YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Yo, need help cappin'!

+2
Clawdee
Delicious Gin
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Yo, need help cappin'! Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:17 pm

Delicious Gin

My name is Mike, and I've been reading webcomics for six or seven years now.

I'm a sucker for surrealism and slice-of-life. So I'm very grateful for YU+ME.

I am not an alcoholic.

2Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Thu Mar 12, 2009 11:33 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

You don't need to be an alcoholic to know the gin is delicious Mike Very Happy Or so I've heard XD

Which other comics are you reading? I have of list of only 20 so of course I need more to read Laughing

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

3Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:30 am

reba

reba

Gin *is* delicious. I'm not much of a drinker either, but I think gin is just one of those things - I mean, I never find anyone who thinks gin is just okay. It's an all-or-nothing kind of deal.

I felt a bit silly creating a new thread to toot my own horn, as it's not a particularly interesting one, but I wanted to say hi nonetheless and what better way than with gin? Wink

Hi, I'm Reba. I'm a Georgia girl (a liberal - don't tell) and soon-to-be college graduate. Every morning at the college writing center where I work, I come in, pour some water in a tacky mug, fire up our rickety computers, and tempt my coworkers away from their tutoring and report filing with that day's webcomic entertainment. There are a few that I read and share regularly, but YU+ME is always at the top of the list - I was drawn in initially by the confessional narrative style, then grew to love the mixed-media aspect of the art, then slowly realized I was hooked by so many things about it that I couldn't extricate them from each other anymore.

In the world of fandom, I'm more of a lurker than anything else, but every once in a while we quiet types like to make our presence known and join the conversation. Smile So hi, and welcome, and I'm glad we're all here, and glad to be here!

4Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:43 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

Reba, I just wish I had coworkers to send links too, but alas I have to deal with my friend, and everytime I send her a new link she's like 'Another one? -sighs-' It's quite funny though.

And going through my list of webcomics is the first thing I do when I get on the computer, Yu+Me and Lesbian Pirates are very, very close to the top.

Glad to see another lurker as well Smile I'm a lurker at several boards, and very shy also, and I thought being a mod would help me out of the shell I have Very Happy

Hope to hear more from both of you in the future!

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

5Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:49 am

Everest

Oh good, it's not just me who has to check her list of webcomics first thing. I confess I'm not a fan of gin, so I guess I'm still in the minority on that one, though.

6Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:10 am

Nicole

Nicole

Everest wrote:Oh good, it's not just me who has to check her list of webcomics first thing. I confess I'm not a fan of gin, so I guess I'm still in the minority on that one, though.
I am on your side with both of those things.

7Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:10 am

Nicole

Nicole

Delicious Gin wrote:
I am not an alcoholic.
Denial is the first sign.

8Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:00 am

freakingdork

freakingdork

Hi Mike, glad you're here.

I am also not an alcoholic.

9Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:29 am

Delicious Gin

Woot, lots of responses! Here is what I, too, do first thing in the morning (or alternately, last thing before bed):

This is the first time I'm spreading the word about Curvy, a GROWN-UP, NWS comic that is amazing in so many ways. Contains lesbians! I've also recently discovered Anders Loves Maria (yeah, slowpoke is slow), I love Templar, Arizona so much I toyed with the idea of running a tabletop RPG based on it, I've been reading this artist/writer for a long time now, and this is what got me through the latter years of high school. Whew! Let's not forget the most meta and obscure comic I have ever read.

Moving on... I myself have never had gin. I should look into correcting that.

10Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:10 am

Everest

I found Curvy myself just recently (thanks entirely to this board, and to Clawdee specifically!) and I am in love with it. More people should read it.

If you're going to drink gin, find a bottle of expensive stuff, that way you'll know whether you truly like it or not. That's my philosophy with trying new things anyway...and that's how I know I will never like gin. Shocked

11Yo, need help cappin'! Empty Re: Yo, need help cappin'! Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:39 pm

Delicious Gin

Cool. Reminds me of the time I asked someone what a good vodka was... he said that vodka was invented out of the cheapest stuff available, so I should stop being a snob. XD

But I do like my beer, and I understand how important quality can be when that particular beverage is concerned.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum