YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Notice these stripes, baby.

+4
Gabe Puratekuta
Nicole
freakingdork
newslang06
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Notice these stripes, baby. Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:29 am

newslang06

newslang06

Hello! My name is Renee! I've been reading YU+ME for some time now and am interesting in making new friends who also like the comic. I'm a writer and I have very high standards* so when I say I love this comic it must be good, yeah?

all about me (I'm kind of bored):

I'm 20 years old and pansexual.

My girlfriend is the most amazingly awesome person ever. EVER. I like her nose. Plus she's really pretty.

I'm a huge comic book fan!

I'm a bit too obsessed with the Decemberists. I think they're the best band ever and that their new album "The Hazards of Love" is enchantingly awesome.

My favorite auther is Lynn Flewelling.

My favorite screen writer is Joss Whedon. BUT I also really, really love Kevin Smith.

I want to be a screen writer.

The "subject" of this post is maybe funny if you know the song New Slang by the Shins, where I got my name. Maybe it's only funny if you're up really late?

It's 4:26 am

I hope you learned a lot. BYE!

*except when it comes to crappy Japanese stories about Arabic princes... I'm not sure why.

2Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:10 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Hello Renee! You are definitely among like-minded people here. :-D

For instance, I am a 20-something pansexual, with an amazing girlfriend, who has mad props for Whedon and the Decemberists, and loves comicbooks! <3

3Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:56 am

Nicole

Nicole

Hello! Hooray for Lynn Flewelling! Have you read both of her series?

4Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Gabe Puratekuta

Gabe Puratekuta

Whoo, Joss Whedon and Kevin Smith!! XD

http://neohanjukio.artician.com/

5Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:21 pm

axeslade

axeslade

Hello there.

Yay for pansexuals with amazing girlfriends! (maybe yu+me fans just attract amazing people? Smile ). I haven't seen much of Kevin Smith...though what I have seen (Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Stirke Back) I love

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

6Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:13 am

newslang06

newslang06

Nicole wrote:Hello! Hooray for Lynn Flewelling! Have you read both of her series?

Yes. More times than I should... sometimes it feels like I never get around to reading anything else... which is why I've been spending a lot of time on Amazon.com buying books.

ALSO Decemberists fans! Yay!

7Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:00 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

OOO I love Kevin Smith, the Decemberists and the Shins Smile We'll get along juuuust fine.

8Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Mercury

Mercury

Ello, Newslang! I also identify as a pansexual. Which is odd that, only a few weeks ago I didn't even know what the word meant, but when I discovered the term, I felt, yeah, that fits. <3 And suddenly, I'm finding pans everywhere. O_O ^_^

9Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:21 pm

newslang06

newslang06

Mercury wrote:Ello, Newslang! I also identify as a pansexual. Which is odd that, only a few weeks ago I didn't even know what the word meant, but when I discovered the term, I felt, yeah, that fits. <3 And suddenly, I'm finding pans everywhere. O_O ^_^

Yeah. When I found the term a few years back I was like, "hmmm.. that sounds like a more adult view of bisexuality. Okay, I'm in."*

*this is not meant to offend anyone who identifies as a bisexual.

10Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:09 pm

jninjacat

What's the difference between pansexual and bisexual? I've never really found an adequate explanation for what pansexual means... Question

11Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:24 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

jninjacat wrote:What's the difference between pansexual and bisexual? I've never really found an adequate explanation for what pansexual means... Question

The difference is....often seen not very big and is definitely not always the case.

For me, pansexual means I love the person, not the genitalia and/or gender. This means, I don't just fall in love with females and males, but trans people, intersex people, and gender queer people as well. For me, bisexual refers to there being a binary system of gender and/or sex (black and white) and I don't believe that gender and/or sex is binary, but rather a spectrum (lots of grey area).

Also, while my chosen word for my orientation is pansexual, I have been known to tell people I'm bisexual when I don't feel like explaining stuff or even "practically a lesbian." So even though my feelings are what I define as pansexual, I don't always go by that label b/c most people don't understand the difference and/or what it means.

12Notice these stripes, baby. Empty Re: Notice these stripes, baby. Thu Mar 26, 2009 6:29 pm

jninjacat

Ah, now I get it. Thanks for the explanation!

--Jninjaca

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum