YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pride Prom

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pride Prom Empty Pride Prom Fri May 01, 2009 11:27 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

I'm so super psyched for nest weekend. I'm on a committee of people in my community and we're organizing my area's first ever pride prom! Toronto has a pride prom every year as part of their June Pride festivities. It's great to see this kind of thing going down in the smaller local communities in the area. I'm doing an interview with the local paper on Monday about the event and I can't wait for it all.

Has anyone ever been to a pride prom type event? Does anyone else have anything like this in their area or surrounding area?

I think this is totally an awesome event cuz it allows LGBTQ youth from the area and their allies to be able to get together, have their prom and be able to be themselves and most of all take who they want. I'm super glad to have been part of this event seeing as how it's the first of it's kind for my region. Smile

2Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Fri May 01, 2009 9:23 pm

Sara

Sara

dude.
why do canadians rock so hard?

it sounds like a wicked idea

http://tiny-ruffian.deviantart.com/

3Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Sat May 02, 2009 1:26 pm

Everest

I have never heard about an event like this, but it sounds like a fantastic idea! You rock so hard for putting your time and effort into making something like this happen. At what sort of venue are you going to be holding it?

4Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Sun May 03, 2009 10:24 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

It's just being held at the banquet hall at a local community center. Nothing fancy since we DID have a budget but yeah I think it's a great idea (even if we did steal it from Toronto Pride)

5Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Sun May 03, 2009 11:45 pm

Everest

I'm sure the kids participating won't have any reason to complain about the venue. Nor do I think they'll care about whether it's unoriginal or not. You're still awesome for putting your own energy into making this happen. Please do let us know how it goes!

6Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Mon May 04, 2009 3:47 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

For sure. Will do. I'm super psyched about it and it'll look really good on the application of a scholarship I'm applying for. It's a great group of people and it def is a great thing for my area since we're out of the city. I designed the posters and tickets and I was so glad to be involved.

7Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Mon May 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Everest

A scholarship's not a bad reward for doing something nice for your community. Any chance you'd be able to show off your designs here? It would be cool to see them.

8Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Tue May 05, 2009 6:30 am

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

Spoiler:
Nothing too fancy but it was fun to do and the committee even gave me a 50$ Starbucks gift card for all my hard work Smile

9Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Tue May 05, 2009 1:01 pm

freakingdork

freakingdork

Very nice Rainbow! The ads make me wanna go heh.

10Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Tue May 05, 2009 2:24 pm

RainbowSprinkles

RainbowSprinkles

lol well venture up to Durham region (45 minutes outside of Toronto) lol and you're welcome to come (though I really doubt it's worth the trip)

11Pride Prom Empty Re: Pride Prom Tue May 05, 2009 8:19 pm

Everest

They look really nice. Pretty and classy, great job!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum