YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics

+26
Mask
radicalannie
Siubh
Widdershins
Kugai
Monster
ayllie
Crazy Aido
Blarg
Kyon
Rue
Somnimiles
Sara
RainbowSprinkles
rayeine
Futch
Mrs. Abject
freakingdork
shasta
Dinru
Divine Right
Xanadas
axeslade
Clawdee
Everest
Nicole
30 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:13 am

Nicole

Nicole

While I love Yu+Me and Lesbian Pirates From Outer Space, I also like to have as many more queer webcomics to read as I can. Sometimes it can be hard to find comics though so I thought a thread to post and discuss other webcomics could be useful. I am not sure if it would be better to limit comics to girl love themed comics or just any where lesbian relationships are a large part of the plot or maybe ones about GLBT people in general. I think I will just start with the former.

• Punch and Pie: The main two female characters are in a relationship since the beginning of the comic and it deals with the tribulations of the relationship during it plot.
  • Khaos Komix: A webcomic that follows four couples, and has gay, lesbian, bisexual, and trans characters.
  • Simply Sarah: A slice of life webcomic about Sarah falling in love, coming out, and dealing with relationship issues.
  • Flipside: A fantasy themed webcomic about Bernadette and Maytag. It also deals with the issue of polyamory.
  • Blue: A little bit sparsely updated webcomic but has a promising storyline so far about falling in love.
  • Fun in Jammies: This webcomic is about Gwen and Nora, identical twins with some personality differences including Gwen is gay.
  • Heard: A sequel to the one shot comic Seen, the comic is about Romy's friends trying to get her a girlfriend by introducing her to four girls
  • Starcrossed: A story about a closeted lesbian high school student and how a meteor shower changed things for her.
  • Why Me?: Dee gets an... interesting fairy god mother to help her find her prince princess.

And I am sure there are probably pretty. More. Let me know if you have any problems with the list that I should fix. Or post your own list if you want to add.

2Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:33 am

Everest

Several of the ones you posted are ones I'm not familiar with, so I'll have to check them out. Thanks for the recommendations!

I think Girly is also worth mentioning. It's really light and goofy, and there's really no lesbian identity stuff in it, but the two main characters are women who are in love with each other. Much like YU+ME, it started off heavy on the lesbian romance and then later veered into weirder territory, so continuing fans of YU+ME may like it.

3Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:37 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

Curvy is a new one, doesn't have many pages, but it is very good none the less. It also falls intot he realm of SciFi.

http://c.urvy.org/?date=20080329

http://clawdee.blogspot.com

4Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:53 am

axeslade

axeslade

I think Lean On Me is worth a mention, even though it's on semi-permenant hiatus. Deals more with trans issues than making a big deal out of the fact the two leads are women.

http://www.xanga.com/adelaytheboi/weblog/

5Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:17 pm

Xanadas

Xanadas

http://juxtapose.smackjeeves.com/

Juxtapose has amazing manga-type art but she's horrid at updating xP

Still, worth to read all the old pages and such.

6Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:50 pm

Divine Right

There's this comic called 1322 Knob Lick Lane which isn't exclusively about lesbians but there are definitely two characters who are gay. Pretty new but promising.

http://bullaandbrie.com/

Also, for you old school punks. There's the Coffee Achievers, which is written by Mitch Clem and drawn by K.C. Green (I think). Good stuff. Again, not about lesbians but two of the main characters are very much in love.

http://www.coffeeachievers.net/

7Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:53 pm

Dinru

Dinru

There's Misfile, which is partially about a boy who turns into a girl, among other LGBT-riffic themes.

8Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:27 am

shasta

shasta

I read Upheaval. It's pretty good. (and very funny) The sister of the main character is a lesbian. She's my hero.

9Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:05 am

Everest

Well, I glanced through them, and I have to say that of all the ones I wasn't already aware of, Flipside and Curvy look like my favorites. I am especially in love with Curvy's quirky art style and sense of humor. Thanks for recommending it!

10Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:36 am

Clawdee

Clawdee

No problem! I'm just sad that I have to look at it when everyone's asleep or at school XD I can't wait to see where Curvy goes in the future!

I also in love with Flipside, and have to look at that after hours, but it's very enjoyable and I think I spent 4 days reading the entire thing (Book 0 also) but it was well worth the time. That story is AMAZING.

11Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Sat Mar 14, 2009 3:33 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Clawdee, Flipside lost me in the middle of Chapter 17. I don't exactly remember why though. Because now I'm reading it again. *facepalm*

12Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:13 am

Mrs. Abject

I'm just starting to read Flipside (and I've been reading Girly for a while, and I love it.) I don't know what the deal with Maytag and Bernadette is: I know they're together, but what kind of relationship do they have? TV Tropes says they're not in an open relationship, but it's really hard to believe that based on Maytag's personality- if she's not currently in an open relationship, I'm getting the sense that she'd very much prefer to be. I've only read the most recent chapters, though, and haven't gotten the chance to do an archive trawl. I guess I'm sort of the opposite of freakingdork in that regard?

Starcrossed was cute, too, although there's not much there. The art's nice.

13Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:34 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Mrs. Abject wrote:I don't know what the deal with Maytag and Bernadette is: I know they're together, but what kind of relationship do they have? TV Tropes says they're not in an open relationship, but it's really hard to believe that based on Maytag's personality- if she's not currently in an open relationship, I'm getting the sense that she'd very much prefer to be.

Yeah. You really need to go back and read archives. Bernadette and Maytag have very different views on relationships and what is acceptable, which has been a point of contention for....well, since they got together, I guess. And while Maytag would very much like to be in an open relationship, she realizes that Bernadette is not about to change her mind any time soon and currently, she loves Bernadette more than having open relationships.

(At least, that's my take on it)

Edit: Oh my goodness, yes...thank you Clawdee. I just read that YESTERDAY and completely forgot about it. I'm excited/nervous to see what happens.

Last edited by freakingdork on Mon Mar 16, 2009 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

14Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Mon Mar 16, 2009 4:50 pm

Clawdee

Clawdee

Actaully, regarding Bern and Maytag's relationship, at this current point and time in the comic (not giving out spoilers) someone has put them under a truth spell and is asking them about the relationship -dun dun duuuun-

So hurry and catch up. But it does take forever, and I swear I cried a couple times during Flipside.

15Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Punch an' Pie Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:34 am

Futch

Futch

An amazingly funny webcomic about a bubbly, sarcastic girl named Angela who works in a toy store and just moved in with her adorable girlfriend Heather and the many shenanigans that ensue.

www.punchanpie.net

http://futchofficial.blogspot.com

16Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:01 pm

rayeine

rayeine

I just realized that all the webcomics I read have some lesbians in them. Maybe they're a staple?

http://xoxraynex.deviantart.com/

17Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Nicole

Nicole

rayeine wrote:I just realized that all the webcomics I read have some lesbians in them. Maybe they're a staple?
Webcomics have a lot of queer characters even if they are not the main characters. It is kind of nice.

18Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:02 am

Everest

Webcomics have a lot of queer characters even if they are not the main characters. It is kind of nice.
There's a reason I find the internet to be generally a more pleasant place than the rest of the world.

...and then I visit 4chan, and change my mind again.

19Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:58 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

It's not TOTALLY a lesbian/bisexual comic but it has some bisexual undertones. Menage a 3it's by the same people that do Penny and Aggie. It's really cute.

20Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:45 pm

Nicole

Nicole

RainbowSprinkles wrote:It's not TOTALLY a lesbian/bisexual comic but it has some bisexual undertones. Menage a 3it's by the same people that do Penny and Aggie. It's really cute.
Heh that is a really cute pervy comic. I keep showing my sister the comic because Zii reminds me of her a lot.

21Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:25 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

my friend introduced me to it and it's so cute. I fell in love instantly

22Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Tue Apr 28, 2009 1:33 pm

Sara

Sara

has anyone been reading girls with slingshots recently?
its so prime and erin is soooo cute!

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

23Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:00 am

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

I forget where I found this (it may very well have been in a thread here but I don't see it in this one). Neither the art nor the story are stellar, but they're good enough, and the premise is pretty unique, I think. It's interesting.

http://whenshewasbad.smackjeeves.com/

"When She Was Bad". It's about a superhero story told from the villain's perspective.

24Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty Re: Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Sat May 02, 2009 1:31 pm

Everest

I just went through the "When She Was Bad" archive, and I have to say that I rather like the premise, and the characters seem pretty interesting. I just wish she'd grow out of the anime style...that always bothers me. Anyway, I'll probably keep an eye on this one.

25Lesbian and Bisexual Webcomics Empty DDDDDD: Sat May 02, 2009 8:15 pm

Mrs. Abject

I've been checking out more of these webcomics, too. Punch an' Pie is great, especially because it's more about the challenges that happen when you're already together than about becoming a couple. I'm really disappointed by what happened in early 2008ish, though. It's not like it's bad writing or unrealistic, it's just sad. Does anyone who reads it know if it's, er, permanent? (I'm not sure if it was mentioned yet, but Angela was a character in Queen of Wands, which wasn't as big on the lesbian/bi plots due to having a hetero main character, but there's still some, and there's more in the way of poly issues than what I've read in Punch an' Pie so far, if anyone's interested in that.

Read some more Flipside. I'm glad their relationship is clarified, but it felt like the writer's either going to make it impossible for May to keep her word, or never address it again. It seems like Maytag promising not to cheat anymore is kind of an oversimplified solution to a really complicated problem...

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum