YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

If you could meet ANY five people...

+4
Somnimiles
carl-E
Nyahhh
Mr. Toasty
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1If you could meet ANY five people... Empty If you could meet ANY five people... Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:16 pm

Mr. Toasty

Way back when I was working my first job (this was in ye olde late 90s), I picked up a library book that had an interesting question in it: "if you could have dinner with any ten people--living or dead, fictional or real--who would you invite?" (or something along those lines) So now I am posing this question, but instead of dinner, I will simply say "meet", and instead of ten, I will say "five", because five is easier. Me first!

1: Akira Kurosawa, Japanese film director
2: C. S. Lewis, English novelist and theologian
3: William Shakespeare, bard of Avon
4: Richard Wagner, composer (though I completely disagree with his anti-Semitism)
5: Chewbacca, awesome wookiee

They don't have to be in any order. Descriptions of who they are might be helpful for those of us not "in the know".

2If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Sun May 09, 2010 10:34 pm

Nyahhh

Nyahhh

to make this more fun I'll answer like you ask who'd I'd like to fuck.... because thats more fun ^_^

1. Kiera Knightly/ Domino
2. Natalie Portman
3. Scarlett Johansson
4.5.6. The Ladies from the band Hunter Valentine

3If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Fri May 14, 2010 5:58 pm

carl-E

carl-E

1. Albert Einstein. Just a regular guy, but saw into the fabric of the cosmos.

2. Mozart. Same deal, but with music.

3. Ben Franklin. Where did all that accumulated wisdome come from?

4 and 5. My great grandparents (paternal grandfather's side). Seems they were rather incredible people in their own right. I'm his namesake. He was an artist and a printer, lived to 93, died a few years before I was born. She was 10 years his senior, died at 101 working in her garden. She lived through the civil war...

4If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Tue May 25, 2010 6:47 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Hmm........

1. Kurt Vonnegut
2. Bob Dylan
3. Alanis Morissette
4. J.D. Salinger
5. Carl Jung

5If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Tue May 25, 2010 8:32 am

Sporadic

Another day this would probably be completely different...

1. Socrates
2. Hypatia
3. Finrod Felagund
4. Amanda Palmer
5. Richard III

6If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:17 am

Mask

Mask

Real or fictional, you say? So many people to choose from...

Captain Kirk
Albert Einstein
Frida Kahlo
Salvador Dali
Karl Marx

I think they would make for an interesting conversation.

7If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:35 pm

shocklance

shocklance

Oh wow, that's a good question, and a tough one for me to answer, but if i'd have to chose I would have to go with:

1. Patrick Stewart, awesome actor and one of my favorite Star Trek captians
2. Lenord Nemoy, I actually missed out on a chance to meet Spock, I found out to late that he was going to be at Emerald City Comicon at Seattle. I found out the day before and I had to work the next day, I was sooo ticked!!! Mad
3. Terry Brooks, one of my favorite authors, creator of the Shannara series and one of my biggest inspirations to be an author myself
4. George Lucas, need I say more?
5. Will Smith, another of my favorite actors. On a side note, if you haven't seen the new karate kid movie staring his son Jaden and Jakie Chan (another person I'd love to meet BTW)go do so now! You heard me, go, go see the movie!

8If you could meet ANY five people... Empty Re: If you could meet ANY five people... Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:45 pm

Xshu

I would probably pick five sci-fi inventors and then spend our entire conversation taking notes while I ask them how their inventions work. Even if I don't know what any of it means, I'd just copy the notes and hand them off to some Universities. Then I would hope that at some point in the next few decades we would live in space and/or houses made of lasers.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum