YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Advice for an aspiring novelist

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Advice for an aspiring novelist Empty Advice for an aspiring novelist Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:20 am

EndlessD

I've been working on my book for many years now and at long last, it's almost done. A few things left to do to it, namely rewriting a few scenes and fixing a few plot holes.
I don't consider it a lesbian novel. I think of it as a book with witches, demons, humans....only some of them are lesbian and bisexual.
I'm a huge sci-fi fantasy person and I wish that there were more lesbian books that fell into those categories.

Has anyone here gotten a book published? Tried to? What are some suggestions you have? Did you find/do you think there are any difficulties involved when trying to get an agent/publisher for a queer book? How do you know when it's really ready? What do you think gives a story that extra something? That thing that can make you love it?

http://www.endlessdestiy.deviantart.com

2Advice for an aspiring novelist Empty Re: Advice for an aspiring novelist Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:31 pm

Heyyou!88

I have been writing for years but have never had the guts to get anything published. So I have no good advice about that...there are gay friendly publishers and distributors. For ex. Bold Strokes.

As for what makes a book breath taking? I guess that depends on the person.For me its the meaning. Its the wording. Its the logic. The key is to write the book for yourself. Do you love the book? Do you love the way it plays out? If yes, then so will the readers.

Good luck! Hope it becomes a best seller! Very Happy

3Advice for an aspiring novelist Empty Re: Advice for an aspiring novelist Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:42 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

You know that Megan does publishing, right? See here.

I don't know if she's taking submissions right now, but you might want to try emailing her about it.

4Advice for an aspiring novelist Empty Re: Advice for an aspiring novelist Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:21 pm

Gabe Puratekuta

Gabe Puratekuta

I've tried my hand at writing a novel once. Unfortunately, I completely lost it before I could get the first few chapters finished....

http://neohanjukio.artician.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum