YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sexuality confusion and whatnot

+3
Megan Rose
Wisdom Thumbs
Roses Ablaze
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Sexuality confusion and whatnot Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:20 am

Roses Ablaze

So, today I was eating dinner out with my brother and mom and somehow we got on the topic of relationships. Randomly I said something along the lines of, "Maybe I'll get a girl." My mom and brother looked at me kind of weirdly and my brother asked if I meant adopting a baby girl. My mom said "No..." and said something along the lines of "Well...at least you're open-minded..." I don't know why I was surprised that they were surprised.

I've had a crush on a girl before but I've never really felt sexual feelings for girls. But I have an easier time imagining myself in a relationship with a girl than in a relationship with a guy. Yet I think of myself as straight. Does this make me bi? Or just...not straight, something that doesn't have a definition? Or still straight? And if I am straight does that mean I'm, like, not allowed to date women? I'm rather confused.

Sorry for the cliche-ness of this topic.

2Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:58 am

Wisdom Thumbs

Wisdom Thumbs

While I don't know too much about this, I think it's fairly safe to say that you don't have to fit any strict categories. Don't force yourself into a round hole if you're a square peg, even if you have rounded corners. I guess? scratch

Hey, your family didn't react like you were some sort of abomination. Win, right there.

http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php

3Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:07 am

Megan Rose

Megan Rose
Admin

It could be that your sexual feelings lean one way, while your romantic ones lean another. Sex and love are two different things that we tend to lump together.

http://rosalarian.com

4Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:22 pm

Nyahhh

Nyahhh

I know what you mean by confused.
And just as I become less and less confused, I realize how much it's sucked for guys all this time with all these girls that lead you on at best, or most of the time don't even notice you >.<

I figure the best way to go about it would be to give it a shot at least.

5Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Mon Jun 07, 2010 2:22 pm

Wisdom Thumbs

Wisdom Thumbs

Alternatively, and this is only a small possibility, you might just have no attraction to this one specific person. Or a few specific people.

http://thecreativeforums.myfastforum.org/index.php

6Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:05 pm

naota

about sexual confusion right now I'm having a problem with it, Im a man and im in a heterosexual relationship that it's about to brake up, im kind of confused, cos if you are gay you know what you like, but in my case, I like women but I want to be one.
whats the name for that? I just think every day that if i born girl I'll be lesbian, wich would make things easier to undertand for me and my parents...

sorry about my ignorance, but if you could tell me if someone have the same thing or maybe can explain whats with me I should be glad. ^^

7Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Nyahhh

Nyahhh

Hey Naota, some things I understand are:

Gender (in your head) and Sex (in your pants) and Sexuality (what/who the first two things want to do) don't have some kind of formula like sex=girl therefore gender=girl therefore sexuality=likes boys

I know a few girl-to-guy trans, I think some of them still go out with other guys sometimes.

Have you ever heard of Eddie Izzard? Among other things such as an actor and a hilarious comedian he is a transvestite.

It's too bad that you weren't born the sex that you identify as, and I hope that everything works out, but what a perspective you must have! Make the most of it, be proud of who you are.

I'm really curious about your story now, if you care to share I'd love to listen and chat Very Happy

8Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:43 am

Xshu

naota wrote:sorry about my ignorance, but if you could tell me if someone have the same thing or maybe can explain whats with me I should be glad. ^^
You might want to take a good long look at this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

9Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:51 am

naota

Xshu wrote:
naota wrote:sorry about my ignorance, but if you could tell me if someone have the same thing or maybe can explain whats with me I should be glad. ^^
You might want to take a good long look at this article: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transsexualism

You are late, but thanks anyways

10Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:56 pm

carl-E

carl-E

Late? As in, too late?

Something happen?

11Sexuality confusion and whatnot Empty Re: Sexuality confusion and whatnot Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:48 am

naota

carl-E wrote:Late? As in, too late?

Something happen?

no, sorry if I worry somebody. that late is more like: I have seen that information yet and I know what I want to know yet.
It's strange, its all thanks to YU+ME and this forum. ^^

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum