YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

A theory about Sadako

+7
Louisa
justclosethedoor
justafraction
Edvard Munch
Dinru
Chuck_R
Futch
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1A theory about Sadako Empty A theory about Sadako Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:57 am

Futch

Futch

This is completely speculation and completely unfounded. It was just a brainwave I had. It's more like a "it would be cool if" kind of thing. But...

What if Sadako was born without a head? And she was actually in Fi's dream, playing the roles of Sister Mary and Fi's Step-Mom. I don't think we've ever seen them in the same panel, and they would be ideal roles for Sadako to play to make sure things go the way she wants them to.

Thoughts?

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

2A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Wed Jun 24, 2009 7:00 pm

Chuck_R

Chuck_R

She certainly seems psychotic enough...

I've just been reading Lovecraft, so what with Sadako being a) not human, b) seriously evil and c) able to manipulate people's dreams, I can't help but wonder whether she's some shape-shifting cousin of Cthulu...

(Alternatively, Firefox's spellchecker flags up "Sadako", offering the suggestions of "Saddam" and "sadist" - you never know! Very Happy )

http://www.chuck-revel-guitars.cjb.net

3A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Dinru

Dinru

Woah. I never thought of that. That would also explain the sudden swirly-eye thing at the very end of part 1- it came built into the head. Or maybe she changed heads, and Megan hid it so as to not spoil us and Fiona forgot all about it because it was just that freaky.

4A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 pm

Edvard Munch

Edvard Munch

"She certainly seems psychotic enough..."

ROFL - Agreed!

I'm just waiting impatiently to see what happens Suspect ..and hoping for a sequel.

About the "swirly eye thing", it made me think of the Chinese Taijitu symbol or supreme ultimate then; and now i keep thinking of Sadako and Clandy as ying/yang entities.

<speaking of brain farts....>
Who is Lia's father and why doesn't he have a face? Razz annnd maybe Clandy works for Uncle Richard? ...i know, i know, i'll stop typing now Razz

5A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:54 am

justafraction

i always try to make stories fit around each other, so in my head sadako appears as a nightmare and, though the story would suck if it turned out this way, i keep expecting Dream to turn up and fix everything(referencing a game of you). i know megan rose/rosalarian has said she read it after planning the story, so she wasn't inspired by it.

6A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:05 pm

justclosethedoor

well thats a good theory but if she was born without a head why would she show up in the dream as herself?

7A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:11 pm

Louisa

Sister Mary, Fi's stepmother and Sadako all have very different skin tone, something that a mere head-change wouldn't alter. Sadako can evidently change her appearance - see the George impersonation - but it looks like the eye is something she can't get rid of, which is why "George"'s right eye was covered by a bandage. Therefore although your theory is interesting, I don't think it fits with what we've seen in the comic thus far.

8A theory about Sadako Empty a different theory Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:00 am

EndlessD

I have a different theory on Sadako. As we all know, it's a possibility that Sadako was kind of like Lia. She ended up in the Dream World and got separated from her Conscience (Clandy). I got this weird feeling that Sadako might have had romantic feelings for Lia during their time together in Lia's Dream. Sadako wanted her to be happy, didn't like it when Lia talked about George, and even impersonated George so that Lia could be happy. As for the physical changes (eye), evilLia certainly experienced physical changes, horns, etc.

http://www.endlessdestiy.deviantart.com

9A theory about Sadako Empty Newbie chiming in Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:28 pm

Siubh

I just caught up with the full comic, and decided to see what the forum said about some things.

Read this thread, and decided that it can't hurt to toss in my own theory.

There's some logical chaining here, so I'll put up the data I saw that convinces me of my theory.

1) Sadako taught Lia about the Dream world. A lot about the dream world. Enough that a book written by her was sufficient to get Fiona back inside.

2) Sadako held Lia's conscience deliberately. Given her position, we can be fairly certain she knew what would likely occur.

3) When Lia was caught, Sadako initially wanted to fight her. Clearly, that was planned, and she expected Lia to be in a mindset where they would fight.

4) My reading of the Fiona's Coma Dream sequence is that Sadako wanted Lia to fall for Fiona, and vice versa - there seems every evidence that Sadako threatened Lia's Conscience to make her change her attitude on that very subject.

My theory: Sadako is tired of ruling the place, and wants a successor. I expect her bit as George was an attempt to eventually bring Lia around peacefully, but it fell through. So she decided to make Lia into someone who could kill. That, too, fell through.

The Fiona's Coma dream can be viewed in one of two ways. First, an attempt to make Lia angry enough to fight Sadako, or, alternately, an attempt to groom Fiona for the position she'd originally intended for Lia.

1) Sadako banned Fiona from the dream world, but, Someone made sure that Fiona found the dream book.

I think that someone was Sadako herself, doing her best to make Fiona angry enough to join the DWLF and do some damage. Again, notice how Fiona's conscience was taken, practically guaranteeing that she'd become unhinged. Of course, Fiona, like Lia before her, doesn't react quite as expected, and goes haring off after Lia.

So, another change in plans. Make sure to get a diary of Lia's movements into Fiona's hands. Get them together. Maybe, comparing notes, one of them will get angry enough to do what must be done.

Why must it be done? That's a question. Clearly people can be killed in the Dream World - but can they suicide? Maybe suicide isn't in Sadako's nature, maybe the position has to be taken by force?

Of course, this is all pure speculation, but from what I've seen, at least parts of it fit the facts, and none of it contradicts what we know - so far. At least, not that I can see.

10A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Fri Jan 22, 2010 12:31 am

Dgcakes

Siubh wrote:I just caught up with the full comic, and decided to see what the forum said about some things.

Read this thread, and decided that it can't hurt to toss in my own theory.

There's some logical chaining here, so I'll put up the data I saw that convinces me of my theory.

1) Sadako taught Lia about the Dream world. A lot about the dream world. Enough that a book written by her was sufficient to get Fiona back inside.

2) Sadako held Lia's conscience deliberately. Given her position, we can be fairly certain she knew what would likely occur.

3) When Lia was caught, Sadako initially wanted to fight her. Clearly, that was planned, and she expected Lia to be in a mindset where they would fight.

4) My reading of the Fiona's Coma Dream sequence is that Sadako wanted Lia to fall for Fiona, and vice versa - there seems every evidence that Sadako threatened Lia's Conscience to make her change her attitude on that very subject.

My theory: Sadako is tired of ruling the place, and wants a successor. I expect her bit as George was an attempt to eventually bring Lia around peacefully, but it fell through. So she decided to make Lia into someone who could kill. That, too, fell through.

The Fiona's Coma dream can be viewed in one of two ways. First, an attempt to make Lia angry enough to fight Sadako, or, alternately, an attempt to groom Fiona for the position she'd originally intended for Lia.

1) Sadako banned Fiona from the dream world, but, Someone made sure that Fiona found the dream book.

I think that someone was Sadako herself, doing her best to make Fiona angry enough to join the DWLF and do some damage. Again, notice how Fiona's conscience was taken, practically guaranteeing that she'd become unhinged. Of course, Fiona, like Lia before her, doesn't react quite as expected, and goes haring off after Lia.

So, another change in plans. Make sure to get a diary of Lia's movements into Fiona's hands. Get them together. Maybe, comparing notes, one of them will get angry enough to do what must be done.

Why must it be done? That's a question. Clearly people can be killed in the Dream World - but can they suicide? Maybe suicide isn't in Sadako's nature, maybe the position has to be taken by force?

Of course, this is all pure speculation, but from what I've seen, at least parts of it fit the facts, and none of it contradicts what we know - so far. At least, not that I can see.
I actually really agree with your theory and was going to post something along those lines myself.

There is something else that might point to Sadako trying to keep Mary from Fiona so Fi gets unhinged: Mary was fired as a proper conscience and so it might make Fiona even more unpredictable and less likely to be calmed by her the way Lia was. We do know the orders came from someone other than Mary's boss.

However, this does bring up the question of the note: if trying to keep the consciences away is the goal, who warned Mary to go find Fi? XD I just found this comic today and my head's spinning after reading all of that.

I really hope Clandy finds her person again, whether Sadako or not, since Clandy's sweet and I like her. XD

11A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:09 am

Siubh

As to who sent the note to Mary, I currently haven't a clue. Not even a hypothesis based on observation.

I do, however, have a SWAG. (Scientific, wild-arsed, guess).

Lia's Conscience. I have absolutely no evidence for that. I have nothing that even hints towards it. Still, something about it resonates with me.

12A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:50 am

Dgcakes

So I just had this weird idea on the whole thing. Sadako may not have written the original script or the note because originally Sarah was the main part and Lia was thrown in but not supposed to be there. If Sadako'd have written it to go with her plans, I think she'd have had Lia in from the getgo. We do know she was the one revising the script.

13A theory about Sadako Empty Re: A theory about Sadako Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 am

pinecone

pinecone

Do we have any evidence of Sadako being mean before 1941? Perhaps it was only her loss of Lia that made her that way.

After that it was revenge that made her hold back Lia's Conscience. And later made her put Lia in Fiona's dream to "turn her bi" so she could get her back. The taunting and script rewrites were all just to push Lia into Fiona's arms.

We know that Sadako didn't consider what Lia had done in the dream to be a crime because she didn't imprison her and even sent her royalty checks.

2nd point:
Sadako had not originally intended Fiona to know that her dream was scripted and that Lia was an actor. Sadako expected Fiona to disappear on 433 and was surprised when she didn't. That means the whole dream was only for the purpose of affecting Lia and Fiona was just some girl she selected to appeal to Lia.

3rd point:
I think Sadako banished Fiona from Dreamland to see if she was strong enough to get back in on her own.

She recognized that Fiona had unusual power in 436 ("I see it now. In the eyes.") and had to use the full power of her own eye to throw her out.

That would suggest Sadako planted Lia's book for Fiona to find... but how does a dream affect what happens in reality??

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum