YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

does yu+me remind anyone else of...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1does yu+me remind anyone else of... Empty does yu+me remind anyone else of... Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 pm

qwfu

...video girl ai or of similar mangas? It does for me. The feeling of the name, the teenage love, the continuous swing from desperation to perfect happiness and back, the oneiric atmosphere you can feel even before the end of the first part. The fact (incredible by the standards of fiction) that the heroine doesn't care that it is just a dream and not reality, she just wants to find her love and be happy.

Or maybe it's just because in the last ten years or so (when I read vga) I have never found another story that's original but still doesn't seem to be trying to hard - a story with which is so easy to fall in love.

At my age it's very difficult to be able to say that of a comic (or anything really). Ideas have already been seen too many times, a little inconsistency in a world of fantasy can prevent you to re-enter that world forever, and it's too easy to be projected in the mind of the author, understanding why he did something and, again, losing the magic. But I can say it of yu+me and I pull my hat off to its author, if she reads the forum.

2does yu+me remind anyone else of... Empty Re: does yu+me remind anyone else of... Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:34 pm

newslang06

newslang06

I'm not a big girls manga fan. I read the glbt stuff and I read One Piece and Gash Bell. But, yeah. I guess I could say it kind of reminds me of Fushigi Yuugi. This wonderful love story and then the main character getting thrust back into reality and told that what happened couldn't be real (although in Fushigi Yuugi she kind of knew that...) and the fact that she fought hard for what she the love she believed in.

Although, I think Megan does it better.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum