YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

What do you dream about?

+24
Heyyou!88
crazzycat
blakejustblake
copernicus
Kipper
Tenko Kitsune
freakingdork
shocklance
newslang06
Avi den Kanashimi
Eldan
Everest
billy
Futch
TJ
axeslade
Nicole
rayeine
reba
Somnimiles
RainbowSprinkles
Midean
Danaidae
Clawdee
28 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1What do you dream about? Empty What do you dream about? Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:53 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

To keep topics, well on topic Wink We can chat about dreams here!

I love reading other peoples dreams, and I love posting mine (hoping someone can tell me what they mean!)

I'll start off with a weird one..well, several all tied together actually.

~~~~(wavy dream lines)~~~~

They started as a child, I would go on adventures in my dreams with many kids, but this one boy was special. We would find buried treasure in the park down the street, try to escape the construction workers from behind the complex, and the last one I remember vividly was at a grocery store. We where both in carts, apart from each other, and we where wheeled off by seperate ladies. I remember waking up crying, bursting into my parents room and telling my mother that we needed to find him. I think I was 5 or 6 at the time.

I didn't see him till years later, at age 14 I had another dream. I was at a park, with more friends, when suddenly we where attacked by demons and monsters. I had climbed up onto playground equipment, the kind with holes all in the bottom. And I remember being poked from under it, looking down, and locking eyes with a boy wearing a crown, a dirty crown, but looking into his eyes I KNEW that he was the boy from past dreams.

7 years later and I havn't seen him again in my dreams, but I look for him nightly.

I think maybe, this is what attracted me to Yu+Me, unlike Fi though, I havn't found my dream guy Neutral

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

2What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:07 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

Good luck finding your dream guy. I'm sure he'll come back when you need him most, or he needs you.

I have dreams with lots of detail. Sometimes they have no speaking, only music. Sometimes as I am falling asleep I hear voices whispering or shouting to me. When I'm inclined to think ethereally, I wonder if I am hearing the thoughts or dreams of others. I often wonder if we are on a different plane when we dream. Does anyone else ever wake up paralyzed, and must force themselves to wake up?

So some of my dreams...

1. One of my more recent, and depressing dreams, was of my ex-boyfriend. I was in his room watching him several years in the future. He was alone, his room was dark, and he was just playing video games. Somehow I knew he had killed 5 women since I last saw him. I felt really sorry for him, and was so sad I was never able to help him find himself. When I woke up, I realized the five women he had killed were, in reality, five aspects of my personality.

And now for something more depressing! Actually, I want to turn this next one into a story. I have written it out before but it is very long so I will summarize here.

2. I was at the beach with some friends when an old man in a car pulled up and asked us to help him get his car out of the sand by putting sand tires on his actual tires. These sand tires just looked like huge tennis rackets. We lifted the car with super strength, he thanked us, and drove away. The old man gave me a horrible feeling. Next thing I knew I was walking into an abandoned home that was on the beach because I knew there was something I needed to find. I kneeled down by the kitchen sink, and pulled away planks of wood nailed to the cabinets beneath the sink. When I opened the cabinets, two children rolled out. There skin was a bluish grey. As I cradled them in my arms, I received a vision. A man's hand dropped three chocolate candies, and somehow I knew they were poisoned. The scariest part came when I saw their father running through a wheat field looking for their mother. The kids were still alive. When their father found their mother's body, her face was chopped up by long lacerations. There was no dialogue in this part. Just a loud symphony that went high and low as the characters did. I figured out the one who had killed them all was the old man on the beach. He got away, and I always feared he would find me because I knew the truth.

3What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Midean

Midean

We were a small party. The 5 of us we entered the labyrinth to quell some evil that had been lurking in the shadows. We fought through beasts while trying to find the evil. One by one my companions died leaving only me. Swearing to avenge them I pressed through the final tourchers of this place. I saw that beast, my enemy. I charged. What was this? A strange horn piercing my gut.I was enjoying the games that my friends the animals when word came to me that some one had entered my cursed domain yet again. I sent out scouts so that they might tell me what was going on. Slowly my friends were leaving me. Passing the gate to protect me who had ruled here for some time. It was then that I came to be alone when he came in. He bellowed coming toward me brandishing his sword. I grabbed the horn that a friend had left behind. He shoved himself upon it so quickly I assumed he wanted to die. At this point a nagging feeling that something was very wrong came over me but I could not tell what. I offered him a quick prayer and sat at my throne for what was happening

4What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:47 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

I very rarely remember my dreams but the ones I do are always really bizarre and I never quite understand where my psyche pulled them from. Last week I had a dream that I was getting married to a fairly handsome guy that I know from work. But here's the twist... I wasn't me... I was Miley Cyrus! Yes quite weird I would say especially since I'm fat with no intent of marrying handsome men that I work with and I can't stand Miley Cyrus.

5What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

I wouldn't want to go too much into my dreams because it would be a downer. Suffice it to say I have severe problems with nightmares, but lately a normal one slips through now and then. If you ever want to read some freaked-out Lovecraftian dreams you could probably find the dream journal I started on livejournal by googling my username.

A couple weeks ago I fell asleep in front of the TV and dreamed that I was a member of Section Nine from Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (the show that was on) and we were trying to find some criminal. Pretty much what the plot of the show was, I think.

My "normal" dreams are still pretty out there. When I was a kid I would constantly shift roles in a dream. I'd be me, then I'd talk to some guy and suddenly I'm the guy, walk off and see a woman standing on the sidewalk and then I'm the woman, then more of the story unfolds and she meets an old man, then I'm the old man, etc. Haven't had a dream like that since I was a kid.

I could fill up this entire thread with weird stories about my dreams, like that giant mall, or the yellow rooms.

6What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:58 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

Hmmmm, the only thing I remember about last night is that I should never, EVER watch (the old) 90210, while playing WoW.

Because David and Dylan make horrible WoW players....and they where pissed off at me because I lied to Matt about something and not meeting him for dinner somewhere...because I was with another male friend, just talking...

Maybe my brain just thought I needed more DRAMA in my life? Eh, no thanks brain. Suspect

7What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 pm

Midean

Midean

Dreams and "ghost" sensation.

I've had dreams where I'm handling an animal or another person right before I wake up. After waking up, to an extent I can still feel that I'm handling or holding the snake, mouse, other small animal, or person after I wake up. The thing that bothers me is that I can go through the day, and I can still feel like a mouse is crawling from hand to hand or someone's hand go across my stomach.

Typically after I have a day like this I return to the dream I had the night before although there is a gap in the dream's story line from me being awake all day.

8What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:25 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

I experience the "ghost" sensation as well. It's nice if I dream about a loved one hugging me. Luckily I haven't dreamed of anything crawling on me. It does suck to get hit in a dream, and wake up with a part of my body hurting.

9What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:31 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

My goodness the 'ghost' sensation :/

It's often when I'm holding something, something not alive -shudders-. The other night I don't know what the dream was about, but I took something away from someone, and held it above my head, and I woke up at that moment with my hand up in the air and it looked, and felt like I was holding something, but I wasn't.

And sometimes when I dream about falling from a great hight, I'll wake up when I hit the bottom, and it feels like my bed is bouncing...

10What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:47 pm

reba

reba

Clawdee wrote:My goodness the 'ghost' sensation :/

It's often when I'm holding something, something not alive -shudders-. The other night I don't know what the dream was about, but I took something away from someone, and held it above my head, and I woke up at that moment with my hand up in the air and it looked, and felt like I was holding something, but I wasn't.

And sometimes when I dream about falling from a great hight, I'll wake up when I hit the bottom, and it feels like my bed is bouncing...

Me too! I have a lot of those dream sensations that cause me to move and wake myself up, and then follow me into waking life for a minute or two.

I also have a recurring dream that I'm riding in the backseat of a van, like a soccer-mom van, and going downhill on curvy mountain roads (I live near the southern Appalachians), when the driver vanishes and I have to reach to the front and steer the van to safety. I'm always sitting in the same place, the van is always purple, and being in the backseat I can never reach the brake pedal to stop the thing. (Jung, eat your heart out.)

11What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:56 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

I get feelings like that sometimes too especially when I'm grabbing for something but it's cuz usually when i wake up from dreams if I'm in a really deep sleep it takes my mind a while to fully wake up so dream and reality kind of merge for a while

12What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:57 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

reba wrote: (Jung, eat your heart out.)

Hahahaha! I love that.

A cousin of mine once dreamed she was being choked, and woke up choking herself. I'd be terrified to go back to sleep.

13What do you dream about? Empty Dreamsss. Spooky things. Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:56 pm

rayeine

rayeine

One of the most vivid dreams I've had in a while was something I wanted to turn into a movie for at least a week. It began with two Suits going into an elevator in a corporate building, on one floor, and on a floor below, two look-alike Suits going into an identical elevator. They began at the same time.
The doors open on a split screen. On the upper floor, the Suits calmly step out and walk down the hall. On the lower floor, the elevator is empty but for a tan briefcase with a stain. It's blood.

Random cut to some middle-aged man and some young, high-powered businesswoman. They know nothing of the elevator thing because it's probably the same day or a different company or a somewhat unrelated connected dream. They're plotting something, and the man may or may not be in the mafia.

Now comes the part I remember most clearly. It was clearly in second person.

You're in a church, going to a funeral for someone you don't know, for reasons you're unaware of. Something is subtly off. Amidst the mass of black that is the mourners, there is a clear aura of glee, but it feels slightly off. You can see the. It's white, tinged with crimson, and you realize what's wrong with the glee, even in this morbid setting. The people are worried.
There aren't any windows in the church, stained glass or otherwise, but there's a light. You look up, and there's a frosted-glass skylight.
Suddenly you're in a line with the others, presumably to pay your respects to the dead, shuffling forward to the sound of an organ like you're a kid again, fidgeting in line for Communion.
A shadow falls on the center of the room. You, of course, stand in the umbra.
All eyes dart up, nervous. You slowly follow their gaze and resist the urge to scream.
There is a dark mass on the skylight. You can just see the blurred silhouette, spread-eagled on the glass. No one moves. They are waiting for something.
The glass suddenly clears, no longer frosted, and you can make out the body that fell from nowhere and now lies above you, broken. There isn't any blood.
The corpse rolls so that its face is pressed to the window. The people begin to whisper, relieved again.
You recognize the features as you reach the altar and the coffin beside it. It was empty before, you are sure of this.
The light clears, and blood pools at your feet as the skylight breaks and the mangled body falls into the coffin, eyes open and miraculously not impaled by the shards of glass that pierce the rest of it. You meet your own eyes through another piece of glass, as the red drips onto it, onto your black dress as it turns white, and you are showered in thorny roses, heavy coins as the coffin closes on your panicked face. The last thing you see is your corpse smiling at you and vanishing, and the last thing you hear is the mourner's raucous laughter.

...Anyone else think it would make a good short?

http://xoxraynex.deviantart.com/

14What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

Wow rayeine, that is a weird dream, but it would totally make a great movie short, possibly, even a music video.

15What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:07 pm

rayeine

rayeine

Yeah...not quite sure how it would work, though. It's very strange.

http://xoxraynex.deviantart.com/

16What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:10 pm

Nicole

Nicole

I enjoy the horror genre so a lot of the time my more fun dreams are about zombies, vampires, and/or werewolves. Other then that I mostly only remember the unpleasant dreams.

17What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:06 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

From my short 1 hour nap:

First started out with my aunt taking me to visit her for a week, and while there, she took me to Disneyland (cause I love Disney and she lives an hour away form it). Then, I was visiting my friend Amanda...somewhere, it was like a camp? It had several kids there, and it was a camp about living in the old days?

I remember Amanda trying to get pictures of bears, and telling her to get away from them, because they looked pissed.

Inside the lady running the place had a butt load of chinchilla's, and I was holding one and petting it while she told me about the horried past of the camp. Alot of death, and I got an uneasy feeling being with her in the room. So I went outside to take pictures because it was a beautiful place.

Taking pictures of a path that was pretty, I girl showed up in the picture as I was reviewing it, I looked up, she was standing there, then she turned to walk down the path, and other people just showed up, and as she walked up to them, they all disapeared..but looking at her I knew something was wrong back at the so called 'camp'.

I ran back, only to find that a camper had murdered both the Camp Leader (not the chinchilla lady) and then her boyfriend (? He wore leather and had a whip..just hanging around in a forest..idk what he was) but the kid didn't know why..it just happened...

I rushed outside, saw more spirits, but I knew why they where then, I called for all the kids to come watch, the spirits went into the house, and dragged away the souls of the 2 bad people.

We figured out that they had kept the kids drugged with putting crack in their food and clothes (??) and torturing them in the most horrid ways. And I tried showing them the picture, but it was gone from my camera...

Flash too...

We where just making a movie. Hah, I know, kinda like 'it was all just a dream....' Razz But it's not over! While me and all the actors are celebrating the wrap of the movie trying to squish ourselfs into a tiny pool next to the house we used, I see something in the window, it was a creepy girl, kinda like from the grudge (never saw the movie but saw previews) and no one else see's her! I stumble over people and reach into the house to try and grab her hair, and I actually FELT IT, like in real life...then my sister woke me up. Neutral

But it was just too damn weird.

18What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:41 pm

axeslade

axeslade

Danaidae wrote:I experience the "ghost" sensation as well. It's nice if I dream about a loved one hugging me. Luckily I haven't dreamed of anything crawling on me. It does suck to get hit in a dream, and wake up with a part of my body hurting.

This summer, I had a dream that I was with my girlfriend (she who is a thousand miles away)...and I woke up because she said something to me. I swear I could feel her body against mine Crying or Very sad ...when I woke up, it turns out said weight was my cat. Laughing

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

19What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

I had a weird one last night. :/ Well, I had 2, that I remember, 1 bad and one very, very good.

First one:

I was staying with my 'dad' (guy who I called dad since I was 2) in an apartment building, I went over to his neighbors to hang out with him, he knocked me out, and I woke up being raped by neighbor guys friend. I was able to get away and run over to my dads place to call the cops. None of his phones worked.

By then neighbor guy was outside guarding the door so I couldn't get out and call the cops from somewhere else...but I managed to get out of the apartment and was running (I do alot of running in my dreams, maybe it's my subconcise saying 'run more fatty'?)I got close to a nice looking house and passed out, mostly from running and heat..I think.

I woke up with an elderly lady looking over me, I was in her house. I told her I needed a phone, now, please. She lived with her 2 granddaughters, who where about my age. I was able to call the cops, and while waiting for them to show up, neighbor guy showed up with a couple thugs. I was down in the basement when they caught me. I was just throwing things, hard things, I shoved my palm into one guys face and gave him a black eye.

That's when the cops showed up. End of that dream.

Good Dream :

I married Jeff Goldblum :3 cheers

20What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:44 pm

TJ

TJ

Danaidae wrote:I experience the "ghost" sensation as well. It's nice if I dream about a loved one hugging me. Luckily I haven't dreamed of anything crawling on me. It does suck to get hit in a dream, and wake up with a part of my body hurting.

Ooh. That happens to me a lot.
A really creepy case of it that happened when I was younger: I was slowly waking up from a very foggy kind of sleep, and I felt that I was hugging something small and cuddly that hugged me back. I assumed it was the stuffed animal I used to sleep with. But when I let it go and turned over, I felt the sheets collapse behind me. I sat bolt upright - and my stuffed animal was at the FOOT of the bed. I have no idea what I was hugging.

21What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:56 pm

TJ

TJ

I've been wondering:
How many of you have had dreams like the one that started Yu+Me?

Part of the reason I love this comic so much is that I've had the same thing happen to me - I've fallen in love in a dream and then been devastated when I woke up.

22What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:53 pm

reba

reba

TJ wrote:I've been wondering:

Part of the reason I love this comic so much is that I've had the same thing happen to me - I've fallen in love in a dream and then been devastated when I woke up.

I have! I don't remember much about it; I was in high school when this happened, but I had a series of dreams about a sweet-looking dark-haired boy whom I saw (in the dream) in another car while I was riding in the backseat, and I was determined to follow him to the ends of the earth.

A lot of my memorable dreams take place in cars or on trains.

23What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:06 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

TJ wrote:I've been wondering:

My dreams are often about meeting men, getting together with them, and then waking up and wishing I could go back to dream world. The only one that really bugs me, like deep down, is the dream I started when I set up this post.

I know it was from when I was alot younger, but something about it still...ugh, I don't know, get's to me I guess, like every night I feel like I'm searching my dreams for the one guy again, like I'm dream dating all these guys trying to find just that ONE.

I often day dream about talking to a guy from eHarmony, somehow starting on about dreams, and I start telling him that dream and he finishes my dream, but from the boys point of view, and in shock. Then we fall madly in love, and blah blah blah.

24What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:08 pm

TJ

TJ

Clawdee wrote:
I know it was from when I was alot younger, but something about it still...ugh, I don't know, get's to me I guess, like every night I feel like I'm searching my dreams for the one guy again, like I'm dream dating all these guys trying to find just that ONE.

Exactly. I've fallen for dream people plenty of times, but somehow, that one guy was special. And it was so awful when I started waking up, because... it was like he was REAL. He realized what was happening, and he looked shocked, saying, "You're a DREAMER? Wait! What planet? What year?"

Clawdee wrote:
I often day dream about talking to a guy from eHarmony, somehow starting on about dreams, and I start telling him that dream and he finishes my dream, but from the boys point of view, and in shock. Then we fall madly in love, and blah blah blah.

lol. I've had something like that happen to me IN a dream. I get a lot of dreams within dreams.

25What do you dream about? Empty Re: What do you dream about? Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:39 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

TJ wrote:

lol. I've had something like that happen to me IN a dream. I get a lot of dreams within dreams.

Dreams in dreams XD I think I've had one of those and I don't even remember it, but it was in the last 5 months, totally weird. I do remember thinking, in the dream 'huh, so I just dreamed in a dream?' I knew I was in a dream but I didn't wake up, just continued with the dream.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum