YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

I want to write my own Web Comic

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1I want to write my own Web Comic Empty I want to write my own Web Comic Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:00 pm

C

C

OK, I had an idea for a story about six years ago and I just can't get it out of my head. I really want to see my story come to life. The thing is, I'm not a good artist (at all). Should I go along with my project anyway or find another way.

2I want to write my own Web Comic Empty Re: I want to write my own Web Comic Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:51 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

You could always team up with an artist!

http://rosalarian.com

3I want to write my own Web Comic Empty Re: I want to write my own Web Comic Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:39 am

C

C

Like who? I don't want to sound sarcastic, but is there a web site or something?

4I want to write my own Web Comic Empty Re: I want to write my own Web Comic Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:00 pm

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

I've never had to hire an artist for anything, so this is all speculation from me, but there's huge artist communities on the web. Deviantart.com for one. There's plenty of comic artists around who draw gorgeous, gorgeous comics, but the stories are shit. Probably don't want to just jump on one from out of the blue, but you could start building relationships with artists, or place a classified ad looking for one. Work out payment/ownership terms so you're both comfortable with the arrangement.

http://rosalarian.com

5I want to write my own Web Comic Empty Re: I want to write my own Web Comic Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:20 am

C

C

Thanks for your help.

6I want to write my own Web Comic Empty My Story Idea. Whadaya Think? Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:27 am

C

C

On the Wind

In an ancient world of magic, science, and otherworldly creatures, a War between Man and Dragons raged. When the dust settled, the humans declared their dominance over the planet while the dragons faded from existence. It was said that the dragons took human form and went to dwell among their conquerors. But the time of hiding is over. A group of humans with the blood of dragons must fight to save their species from oblivion. The final battle will be fought…

On the Wind

Note: A Wind Rider refers to a human whose blood is mixed with the blood of dragons. This gives the human the ability to transform into a dragon and back again. The human also has access to almost unlimited magical abilities, although this magic is difficult to control and may have fatal consequences.

Kara- Leader of the Wind Riders, Kara only wanted a normal life as a human girl. But on her sixteenth birthday, Kara comes to realize her destiny as the Dragon’s Flame, the Dragon who will save her people. Although Kara resents her destiny and at times can be rather hot headed, she can be a wise and levelheaded leader.

Walter- A human solider who joins the Wind Riders. As a fighter pilot, he finds dragon riding a new and exciting experience. Hardheaded, yet loyal, the dragons will need this young man if they expect to survive. He is in love with Kara, but keeps his feelings a secret.

Rick- Orphaned at an early age, Rick’s last memories of his parents was seeing them shot down by the troops of the Colonel. Left with a lasting distrust of humanity, Rick sees the coexistence of humans and dragons as a cruel joke. He is bitter and angry, but brave in the face of danger.

Tyler- The muscle bound yet lovable member of the Wind Riders, Tyler has the heart and innocence of a child. But in a land where dragons are spit on and hunted to extinction, Tyler finds himself questioning whether there is a place for his kind to exist in the world.

The Colonel- The Colonel has made it his life’s work to exterminate the last of the dragons. He is obsessive and unceasing in his efforts, but is not without a moral code. The Colonel was a private during the first dragon war and knows first hand what the dragons can do.

The Voice- whispers on the wind that guides the Wind Riders toward an unknown destination. Although it provides useful advice, the Voice’s intentions may not be quite so noble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum