YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hi. I must type more characters, says the forum.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Kosmonauta

Kosmonauta

Hi, my name is Kosmonauta and I am an alcoholic
Ops, wait, this is the other forum I just joined. Nevermind.

I'm so not an old reader that followed YU+ME from the very beggining. I kinda read it all online like, last week. A friend of mine said it was good and I fell in love.
Mind me saying, I fell in love after the great reveal. Before I only thought it was fun. The great reveal and what came after is what really got me into.

Either way, giving my usual following of a webcomic is reading all there is available at the moment then completely forgetting about for a couple years and only then getting back to read what happened after, I decided to join the forum in order to not let me forget YU+ME so I can follow it as it updates.

Oh, incidentally, I am a male human, born in Brazil but living in the state of California currently in my late 20s and doing my MFA in film making, just in case anyone wants to know these little details.

PS: No Kosmonauta isn't a real name. It's just my usual internet identity.

Sara

Sara

heheh when i joined i had a similar title about the character limit.
do you like cali? ive always wanted to go, but this is my east coast lifetime

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

Kosmonauta

Kosmonauta

I find california quite enjoyable. I wish I had a car thou. I have somewhat of a resistance to cars, but I think L.A. is going to change that. It's just not made for us, pedestrians. Aside from that, it's quite fun. I can't marry a guy, but well, most of the states of the union won't let me do that either.

I spent a couple years in florida, intending to do my bachelor there (ended up doing in Brazil anyway) and comparing the two, I think California is a winner. But NYC is yet to be explored by me, and it does sound more interesting, methinks. Specially 'cause people there do have useful subways and public transport systems.

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

The Inland Empire, to a large degree, is designed to support LA commuters with housing.

Kosmonauta

Kosmonauta

FlyingLemon wrote:The Inland Empire, to a large degree, is designed to support LA commuters with housing.
I think I'm going to a jail in that area tomorrow morning.
Not to serve time, at least for now.
Just shooting a student film I'm doing the sound.
I'm sure I'll see some interesting housing options for L.A. commuters tomorrow.

Flyinglemon

Flyinglemon

Kosmonauta wrote:
FlyingLemon wrote:The Inland Empire, to a large degree, is designed to support LA commuters with housing.
I think I'm going to a jail in that area tomorrow morning.
Not to serve time, at least for now.
Just shooting a student film I'm doing the sound.
I'm sure I'll see some interesting housing options for L.A. commuters tomorrow.
Huh.

Sara

Sara

ooo nyc is way sexy and the subways are sooooo amazing, artwise, but they are very useful otherwise.

oh and didya know, theyre doing an experiment and closing off certain sections of broadway in the busy sections to make more room for pedestrians and encourage walking around. gotta love nyc

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

Kosmonauta

Kosmonauta

Sara wrote:ooo nyc is way sexy and the subways are sooooo amazing, artwise, but they are very useful otherwise.

oh and didya know, theyre doing an experiment and closing off certain sections of broadway in the busy sections to make more room for pedestrians and encourage walking around. gotta love nyc
See, that is what I wish they would do here. Their subways here are pretty and clean and decently kept, but they don't go to many places. I figure the earthquakes might have something to do with the lack of investment there. But the bus lines also suck, so you either have car or get a cab if you wanna get anywhere and not take 3 to 4 hours to get there.

FlyingLemon wrote:
Huh.

And it was, indeed, in the inland empire. city called chino.
Film-making, even as merely a student, pays off for the amount of unusual places you end up if for nothing else.
Also, something came to my attention in a conversation off-screen with a guy who works in the prison. Apparently, homosexuals are not or were not integrated to the regular inmates populations? Surely that can't be right, I thought. Got home just a little before and found out of a place in florida where gay inmates had to wear a pink wristband and figured that it is actually possible that it were like this.
The dude was talking about being gay almost as if it was an illness, how they are integrating them more now, following that with how handicaped people had their own wing and all in the jail. I wonder if it's his perspective or an actual policy of the institution, but I honestly don't know right now, which is kinda scary.
(i also find it funny how to define in a male-only institution known to have a series of homossexual actions -- as any male-only environment ends up having -- who is or who isn't homossexual.)
Anyway, just something about today that I had to share with someone...

Outside of the jail, thou, Chino looks like a nice place. I didn't have any time to go sight seeing, but on the way there and out of there it was interesting. I would not, however, take the one hour drive here to there everyday...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum