YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

I was appalled to see this in the news...

+4
Dinru
Sporadic
Kugai
shanidl
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

shanidl

Dad 'forced son, 14, to have sex with prostitute' Print E-mail
Written by The bulletin | Kieran Campbell
Wednesday, 23 December 2009 06:20

A ROCKHAMPTON dad is accused of forcing his son to have sex with a prostitute because he feared the 14-year-old was gay.

During a family barbecue around Christmas time in 2007, the dad allegedly phoned a prostitute and arranged to meet her at a motel on Yaamba Road, North Rockhampton.

The father drove his son to the motel and paid the prostitute in $50 notes.

The prostitute took the boy into a motel room while the father waited on a balcony.

The dad walked in and out of the room to check on his son and told him he wanted to see a used condom as proof that they’d had sex. After the boy and the prostitute had finished the dad took his son home.

A magistrate yesterday found there was enough evidence against the father for him to stand trial for the rape of his son.

Giving evidence during the committal hearing in Rockhampton Magistrates Court, the boy’s mother testified she questioned the youngster about where his father had taken him.

“First (he) didn’t want to say anything to me. Then he told me his father took him to a motel room and there was a prostitute there,” the mother said.

“He wouldn’t talk, he just started crying.”

Police first became aware of the alleged rape when the father phoned the Child Protection Investigation Unit on May 5, 2008.

Detective Sergeant Christine Knapp answered the phone call, during which the father allegedly accused police of not acting on suspicions that his 14-year-old son was “abusing” his younger brother.

The dad allegedly told police he had “tried to sort it out himself by taking (his son) to a prostitute”.

Sergeant Knapp said she warned the father over the phone before driving to the family’s home and speaking with the mother and child.

The prostitute alleged to have had sex with the teenager has never been located.

Source: http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au

Sergeant Knapp said she tracked the father’s mobile phone calls to trace the prostitute’s number, but without knowing a date of the alleged offence she could not track the woman down.

The prostitute was described to police as being about 28-years-old, tall and skinny with tanned skin and dark, long hair.

Sergeant Knapp said the teenage boy appeared to be quite embarrassed when he was asked by police about the rape.

A date will be set in the new year for the matters to be heard in a higher court.

Kugai

Kugai

What a complete fucking asshole!!!!

http://kugaiavows.multiply.com/

Sporadic

I used to live in Rockhampton. Sadly, this news doesn't altogether surprise me - it's not exactly tolerance capital of the world. Still, it's chilling to see this with familiar place names.

shanidl

I hate the fact that this happened in the same country as me so it being the place you used to live must be really unsettling.

Sporadic

Indeed. I have teenage sons, and I just cannot understand how anyone would do that. I know that there is tolerance and intolerance everywhere, but I am still really glad we left.

Dinru

Dinru

Why did I read that I feel so sick. Grrr. That's just... UGH. There is SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS.

Megabyte

Unfortunately, this kind of thing is nothing new. Most of the times it happens it doesn't surface to the media.

Kitt

Kitt

There's a lot of ignorance in the world - and that's probably the saddest part about things like this: The father TRULY believed he was doing something good for his son. Still, I hope that poor boy finds the strength to move forward, and not let the past haunt him. Maybe he'll come across Yu+Me =)

Mew!

BrokenDoll

This kind of thing makes me feel kind of sick to my stomach...not only did the dad force his son to do that, he also was stating,in a way, that he wouldn't accept it if his son was,in fact, gay.

At least,that's how I see it...

http://kittykar032393.tumblr.com

Starlight435

This is just...wrong. Wrong on so many levels...I feel dirty for even thinking that someone like that could exist in this world.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]