YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Theories and Ideas: Whose Clandy's original person? Lucy a spy?

+12
Redrum
la_chinchilla
Nemye
carl-E
Louisa
Katisanse
Erie
Mrs. Abject
Dinru
Michael
Somnimiles
YazzyDream
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Michael

Nemye wrote:On the subject of Clandy's original person, if it was Sadako, wouldn't that imply that Sadako is a real person?

Yes, it would. Someone with the same kind of power as Fi ought to be able to take over the dreamworld, maybe only another like them could stop that.

la_chinchilla

Michael wrote:
Nemye wrote:On the subject of Clandy's original person, if it was Sadako, wouldn't that imply that Sadako is a real person?

Yes, it would. Someone with the same kind of power as Fi ought to be able to take over the dreamworld, maybe only another like them could stop that.

Great, now I am craving an epic dreamer showdown! Razz

Michael

I do hope it goes like Fi fighting the Baku but with the same kinds of powers on both sides.

That would explain something about Baku. Sadako dreamed him up?

29Theories and Ideas: Whose Clandy's original person? Lucy a spy? - Page 2 Empty Here's a thought... Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:31 pm

Redrum

Redrum

I wonder if Sister Mary might actually be a real person and have a conscience... I wonder if there's some sort of connection between Sister Mary and Fi's conscience Mary.

http://www.freewebs.com/irinadeidara

Dinru

Dinru

Redrum wrote:I wonder if Sister Mary might actually be a real person and have a conscience... I wonder if there's some sort of connection between Sister Mary and Fi's conscience Mary.

I take it you're getting at Clandy being Sister Mary's conscience?

Also, I'm starting to wonder if the foreshadowing towards Lucy being a spy is a red herring. Megan's been fairly straight-up about foreshadowing thus far- things tend to be foreshadowed, and somewhat predictable in some cases. She knows that we're expecting it.

Dinru

Dinru

Perhaps Clandy's original person was Fiona's Mom, and since she died, she was disconnected. Maybe Clandy lost track of time or something?

Siubh

I posted the full theory over in Sadako's thread, but I definitely believe that Clandy is Sadako's conscience.

I also believe that Sadako was behind the letters, the script, and even Fiona finding the book (somehow).

I don't believe that Lucy is a traitor or spy, at least, not knowingly. But with the powers Sadako had, it may not be something she's aware of.

ponds

ponds

Dinru wrote:Perhaps Clandy's original person was Fiona's Mom, and since she died, she was disconnected. Maybe Clandy lost track of time or something?
That's actually kinda thought-provoking...

I was thinking that she could have been Sadako's but...I don't know what to make of the fact that Sadako has been visiting Lia in dreams since they were kids.

34Theories and Ideas: Whose Clandy's original person? Lucy a spy? - Page 2 Empty Clandy's pretty old. Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:48 am

Andrea_44

Andrea_44

Clandy's actually pretty old. According to http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=1490 , she's been "disconnected" from her person for 135 real world years. Below, Megan says that that equates to 1890 Dream World years. I think 135 years ago would be long enough ago for her to be Sadako's conscience when Lia knew her.

On the other hand, Sadako didn't seem as crazy as a conscience-less person when she was appearing in Lia's dreams, so maybe she still had a conscience back then? Or maybe she's just a dream person and doesn't need one? Then her powers would have to come from a different source, because only "real" people can manipulate the dream world, as far as we know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HK5AI6Lt_o

emeraldbeacon

emeraldbeacon

Ok... Sadako's reign began in 1870. We learn that Clandestine has been a concience without a person for 135 years, in March of 2005. The math puts Clandestine's loss at almost the precise time that Sadako took over the Dream Realm... seems obvious that the math adds up, so I'd consider that pretty much a done deal (unless the mindfuck goes way deeper than we imagine).

As for why Sadako did what she did... it seems obvious that she needs a Real Worlder who's severed their connection, for some nefarious plan. She lured Lia into the Dream Realm and tried to keep her there on her own. When Lia's attention was drawn back to the real world because of George, Sadako used an illusion of him to get Lia to seal her doorway home. When Lia proved impossible to turn, for whatever reason, she used Lia to seduce Fiona... who now seems eager and ready to fight Sadako.

If you ask me, that's EXACTLY what Sadako wants. I think realworlders that voluntarily enter the Dream Realm have immense power, but that said power can't affect another realworlder. Maybe it's something like Highlander... kill another realworlder, take their potential for power. Sadako wanted Lia to fight, but when she refused, she used Lia to get Fiona so drawn into her first coma-dream, she would stop at nothing to get back.

What I want to know is... how did Sadako know that Fiona would find the book, and with it, a way back in? Does she have some way to extend her power outside of the Dream World? Did she (or one of her agents) put Lia's book exactly where Fiona would find it, to bring her back in... with so much hatred towards Sadako, that the duel between them would be inevitable?

http://emeraldbeacon.deviantart.com/

Louisa

emeraldbeacon wrote:What I want to know is... how did Sadako know that Fiona would find the book, and with it, a way back in? Does she have some way to extend her power outside of the Dream World?

Quite a lot of people attribute waking-world actions of theirs to things that occurred in dreams: from dreams in the Bible often being viewed as prophetic through to the writing of Frankenstein and the discovery of benzene's structure. If you can control the content of every dream ever dreamt, I imagine you can influence the real world quite nicely without ever having to go there yourself. You just need a suitably suggestible dreamer.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum