YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello there!

+2
freakingdork
axeslade
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello there! Empty Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:49 am

axeslade

axeslade

Hey guys. My name's Adelay (well, it's not my *given* name, but...). I'm a pansexual pre-op tranny boi...thing (I'd need a whole forum for all my labels Laughing ), with a compartively-simple, amazing cisgendered woman for a partner. I'm a freshman in college. I'm into anime, manga, all kinds of music besides rap and heavy metal (and I make some exceptions there), movies, books and writing (I'm working on editing a novel and starting another one, because I'm a mental masochist).

I've been reading yu+me since this summer. I think I've really connected with it since the dream started since I'm in a long-distance (1200 miles apart) relationship, which makes me really feel for Fiona and Lia. I've read some of lpfos, and now that I have hi-speed instead of dialup I intend to read the rest.

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

2Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:41 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Hi Adelay! I love that name and I love the way you spell it. <3

You sound like fun and I can't wait to talk to you more.

3Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:34 pm

axeslade

axeslade

freakingdork wrote:Hi Adelay! I love that name and I love the way you spell it. <3

You sound like fun and I can't wait to talk to you more.

Thanks! It's not an actual name, but shortened from the name my birthname is derived from. This is actually the first place I've really used it Smile

4Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:21 pm

Nicole

Nicole

axeslade wrote:pre-op tranny boi..
Hooray! Trannies of the YumeBoard 2.0 unite?

What are the novels about?

5Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 pm

axeslade

axeslade

Nicole wrote:
axeslade wrote:pre-op tranny boi..
Hooray! Trannies of the YumeBoard 2.0 unite?

What are the novels about?

It's hard to summarize the first one, but I'll try. (Hiding the summary of the first one because it might be triggering for some people)

Spoiler:

And the second is about two gay men, both having died in the early fifties...one of whom reincarnates as female (aka transman) and the other is still a ghost/spirit due to various issues and their dealing with their situation...not your typical cliche 'magical girl/boy trapped in a girl's body and hilarity ensues' kind of thing

Last edited by axeslade on Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

6Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:39 pm

Nicole

Nicole

axeslade wrote:
It's hard to summarize the first one, but I'll try. (Hiding the summary of the first one because it might be triggering for some people)

And the second is about two gay men, both having died in the early fifties...one of whom reincarnates as female (aka transman) and the other is still a ghost/spirit due to various issues and their dealing with their situation...not your typical cliche 'magical girl/boy trapped in a girl's body and hilarity ensues' kind of thing
Those both sound pretty interesting and something I would read.

7Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:40 pm

axeslade

axeslade

^ Thanks! It's always nice to hear that people besides my girlfriend thinks these things are interesting Smile

8Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:56 pm

reba

reba

I'd like to read them too! I wonder if it would be feasible to start a writers' group thread - maybe not while the whole forum is in the starting-up stages, but after things get running smoothly.

It seems from the introductions that a lot of people around here are writerly or creative types, and it would be nice to have a venue to bouncing ideas around and getting support and feedback.

Especially for those of us whose creative work often deals with LGBT and/or feminist and/or otherwise "subversive" subject matter, I know it can be hard to plug in with a likeminded creative community. At least in my experience as a mixed-media artist, which I think is really more similar to writing than it gets credit for, I'm a little isolated, and I would love to have people to share ideas with.

Maybe a community of comic fans could bridge the gap between visual and verbal representation Smile

9Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Eldan

Eldan

Writers' thread would be awesome.
I'm not much of a writer but I love reading!

10Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:19 pm

reba

reba

Eldan wrote:I'm not much of a writer but I love reading!
Me too; I'm generally more of a visual artist than a creative writer, although I think they're both essentially forms of storytelling (especially when you get into overlapping territory like handmade and altered books, or comics), but I work with writers and am around them a lot as a tutor and I enjoy the process. It might be fun Smile

11Hello there! Empty Re: Hello there! Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:45 pm

Danaidae

Danaidae

I am all for a writer's thread. Adelay, your second book sounds SO cool. I'm very interested in the topic of past lives, and how they effect present lives. The idea of ghosts being unable to move on is also something I'm keen on. (Reading Hamlet right now is furthering this interest.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum