YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Good morning to you all

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Good morning to you all Empty Good morning to you all Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:01 am

rantinan

So semi relevant introduction post time.
The name is Rant. No, relay. Rhane or Anne if you insist on something a little more civilised sounding.
I'm in my 30's, live in Australia, and I make my own toys.
I am obsessed with, in no particular order, Giant robots, Animals, particularly Australian natives and cats, dolls, Muse, Siamese fighting fish, comics of all sorts, magical girls, world of warcraft, feminism, pro choice campaigning, Zekedoober and other zoids (yay robot doggies and kitties!)Music of all sorts, animu and other things.

I share my life with a wonderful crazy woman, a cat called chicken and 2 fighting fish called Ranka and Min. Of us all the fish are probably the most sane.

I started reading Yu-Me because, unlike so many other depictions of lesbians in mainstream media, it showed girls struggling to come to terms with their feelings, keeping relationships in the closet, etc etc. Lesbians depicted as real people, not horny man writing! The fact that the series has since taken a screaming left hand turn down into lucid dreaming and surrealism has only made it better for me.

Ok ok enough with the wall of text. Hi there.

http://rantinan.deviantart.com/

2Good morning to you all Empty Re: Good morning to you all Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:09 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

You make your own toys? How intresting! What kinda toys do you make? If you don't mind sharing of course.

And yay WoW :3 I just recently got into it from a boy I'm talking to, only a level 20 Warrior, but it's something to spend time on!

Cat called Chicken, that is cute cat Do you have pictures to share?

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

3Good morning to you all Empty Re: Good morning to you all Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:10 am

rantinan

Clawdee wrote:You make your own toys? How intresting! What kinda toys do you make? If you don't mind sharing of course.

And yay WoW :3 I just recently got into it from a boy I'm talking to, only a level 20 Warrior, but it's something to spend time on!

Cat called Chicken, that is cute cat Do you have pictures to share?

toy pic samples to be found in my DA. I relay need to get off my ass and upload some more.
no pics of chicken in there tho.

4Good morning to you all Empty Re: Good morning to you all Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:14 am

Nicole

Nicole

rantinan wrote:So semi relevant introduction post time.
The name is Rant. No, relay. Rhane or Anne if you insist on something a little more civilised sounding.
I'm in my 30's, live in Australia, and I make my own toys.
I am obsessed with, in no particular order, Giant robots, Animals, particularly Australian natives and cats, dolls, Muse, Siamese fighting fish, comics of all sorts, magical girls, world of warcraft, feminism, pro choice campaigning, Zekedoober and other zoids (yay robot doggies and kitties!)Music of all sorts, animu and other things.

I share my life with a wonderful crazy woman, a cat called chicken and 2 fighting fish called Ranka and Min. Of us all the fish are probably the most sane.

I started reading Yu-Me because, unlike so many other depictions of lesbians in mainstream media, it showed girls struggling to come to terms with their feelings, keeping relationships in the closet, etc etc. Lesbians depicted as real people, not horny man writing! The fact that the series has since taken a screaming left hand turn down into lucid dreaming and surrealism has only made it better for me.

Ok ok enough with the wall of text. Hi there.
Whee I liked Zoids. Well not the toys but the shows are my guilty pleasure. When you say dolls do you mean BJDs or another kind?

Hee ironic that it takes a comic to depict lesbians as real people.

5Good morning to you all Empty Re: Good morning to you all Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

Oooo, just checked out your toys! I have to say, so far, the LadyBug is my favorite. And the pink war toys? Fantastic! Very Happy

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

6Good morning to you all Empty Re: Good morning to you all Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:29 am

rantinan

Yay for BJD's.
In fact they are not my doll of choice, I prefer the smaller scale to work with. GI joes, konami MMS, Kyodo revoltechs... this is what I'm enjoying the most at the moment. I'll always be more of a scratch builder and sculptor than a tailor.

As for the bug, yay I'm glad someone else likes it. Made form a bunch of scrap and leftovers, with a gi joe baroness painted up in a "I reject your dominatrix fetish and substitute my own" colour scheme.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum