be that complicated either... she may be a "sand girl" related to the sand man who can make you dream...

Midean

Midean

Other than my child to a dreamer theory. She could be Lia undergoing the harsh punishment where her existence has been fragmented.

Nicole

Nicole

Midean wrote:Other than my child to a dreamer theory. She could be Lia undergoing the harsh punishment where her existence has been fragmented.

Under that theory, do you believe we may see more Lia fragments as the story goes on?

reba

reba

Midean wrote:Other than my child to a dreamer theory. She could be Lia undergoing the harsh punishment where her existence has been fragmented.

Ooh, I like that! I'm not sure if I totally buy it, but that would make things very, very interesting!

On the other hand, if the cat is Clandy, that could seriously upset the fabric of space/time, and that's always cool to watch.

Nicole

Nicole

reba wrote:

Ooh, I like that! I'm not sure if I totally buy it, but that would make things very, very interesting!

On the other hand, if the cat is Clandy, that could seriously upset the fabric of space/time, and that's always cool to watch.
Sure it is all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And their existence.

Midean

Midean

I have had dreams where I've been more than one character in the dream without being aware that I was... The first time one character that I played stabbed the other. The one that was stabbed woke up. I ran to the bathroom puking. I was still dreaming during this time. About 5 real time minutes later I woke completely up and reintegrated. I was perfectly fine.

Hence I would think it's perfectly possible for a separated mind in dreams.

reba

reba

Nicole wrote:[Sure it is all fun and games until someone loses an eye. And their existence.

Haha. Any Terry Pratchett fans around here nerdy enough to think that's as funny as I think it is? Laughing

Midean, wow, that's some crazy dreaming! My dreams are never that dramatic!

Divine Right

She's just some crazy dream land girl.

Midean

Midean

reba wrote:Midean, wow, that's some crazy dreaming! My dreams are never that dramatic!
Actually you should know that they really are. The problem is that when you have so many the dream state allows them to be easily forgotten.
Just don't let yourself wind up as a Superman jack in the box...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum