YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dear Miss Gedris, I have a bone to pick with you.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

smallandmighty

Now, I am a loving reader of Yu+Me and am saddened to see it end, though the 'ending' sans epilogue made me squee like a toddler. (It wasn't a milk chocolate chip cookie, but a white chocolate chip: no matter how much I build them up as awesome, they never fail to disappoint my perceptions and therefore are epic in their awesomeness). However, as a British reader of Yu+Me, I am now somewhat disheartened by your intention to write a new webcomic called Meaty Yogurt.

Don't get me wrong, the name is highly amusing. It just suffers a slight issue in translation; until I found out that it was a play on "mediocre", I was utterly lost as to why it was named thusly. You must remember, for us poor British people, that gets ready as Mee-tee Yog-urt. Like blog-hurt. Not Mee-dee Yo-gur[silent t thing].

My poor British brain can hardly figure out how to pronounce Meaty Yogurt in an appropriate fashion, and so the pun is utterly lost when I try and pronounce it.

Fortunately, I have proposed a solution! Just like we renamed 'Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone' to the 'Sorcerer's Stone', and 'The Northern Lights' to 'The Golden Compass', I feel you should offer us Brits a well deserved 'translated' name. I accept that puns of Mediocre in the British accent are slightly more difficult - I spent half an hour trying to think of more than one - and so am willing to offer you the slightly dubious name of "Meady Ochre".

Admittedly, I much prefer the name of Meaty Yogurt as it is bloody genius, but us Brits need a name we can use as a translation. I'm sure you would agree.

Thank you for reading the ramblings of this poor British accent.
small

P.S. I also feel I should take this opportunity to tell you that Don is the most badass character ever, followed closely by Clandy. (So please please say that Don gets even more awesome in the epilogue?)
P.P.S I'm totally kidding. This is just an issue that I had to raise when I tried to say Meaty Yogurt aloud as it is intended to be said and failed spectacularly. XD

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

I pronounce it mee-tee yo-gurt too. It's not s'posed to sound exactly like "mediocre". It's one of those titles that doesn't have to mean anything, it just is what it is.

http://rosalarian.com

smallandmighty

This makes me inordinately happy. Very Happy

adam

I'd have never picked up on that pun, until now. My upside-down brain just thought "juxtaposition" and went with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum