YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Henada . . . ?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Henada . . . ? Empty Henada . . . ? Fri Jul 24, 2009 2:33 am

Henada

Hey, I'm Henada, and I'm a female. I'm 18 years old and live in Austin Texas. I want to be an English teacher. I will be attending Hendrix University in the fall. I like to write poetry and literature, do yoga, and read. I'm of the queer variety.

I've graduated High School, but when I was still enrolled I was one of the founders and head of the GLBT club ( which we called Q Club ). It was such a success! We held regular movie nights, where we would watch GLBT movies and hold discussions. One of our members found the courage to come out to the whole school, who all applauded and cheered for her. Day Of Silence was big in the school too thanks to the club, as was Transaction. I loved all our members so dearly, and took a couple under my wing as their mentor ( or 'big sister' ). I hope they continue to have meetings, even though I'm gone.

I've been reading Yu + Me for FOOORRREEEEEVVVVVEEERRRR. It was one of the first webcomics that I started to read, along with Drowtales, which means I've been reading it for . . . four years? Five years? I don't even know. It was around the time I came out, and was so empowered by the story. The characters and story made me feel so confident and comfortable.
I'm so sad about Jake, because he was really important to me in the beginning. Sad
But! I'm saddened but also curious. Maybe this guy will redeem himself? ( Maybe not. . . )
I DO like that Don is in the story more.
And Fiona and Lia!! Oh I love them so much. They make me so happy.
When the big twist happened in the story, I cried and cried and cried. I was so SHOCKED and scared for Fiona. I wasn't like . . . angry frustrated like some other fans got. I was so close to the characters, and the whole 'dream' metaphor made so much sense when Fi finally woke up.
( To be honest, if it had ended there I actually would have been happy with it still! I'm glad it didn't though. )

Anyway, I ramble. I LOVE Yu + ME, and have for a while. Thank you for making it Megan!!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum