YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED

+15
Duremite
Megan Rose
Enigma
Moony
Sara
Dinru
shocklance
Eldan
Everest
Somnimiles
Futch
Clawdee
RainbowSprinkles
Nicole
freakingdork
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

freakingdork

freakingdork

I mentioned them in my introductions and enough people showed interest.....

Yes, there is a wall of text. Please read it. I don't like explaining myself a million times (and don't know anyone who does).

Instructions:
Below are the Yu+Me sims I created in BS and Megan thinks they are awesome. Please use clean installer to open them in case you and I do not own the same amount of EP/SP's (you also need .Net framework to run clean installer) and realize that you do at least need The Sims 2 to actually open these things. Razz Technically, they should be basegame compatible, but some LJ community said they had custom content on them (CC) even though my testing shows that they do NOT have CC on them. *twitchyeye*

Please also note that I have packaged all of these files into .rar folders. A .rar is like a .zip...it makes downloading time go waaaaaaaaay down. I personally use WinRar. It says that after the 40 day trial that you MUST buy it or take it off your computer...but all it does is give you that same pop-up any time you open it after the first 40 days. The pop-up is easily close-able too.

Unless we have the same default CC, my game will most likely not look like yours, as I have non-Maxis default skins and eyes. The skins are found here, blended by the ever-wonderful Pooklet. My default eyes are found here, and my choices were Luma (grey), Chocolat (brown), Forest (green), Cerulean (lt blue), and Starry (dk blue). Sadako's eyes actually come from this geneticized set and are called Stardust. I also have default eyebrows too. If you have ANY questions regarding the other CC that you think you might want? ASK ME. I generally know were I got all these things and will be happy to link you to them.

OKAY. Photo and download links time. Very Happy (larger sim pic is how I dressed them up in my game, smaller sim pic is close to how they will show up w/o CC, and then there is pictures from the comic) LINKS are below pictures. <3

FIONA:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Fiona
DOWNLOAD

LIA:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Lia
DOWNLOAD

CONSCIENCE:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Conscience
DOWNLOAD

JAKE:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Jake
DOWNLOAD

DON:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Don
DOWNLOAD

SADAKO:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Sadako
DOWNLOAD

LUCY:
(picture heavy) Sims 2 + YUME = awesome? UPDATED Lucy
DOWNLOAD

***Clandy is in the works. When I actually made these sims, she either wasn't in the comic or hadn't been in it for very long. But I'm working on it. Razz *** I don't know if I'll ever get around to her. She was a hell of a lot harder than I thought and is an abandoned project right now. Maybe if I get bored? I dunno. ***

Update: I deleted the bonus because I just looked at them in game and they're backwards! Awkward! You may or may not see them again, depending on if I'm ever productive enough to refigure out how I did them in the first place hahaha.

But do not be distraught! I do come bearing gifts. Very Happy

I've had a couple of people ask me about Fiona's hair in the pretty-fied picture. While I cannot take a lot of credit for it, it is one that I edited.

First, you will need to go to Mod The Sims and pick up this hair (or at least the mesh). Basically, I took the red one and the blonde one and copy and pasted them together (and changed the hair tie to a cute bunny pattern). Don't worry, I'm not making you do this - I just want you to know how little work I actually did b/c pretty much all the work (creating the mesh, coloring/drawing the hair) goes to Nouk. My edit can be downloaded here.

Since I have Sims 3, I might come out with Yu+Me in Sims 3 style, but....it's rather hard making those sims actually look like people, even comic book people, hahahaha. So don't count on it. XD

Last edited by freakingdork on Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nicole

Nicole

Wow. Shocked Those are really amazing! Makes me wish I played Sims. Razz

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

holy those are awesome. so accurate. That's amazing

Clawdee

Clawdee

I think tomorrow, is a sims day -nods head- I'll clean up my current neighborhood to make room (about 200 sims...same family line...cause I'm crazy...) I'll just put all the elders in one house and play them till they die..

Then start working on a new neighborhood for these guys! :3 we need emoticons that convey so much love they are going to burst...

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

freakingdork

freakingdork

Clawdee wrote:...about 200 sims...same family line...cause I'm crazy...

o.O;;; HOLY CRAP, you are crazy! I only ever get a few generations in and actually I'm very fond of fixing up houses and making the Maxis sims look decent. And making Don Lothario have sex with every man and woman in Pleasantview. XD

PS I totally did the recolor for Fi's hair! Yes, I even occasionally retexture hairs. Cool

Clawdee

Clawdee

Ahahahhaa, yea, well I never played past the 3rd generation of a family, and I wanted to prove otherwise, but then the family just got out of hand, divorce, 10 kids, divorce again, new wife wants 10 kids, several cheaters whose mistresses wanted 10 kids...

here is the family tree so far, http://www.myheritage.com/FP/family-tree.php?s=35235251, the 3rd generation are ALL adults (and seriously, I will never do college with them again) and married, just need to get their pictures in there. Then I'm done with them XD I'll turn them into townies or something.

Futch

Futch

Laura! What have you done? Don't you know that TS2 is like freaking CRACK to me? There goes any chances of passing my classes this semester...

I also enjoy houses most of all, though I currently have this adorable gay couple going. I made them as college sims, they met, fell in love, moved in together, graduated, got married and now have twins. One of the gay guys is an artist and the other is a teacher. It's the longest I've ever taken one family. I'm totally gonna have some fun with these guys though. Thank you for ruining my life Laura, you enabler!! :shock:

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

freakingdork

freakingdork

Futch wrote:Laura! What have you done? Don't you know that TS2 is like freaking CRACK to me? There goes any chances of passing my classes this semester... Thank you for ruining my life Laura, you enabler!! Shocked

Uhhhhh....oops? XD TS2 is also crack for me....Megan just left for work and was like, "Do something other than sims, okay?" >.> I was just looking at the sims family tree that Clawdee sent me (even though I'm supposed to be doing homework)! Okay, back to boring old homework. elephant

Clawdee

Clawdee

The family tree isn't that big, and you can't even see all the pictures (can you?) cause I need to log in and make it not private or something. But seriously "Do something other than sims, okay?" ? Is the best thing ever.

My mom would totally say something along of the lines of 'Do something other then sit on the computer all day, okay?'And I have to look at her, look around the house and go 'like what?' XD

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Liquid awesome in a bottle. I'll have to reinstall Sims 2 soon.

Everest

Oh noes! You're like a pusher, you know that, Laura? I recently uninstalled my Sims 2 so that I could acquire NEW unhealthy obsessions, but now I'm going to have to dig out my install discs so that I can play with my very own Fiona and Lia. And Don, and Jake, and Conscience, and Lucy, and...

Clawdee

Clawdee

Everest wrote:Oh noes! You're like a pusher, you know that, Laura? I recently uninstalled my Sims 2 so that I could acquire NEW unhealthy obsessions, but now I'm going to have to dig out my install discs so that I can play with my very own Fiona and Lia. And Don, and Jake, and Conscience, and Lucy, and...

What's the new obsession? Very Happy

Everest

Well, it was either Rock Band or online message boards. Laughing I still haven't decided!

(I have a thing for games that let me invent a cast of characters and let me play dress-up with them, haha.)

Clawdee

Clawdee

Hmm, you know, if you are able to play in windowed mode you can sim and be chat on boards :3 I Sim, Chat, watch movies online...all at once!

freakingdork

freakingdork

*enables* *pushes* *actslikeadiryslut* Shocked

Hahaha...my computer is super-powered and I got it just so I could have pretty sims....but due to my ENORMOUS downloads folder, playing it windowed and chatting causes lots of issues for me! (okay, so I only have 2.9 gigs of CC, but uh....yeah...I just did some cleaning)

Clawdee

Clawdee

2.9??? Jeeze, I only have a lowly 1.something or other. And I know I need to clean mine out for sure.

Eldan

Eldan

These are great!
I'm going to play sims now... Razz:P:P

shocklance

shocklance

Woah, I can't believe how detailed those charecters are! I didn't know you had that much control on apperance. I've never played the Sims before, but maybe I should look into it. I could make some of the charecters from my W.I.T.C.H. fanfic! Good job Laura. Very Happy

Futch

Futch

So, I took a bunch of pictures of the Laura's amazing sims in my game. Some things you should know, though: I didn't have green hair (I finally downloaded it later) so most of the pics of Jake are him with black hair. Also, just since it's impossible to recreate the story of Yu+Me, and I didn't really want to, I shook things up a bit: Fiona and Jake, in my neighborhood, are brother and sister, and so are Lia and Don. They tell their parents that Jake is dating Lia and Fiona is dating Don, but we all know this isn't true ;) This is them as teenagers. I recently hauled them all off to college where they happily share a two bedroom house. I'll have more pictures of them eventually.

Anywho, Enjoy!

Spoiler:

freakingdork

freakingdork

shocklance wrote:Woah, I can't believe how detailed those charecters are! I didn't know you had that much control on apperance. I've never played the Sims before, but maybe I should look into it. I could make some of the charecters from my W.I.T.C.H. fanfic! Good job Laura. Very Happy

Remember kids, I have a pretty awesome computer to thank for my amazing pictures (and lots of awesome CC creators <3). I already had the Sims on my laptop (before it diiiiiiiiiiiiiied of...probably oldness, overheating (even with an external fan), and/or suckiness) and I had been choosy about which Expansion Packs I had (b/c I could only play with 2-3 and then my computer hated me), even though between Galen and me, we had all of them. I picked out my specs just to have such pretty sims. Yes, I'm a HUGE DORK. <3

Mike, nice shots! I almost used that hair for Fi, but then remembered Nouk's Own Haircut and how that was nearly a perfect match for Fi's hair in a ponytail.

Man, now I wanna go play Sims instead of doing homework.

Futch

Futch

Thanks! Yeah, I bought a macbook pro (which is more powerful than most desktops) for many reasons, but the secret, most important one was for the Sims. I have XP on a separate partition, and aside from a program that allows me retrieve files from my Mac partition, I have nothing but the Sims and Firefox installed on it. I have every single expansion and stuff pack. I payed for maybe three of them (disclaimer, don't steal, especially not via torrents, don't download such programs as utorrent or azerus and search for files on websites such as isohunt or the pirate bay or demonoid because it's wrong. >.> ). XP works better for Sims because it's much less obnoxious than Vista and uses less Ram.

Also, if you haven't discovered the beauty of cheat codes yet, the command is ctrl+shift+c. Look places for a full list of cheats, modthesims.net is a good place to start. I've got so many hacks, for instance I can make any sim that comes to my lot selectable, place objects on an angle, and adjust mood, aspiration, and relationship levels at my whim. Plus many, many more that I shall not mention because you'll think I'm a perv (which I am, but that's not the point). Point being, my computer runs the shit out of the sims. I have nightmares about playing the Sims 1 on my 1995 windows computer years ago and waiting an hour for it to start up, half an hour for any given lot to load, plus another fifteen if I wanted to switch neighborhoods, and at least ten minutes any time I wanted to zoom or rotate the camera. Dark times.

freakingdork

freakingdork

Futch wrote:(disclaimer, don't steal, especially not via torrents, don't download such programs as utorrent or azerus and search for files on websites such as isohunt or the pirate bay or demonoid because it's wrong. >.> ).

LOL. I own all of my Sims stuff legally, but I will admit to downloading a cracked version of Freetime (and then Apartment Life) because Suck-u-rom. Or Securom. Whatever. It would read the disc and decide that because there was ONE SPECK OF DUST on it, obviously it was not the original disc and I was a thieving, lying pirate. Rolling Eyes

I don't have any SPs. I was thinking about buying them, BUT...then some shit went down and I'm refusing to buy from EA.

I do, however, use The Booty for all my paysite CC. And PMBD for the store shit.

Futch wrote:XP works better for Sims because it's much less obnoxious than Vista and uses less Ram.

OMG yes. When I got my computer, they were no longer offering XP (at all, except for business PCs that were waaaaaaaay out of my range and didn't have the shit I wanted). So I have Vista. But I also have 4GB of RAM. <3

Futch wrote:Also, if you haven't discovered the beauty of cheat codes yet...

LOL. I have a separate folder in my DL folder that is labeled "hacks and mods" - 208 files, 11.9 MB. I have a shit ton of default replacements too - 318 files, 185 MB. Insim, ACR, and other very necessary things.

Futch wrote:Plus many, many more that I shall not mention because you'll think I'm a perv (which I am, but that's not the point).

Heh. I probably have them too. Given that I recognized one from your pics. Razz

Futch

Futch

Are you refering to the mirror in Jake's bedroom :PP ?

Ah, yes, the booty. Gotta love the booty.

Nicole

Nicole

OOh those are really nice Futch!

Futch

Futch

:D *wags tail* Thank you! I always like to take snapshots of my sims when I think they're having a good time. I also have movies of their first kisses and of Don asking Jake to go steady.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum