YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

WTF happened to the King of Nod?

+2
Bork
DayDreamer21:6
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1WTF happened to the King of Nod? Empty WTF happened to the King of Nod? Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:13 pm

DayDreamer21:6

I know It'll probably be explained soon, but Come on, I know I'm not the only one thinking about it.

Maybe Sadako probably killed him and took his powers?
(Backed up by Identical Swirly-eyes.)

2WTF happened to the King of Nod? Empty Re: WTF happened to the King of Nod? Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:32 am

Bork

Bork

While it is possible that Sadoko usurped the king of Nod/Dreamland/Pop Star*'s power**, it is also possible that the swirly eye effect is common among all Dreamers visiting Nod***. Whether she did steal the powers of the king or not, however, it seems to be a general consensus that Sadako pulled a Macbeth.

It seems that this plot detail is soon to be worked out.

-B.O.R.K.

*(Kirby reference. Had to do it. Every time I hear the word Dreamland, I am reminded of Kirby. <('.'<) )

**(Some have noticed that the king's swirly eye and Sadako's swirly eye are on opposing sides, meaning that if they look at each other, the swirls would be looking into eachother. Make of that what you will.)

***(Some have noticed that, when a dreamer other than Sadako uses Dream Warping Powers, their hair tends to subtly cover one of their eyes. I love how the author works such minute yet important details into her work: Sort of like the difference between British horror movies and American 'horror' movies.)

3WTF happened to the King of Nod? Empty Re: WTF happened to the King of Nod? Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:09 am

ulzimate

Looked like to me that he was tired of the world and wanted out. I really doubt that the swirly eye is a common trait, or else we would have probably seen more of it. It does seem like a source of power (anyone else familiar with Naruto? That eye just reminds me of that Rinnegan eye thing..), and he probably gave it to Sadako to rid himself of the burdens.

4WTF happened to the King of Nod? Empty Re: WTF happened to the King of Nod? Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:41 pm

SuzanneM

ulzimate wrote:Looked like to me that he was tired of the world and wanted out. I really doubt that the swirly eye is a common trait, or else we would have probably seen more of it. It does seem like a source of power (anyone else familiar with Naruto? That eye just reminds me of that Rinnegan eye thing..), and he probably gave it to Sadako to rid himself of the burdens.

I agree. As for swirl eye/non swirly eye discussion she had two normal eyes in Nod until her eye got cut out. Then she had none for a bit and then she got the swirly eye right after a discussion with the king who promptly seems to disappear while she becomes queen. Plus she refuses to do something to become queen ( gonna bet it's kill him) and then agrees and has "dirty" hands when her conscience next sees her. Funny how those eyes also look like the portals into Nod....

I also feel like Fi connects in there somehow. Like Sadako, she can can control Nod outside her Dreamspace. So what remains to be seen in my opinion is whether Sadako is simply trying to eliminate competition or whether she actually is sick of being queen and wants Fi to replace her. While the second seems unlikely, if you have read Magic Knight Rayearth than it is comparitively less surpising I think.

5WTF happened to the King of Nod? Empty Re: WTF happened to the King of Nod? Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Sk

I think she killed him. Pretty sure.

http://rosalarian.com/yume/?p=2136

see? Blood on the hands. And she has the eyeball. So.

6WTF happened to the King of Nod? Empty Re: WTF happened to the King of Nod? Sat Apr 17, 2010 5:00 pm

Dinru

Dinru

SuzanneM wrote:
I also feel like Fi connects in there somehow. Like Sadako, she can can control Nod outside her Dreamspace.

Okay, let me just say this quick: Lia could also control Nod outside her Dreamspace, and it's pretty much implied here that all dreamers can, but Sadako has locked them in to places where they can't harm each other.

That being said; Megan has already answered the question.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum