YumeBoard 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
YumeBoard 2.0

Talk about YU+ME, and other stuff

You are not connected. Please login or register

rewrites and finding the ways Lia and Don hijacked the dream

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Katisanse

So, normally I just lurk about the forums and the cbox a bit when I have questions. but I couldn't find anyone else talking about this and it is driving me nuts so, I am making an appearance.

I was rereading the archives of part one after we discovered there were multiple drafts of the dream script. I totally loved seeing the pull back and forth between where the dream was supposed to go and where Lia and Don were trying to take it. Trouble is, that it is naturally hard to tell what was scripted and what was not. I am not sure if the rewrites were attempting to steer the story back to the original plotline with Fi falling for Sarah (once Fi fell for Lia and things got so far along, why would they keep the bathroom kiss scene unless they were trying to make her fall for sarah? After all, that wasn't needed anymore to make Fi deal with her sexuality) or if they were working with that change to still get us to the end goal of Fi coming out and remembering her mother's suicide.

I can find lots of places where the writers seem to be driving in a wedge and Lia and Don work around it.
Lia is going to go away on the trip to Chicago, getting her out of the picture for a while. But Lia get's Fi to join a club so she can go too, so they write in James to keep the two of them apart.
Jake directly tells Fi to ask Lia to the dance, then once Lia gets upset he even agrees that it was obvious she wouldn't be able to go.
Plus there are all kinds of things that have new meanings. the look on Lia's face when she finds out about Fi's stepdad. Page 335 when Jake says,"all this sneaky stuff is really confusing me" lol.
It's all very cool. At the same time though, Lia seems to be trying to hide their relationship from Sadako. But how is that even possible? Sadako seems to be there to put pressure on Lia to quit screwing with the dream yet The relationship somehow continues? Or is everything after Sadako shows up scripted? does the clandestine relationship (no pun intended) continue under the control of the writer?

And really, one thing that has been driving me nuts is page 70. Because if the mysterious writer is still trying to go with the original storyline, why would he/she have Fi see Lia all hot and showery when she should be lusting after Sarah? But if that is the case and it is unscripted then Lia is doing this of her own volition. and Lia, as an actor, knows Fi can see her through that window, and has no reason to take a shower on set except to be seen. That is a pretty dastardly seduction technique.

I don't know? am I over thinking all of this? Has anyone else been racking their brains with this stuff? any theories? Boy, I hope that when we find Lia and finally run into Sadako we can get some more flashbacks of this stuff from an actor perspective.

Somnimiles

Somnimiles

Sounds like an interesting avenue to pursue. I'd go over it myself but I just spent the last two days finally solving "Primer" and my brain is about to melt from the endeavor.

carl-E

carl-E

Wow. Fantastic work. Cogent, articulate, and very perceptive.

We may have a position open for you, if you're interested...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum