YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Running away from home

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Running away from home Empty Running away from home Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:03 am

Wisdom Thumbs

Wisdom Thumbs

I'm posting this because I was kicked out of my house today. I guess this should have come as no big surprise, but it still hurts like hell (physically and emotionally) to get choke-slammed into several walls and the floor before being told to consolidate one's possessions and get the hell out.

Anyway, having been forced to return home before the day could even finish, and wishing I could be anywhere else but here right now, I was wondering if anybody else here has had any "running away" experiences, and what they thought about the matter. To me, it's an option worth considering. I really do not want to put up with the daily shitstorms and having to tiptoe around on eggshells just to say something to my family in the "correct" fashion so that I don't get my teeth knocked out for it.

There are a variety of reasons to kick people out, granted. There are just as many reasons for somebody to just leave on their own. But one bad reason is that the person wasn't pulling their weight around the house. I work ten hour days most days and don't get paid, plus I do most of the chores around the house even though I have two siblings who should be capable of helping (but don't).

So... yeah.

http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php

2Running away from home Empty Re: Running away from home Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:18 am

Zelknolf

// edit -- I didn't read your profile. Silly me.

So, eh. What kind of work are you doing and why aren't you getting paid for it?

3Running away from home Empty Re: Running away from home Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:14 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Profile said "farming". Family farms, you don't get pad, you "earn your keep". 10 hour days aren't uncommon.

Neither is family volence, from what I understand. The stresses of a small farm are hard enough to deal wth when you're sane and well-adjusted.

You need to contact the nearest youth shelter you can find and go there. You're probably not too near a large city, but there may be a county shelter set up somewhere - check the phone book under "Human Services" in the "government" section.

And tell them everything. They'll have the resources to help you, because there's no way you'll be able to get by on your own - you haven't had the real-world-beureaucratic exposure you need to get by. They have, and they also know all the federal/state/local ordinaces and programs that can help you.

I've had fights with my daughter, and sometimes they've gotten physical. But nothing like what you've described, and we've reconciled (and we understand each other a lot better now). You need some time apart, some cooling down time, but most importantly you need a 3rd party involved.

Good luck. I hope it works out for you in the end, whether you wind up back at home or move on.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum