YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Not cool, California!

+3
Megan Rose
RainbowSprinkles
Flyinglemon
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Not cool, California! Empty Not cool, California! Tue May 26, 2009 6:19 pm

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_12451435?source=most_viewed
Can't think of anything else to say right now.

2Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Tue May 26, 2009 7:43 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

My friends and I took to calling Cali "the Fail State" back when prop 8 first got passed.

3Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Tue May 26, 2009 8:11 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

Oh, I am so angry, but too tired to be enraged. Mad Sleep

http://rosalarian.com

4Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Tue May 26, 2009 10:50 pm

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

RainbowSprinkles wrote:My friends and I took to calling Cali "the Fail State" back when prop 8 first got passed.
Yeah. I sat in the student life center of Mt. SAC with my friends, and we tried to make the most of it the day that prop 8 passed. Looking at it optimistically, we got a Shiny new president and a Train from the future.

5Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Wed May 27, 2009 11:39 am

Sara

Sara

the gay marriage thing (bill? proposal?) was vetoed after passing in state senate and loosing by like 2 votes in the house.
but the cali thing is totally wtf.
welll, give it time, im sure nearly everywhere will be thinking about it soon enough

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

6Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Wed May 27, 2009 12:28 pm

Eldan

Eldan

Still, you're lucky in America that they discuss it. Here (in Poland) is much worse - the society is very homophobic, even people who considered themselves open-minded...
So I don't think they will even considered voting it in the near future... or even further one.
It is sad to say but gay people have absolutely no rights here.

7Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Wed May 27, 2009 7:45 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

I love Canada... nuff said.

California is the Fail State because while Cali refuses to let gay marriage happen... IOWA has allowed same-sex marriage. I mean c'mon California... IOWA!

8Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Sun May 31, 2009 5:41 am

Duremite

Duremite

I voted no. >< It's messed... >> My whole family except my mom voted yes, made me so angry. I almost changed my dad's mind and he's EXTREMELY homophobic. I remember one time when I told him I was going somewhere and he asked why. I said "I'm fighting for gay rights." He glared at me and said "What about natures rights?" Mad

I also remember a time in 9th grade when we were reading Romeo and Juliet and we had to fill out a paper that said what you were looking for in a partner and what your parents were. He wrote "MALE" in large letters across his side of the page. >> Thanks.

Sorry 'bout that, back to the topic. I wouldn't call California the Fail state, at least Cali has had the rights and the supreme courts are fighting for them. There are states that have not even considered a gay marriage bill. California's just a work in progress, and I'm sure the fighting won't end, sadly. However, I could see gay marriage here sometime in the near-ish future. The newer generations just gotta get it's voting rights so that the majority are for it.

9Not cool, California! Empty Re: Not cool, California! Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:10 am

Widdershins

I protested in the rain and had people throwing shit and yelling at us. My favorite was "Go back to West Hollywood". And yet it still passed. I almost cried when I found out. The next day at school I wore a vote no on 8 sticker and someone ripped it off my shirt. Ripped it. So messed up, the whole situation.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum